PDA

View Full Version : Cold lake Lake Trout Survey.

-JR-
06-05-2021, 06:13 AM
Fish count survey for summer.
Jigging VS Down riggers.
Its all about lakers for me . Summer and winter, I've been doing it for 30 years I use a clicker to count my fish as fishing has gotten a lot better over the years
I will will get it started .

Two rods on down riggers .
5 hr morning trip average 25-35 Lakers
9 hr trip average 50 - 65 Lakers

Jigging .
Never tried yet it for many straight hrs .

58thecat
06-05-2021, 06:26 AM
Fish count survey for summer.
Jigging VS Down riggers.
Its all about lakers for me . Summer and winter, I've been doing it for 30 years I use a clicker to count my fish as fishing has gotten a lot better over the years
I will will get it started .

Two rods on down riggers .
5 hr morning trip average 25-35 Lakers
9 hr trip average 50 - 65 Lakers

Jigging .
Never tried yet it for many straight hrs .

Sounds about right for me too.....jigging for me is ice fishing for lakers or if I am in the kayak and want to eat a sammich....stick the rod in the rod holder and drop a TC Moto and let the wave start do the work:sHa_shakeshout:

-JR-
06-05-2021, 06:53 AM
Sounds about right for me too.....jigging for me is ice fishing for lakers or if I am in the kayak and want to eat a sammich....stick the rod in the rod holder and drop a TC Moto and let the wave start do the work:sHa_shakeshout:

So how many do you catch jigging in summer ?
Mine is zero

walleyechaser
06-05-2021, 11:38 AM
How many 20lb+ fish do you catch in cold lake?

-JR-
06-05-2021, 01:44 PM
How many 20lb+ fish do you catch in cold lake?

Survey is how many fish you get doing different methods.

Please do not high jack this post . Start a new one on size .

58thecat
06-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Mine is zero

Catch a few but really don’t put the time in as I prefer to troll in summer for lakers.
I do know a few that are dedicated to jogging and do really well at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58thecat
06-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Mine is zero

Catch a few but really don’t put the time in as I prefer to troll in summer for lakers.
I do know a few that are dedicated to jigging and do really well at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thorne
06-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Typical method for me is downrigging...and as mentioned 40-60is a day if we are going non stop....do try jigging as well if its a calm day and want to just relax and soak up some sun...definitely a huge reduction in fish per hour....like 15% of downrigging...but maybe Im doing it wrong...lol...have noticed however the hook up feels way more aggressive jigging..every fish feels like a 20lber! Until you get it close and ....well.....its not...

fish99
06-06-2021, 09:19 AM
90% caught jigging , but we spend most of our time jigging as it can be non stop action . with multiple hook ups .

Teamprotz
06-06-2021, 05:59 PM
Most days jigging accounts for more
and bigger fish.