PDA

View Full Version : LOTW from Alberta

Wes_G
06-07-2021, 09:13 PM
Similar to the Prince Rupert thread, I am supposed to be heading out to LOTW on the 23rd. Anybody been past the Sask border and had any issues through Manitoba and into Ontario? Yes I know essential travel, blah blah blah. I consider my mental health benefits from fishing as well as filling my freezer with as many species to bring home to eat as I can as being essential. Not to mention I am vaccinated, as well as the buddy I will be staying with.

Mr Flyguy
06-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Lotw...wtf???

jungleboy
06-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Lotw...wtf???

Lake of the woods.

Mr Flyguy
06-07-2021, 09:30 PM
So why not spell it out instead of text gaga?

pinelakeperch
06-07-2021, 10:09 PM
LOTW is a very well known acronym for Lake of the Woods. I prefer “heaven”, lol.

From what I know, you’re able to drive through Manitoba, but you can’t stop anywhere except to eat or refuel. I’ll be out there in August myself (well, Dowswell).

Talking moose
06-08-2021, 07:18 AM
wtf???

What’s that mean? Why not just spell it out?:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Quigley2000
06-08-2021, 07:35 AM

Well played haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom55
06-08-2021, 10:24 AM
A fellow angler told me recently that leeches are going for $60 U.S. per pound in Ontario. However, live minnows are allowed.

Free

Jigger
06-08-2021, 11:52 AM

LOL now that is funny!

Good luck at LOTW's

Frank_NK28
06-08-2021, 12:32 PM
A fellow angler told me recently that leeches are going for $60 U.S. per pound in Ontario. However, live minnows are allowed.

Free

Yes live minnows are allowed in Ontario and you can trap your own there as well. We never bought minnows when I lived in Ontario. There is no shortage of water to trap them in. MB is proposing eliminating live minnows and leeches both in their new fisheries proposals for 2022.

Poppa
06-08-2021, 02:22 PM
Mandatory 14 day quarantine once you've landed....and cops are at the Ontario border turning people back. Not even cottage owners from MB are allowed in. They're taking it very seriously, thankfully.

Salmo
06-08-2021, 04:22 PM
A friend drove from Manitoba into Ontario last week and barely talked his way in to see his mother for her 60th.

I was supposed to go over in a couple weeks, between the Ontario border and US (the owner of the cottage we rented is American and can't get across to open up) I'm pretty sure we aren't going.

It's all I've been looking forward since leaving last summer. I'm not pleased.

PS - if your haven't fished LOTW you owe it to yourself to try it.

Wes_G
06-08-2021, 06:29 PM
Mandatory 14 day quarantine once you've landed....and cops are at the Ontario border turning people back. Not even cottage owners from MB are allowed in. They're taking it very seriously, thankfully.

Is this hearsay or do you personally know people who have been turned around?

Frank_NK28
06-08-2021, 07:21 PM
Is this hearsay or do you personally know people who have been turned around?

Most of the guys I pm with on another forum say they are having few issues getting through daily for work or to go to their cottages......said most days the OPP aren't even stopping traffic, just watching it roll on by.

JareS
06-09-2021, 03:39 PM
Most of the guys I pm with on another forum say they are having few issues getting through daily for work or to go to their cottages......said most days the OPP aren't even stopping traffic, just watching it roll on by.

Buddy of mine has had no issues going from Sask to MB for work. No issues fishing for Cats after work either.

fallen1817
06-12-2021, 03:38 PM
Only shots we should be talking about in this sub forum is split shots or snapshots.

Regardless of for/against, Keep the vaxxing to the COVID thread and keep the rest of the threads on track, please.

deschambault
06-13-2021, 07:43 PM
Actually shots are what lets us chase what we love beyond our small borders. I just booked with Plummer's Lodge at Great Slave and I need proof of at least one shot to enter NWT. Get the shots folks and let's get back to normal.

JD848
06-13-2021, 09:42 PM
I tried and no luck, want to get my boat and they said no. So i made a call and waited 300 feet over heading west and the boat was brought to me by a friend in 45 minutes. I could have said i was going to work for some cottage and BS them, but they check things out sometimes and then you pay for the BS you told.

Kenora is full of Manitoba plates ,so i don't get it, West Hawk Lake is maybe a mile or less from the boarder in Manitoba and i never seen the place that full.

I know where i'm going and sure as hell isn't that way , lotsa good fishing near the Cranberry landing all around there. Bit of a drive,but worth it to avoid the party gangs..

. Some folks just don't get it ,do your bearings and check every thing out by some who knows if your not sure, seen 5 guys parked on the side of the road broke down .Plus carry an extra set of bearings and a 5 ton jack.

Besides that Lake of the woods has way to many people on it, the lake is being destroyed by Manitoban's and FN net fishing .

I thought 40 years ago it was over fished ,now the bio's are crying .There's lakes all over that area ,i don't see what the big deal is over Lake Of The Woods. Go another 150 miles and it's lake after lake with top notch fishing.

JD

Wes_G
06-13-2021, 09:52 PM
Yeah we fished a bunch of smaller lakes to the north and the Winnipeg river for Muskies last year, hardly anyone else out there in most places we fished. 3 of the days we were the only boats on the lakes we were one. The fishing was incredible.

JD848
06-13-2021, 10:45 PM
Yeah we fished a bunch of smaller lakes to the north and the Winnipeg river for Muskies last year, hardly anyone else out there in most places we fished. 3 of the days we were the only boats on the lakes we were one. The fishing was incredible.

If you go down try out clear water bay,lots of restrictions for hooks and bait, all catch and release but man is there some wicked lake trout in there.

JD

JD848
06-14-2021, 09:47 AM
Manitoba into Ontario opens up the 16th of JUNE in two more days.

JD

Wes_G
06-14-2021, 10:54 PM
Manitoba into Ontario opens up the 16th of JUNE in two more days.

JD

Yeah I just saw that, TRIP IS ON!!!

Not sure where we will end up this year, Bass and musky are our likely targets.