PDA

View Full Version : Need Directions for 2 lakes

jodycanfish
08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone,I am finally planning a trip up to Cataract creek for a day or so but can anyone give me directions where to park to go to Picklejar and Running Rain Lake. Maybe I will spend a couple days up there and if anyone would like to come let me know.I am not sure of the date yet but I will keep you posted.Cheers JODY

tonyflyfish
08-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I am always ready for Cataract so please let me know when you are going. I have some work scheduled for the next couple of weeks but can maybe work around it.
tony

Sundancefisher
08-25-2009, 03:10 PM
put this in google...

50 degree 30 ' 15.77" N
114 degrees 56' 43.86" W

for running rain...

jodycanfish
08-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I am always ready for Cataract so please let me know when you are going. I have some work scheduled for the next couple of weeks but can maybe work around it.
tony
OK I will let you know,this will be my first time there!

jodycanfish
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
put this in google...

50 degree 30 ' 15.77" N
114 degrees 56' 43.86" W

for running rain...Thanks a bunch.......so I heard you guys and girls had fun in Caroline.Wish I could of went.I will be going back up there late SEPT> for 3-4 days for fishing.

calgarygringo
08-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Jody
For Cataract walk upstream on the logging road alongside the stream and fish on the way. Watch for a big beaver pond on your right side about 4-5 km up the road. Last time we were there Jeff and I pulled several out of there. In the creek from that point up and down a km or 2 there are some bigger ones lurking. Lots of smaller ones from the camp ground up and down but as a long time fisher There are more as you head upstream. Things should be picking up soon as the females fill with eggs for spawn. They tend to get pretty aggressive.
Ken

Denadii Cho
08-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone,I am finally planning a trip up to Cataract creek for a day or so but can anyone give me directions where to park to go to Picklejar and Running Rain Lake. Maybe I will spend a couple days up there and if anyone would like to come let me know.I am not sure of the date yet but I will keep you posted.Cheers JODY

You get into Picklejar off the Highwood Pass highway. Number 40 Go through Longview and follow the 541 north to the Lantern Creek day use area. Picklejar is on the other side of the highway.

jts1
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Let me know when you go up there. Know where pickle jar is but never been up there. Spent a great day on cat creek with Gringo. Don't think he would mind if I took same route with you.

slingshotz
08-26-2009, 09:05 AM
I plan on trying Cataract at some point when time allows, it's close enough to the city that it's doable as an after work outing. Might even head there for a day on the long weekend. Hope reverse psychology works in that everyone will think that it'll be busy as hell and not go there, and I'll have the place to myself like I did on the Crowsnest last long weekend :D.

But I'll like to come on an outing if I can arrange the day too.

Tuc
08-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Check out out down creek from the campground....some nice fishing holes in there.