PDA

View Full Version : The grand forks...question

happyfisher
05-29-2021, 11:59 PM
I totally forgot it's the long weekend. I'm heading to the forks on Monday. Do any locals think I'll find a place to camp a night? I'm gunna get there Monday at noon...I've never been there so I don't know what to expect. Can I fish along the old man or do I have to fish on the "island) is there any other places to camp? Or just the island.

Ps... if there is another place to try...thats cool too. Don't need a secret spot...just a idea...PM me if you want....

Tnx all

Happy

happyfisher
05-30-2021, 06:32 AM
Ok...I have just been informed by a reliable source that last weekend was may long weekend. So I have nothing to worry about....

LOL

TROLLER
05-30-2021, 04:17 PM
Last I looked Grand Forks was in Idaho

Now Three Forks is located north of Grassy lake:)

pikergolf
05-30-2021, 04:25 PM

Three forks? That doesn't even make sense.

happyfisher
05-30-2021, 04:54 PM
Well I'm heading out tomorrow and camp a night....so...8 hope there is room for me. 3 forks or not!!!

I just don't know what to expect...but ill find out tomorrow!!!

Tnx

Happy

fordtruckin
05-30-2021, 10:59 PM

Do you mean Grand Forks North Dakota??? Grand Forks ID burned down to the ground in 1910...

StiksnStrings
05-31-2021, 06:45 AM
A friend from Lethbridge has referred to the confluence of the SSR and the Red Deer as the Grand Forks, perhaps there?

walleyechaser
05-31-2021, 06:49 AM

Heard it called the forks (usually this) or Grand forks, but never the three forks

happyfisher
06-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Well, I got back...I was skunked. Had some good bites...but lost them. My buddy did land one sturgeon...around 36 inches. And he caught 6 suckers. If you do decide to go out bring a rod that can cast FAR into the dirty water from the bow. 5 oz pyramid weight is needed ....noone else caught sturgeon there.....

Tnx all

Happy

TROLLER
06-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Heard it called the forks (usually this) or Grand forks, but never the three forks
n
All the years I was growing up and fishing in Taber we always called it the 3 forks.