PDA

View Full Version : I received a rare fish mount in the mail!

Rikkles Fisher
06-09-2021, 09:54 AM
So the other day I got a very unique fish mount I the mail, I have only ever seen one other mount of this species in Alberta so I'm stoked to have one!
https://youtu.be/qtq1Oj_U3y4

AlbertanGP
06-09-2021, 09:58 AM
Grats on catching a golden trout. An awesome memory no doubt.

Rikkles Fisher
06-09-2021, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=AlbertanGP;4383060]Grats on catching a golden trout. An awesome memory no doubt.[/QUOTE
Thanks! Definitely memories IL hold onto for life!

Frank_NK28
06-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Very cool! Is that a mount of a fish you actually caught or is it just an idea you pitched at him for a mount. I have several replica mounts by Advanced Taxidermy but they are all fish I've caught and had reproductions made of from measurements, weights and nicely detailed pictures I've furnished. These are my most recent mounts...

Scott N
06-09-2021, 11:30 AM
That's nice mount... catching golden trout has been one of the highlights of my fishing career, I can understand why you'd want to display that on your wall.

Rikkles Fisher
06-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Very cool! Is that a mount of a fish you actually caught or is it just an idea you pitched at him for a mount. I have several replica mounts by Advanced Taxidermy but they are all fish I've caught and had reproductions made of from measurements, weights and nicely detailed pictures I've furnished. These are my most recent mounts...

It's not an exact replica, I have caught one of very similar size so that's good enough for me! I didn't ask for an exact replica. Wow those are nice mounts, well done!

Rikkles Fisher
06-09-2021, 11:52 AM
That's nice mount... catching golden trout has been one of the highlights of my fishing career, I can understand why you'd want to display that on your wall.

Same here man! I dream of the opportunity to hold one of those beauties every summer!

trigger7mm
06-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Not many people can say they have a golden trout mount. It’s the only Alberta gamefish that I have never caught. Thanks for sharing.

Rikkles Fisher
06-10-2021, 09:08 AM
Not many people can say they have a golden trout mount. It’s the only Alberta gamefish that I have never caught. Thanks for sharing.

That's what I thought! You gotta try fellow anger they are an amazing fish! And thanks for watching!