PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Vermilion area

promed557
06-15-2021, 10:01 PM
Hello, been a while since this has been asked. We are going to be camping out in Vermilion for about 2 wks, and looking for some lakes to fish in with in an hour to 90 min away. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Ron

bsmitty27
06-15-2021, 11:15 PM
Its been a while be kehiwin lake north of vermilion used to have lots of action.
Brad

Red Bullets
06-15-2021, 11:54 PM
Not sure of the lake's present status. It had good trout and perch fishing in the past. It's been a few years since I've been there. Half the lake is in Saskatchewan too so check the regs if you are boating.

140 km. SE of Vermillion is Dillberry lake and provincial park.

Red Bullets
06-16-2021, 12:31 AM
just to add that Dillberry has Tiger trout too.

There should be some good fishing in the North Saskatchewan river north of Vermillion too. Lots of varieties of fish to fish for.

promed557
06-16-2021, 12:51 AM
Thanks! I will look into those two locations!

CaveClown
06-16-2021, 02:37 AM
Hello, been a while since this has been asked. We are going to be camping out in Vermilion for about 2 wks, and looking for some lakes to fish in with in an hour to 90 min away. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Ron

Your best bet is hitting cold lake, as once your up there you got moose lake close by and a bunch of others, if you want to try for some trout, but have a limited area to fish for them you can try jackfish lake but then again you could just hit the trout pond right in vermilion.

If you plan to fish a river I would suggest heading down to Wainwright area and fishing the tressel bridge area (thanks to those who pointed me in that area). As I live in the Vermilion area I have fished all over the area and honestly the above is the best info I can give you.

All in all for the money (gas prices) I would say go up and enjoy cold lake for at least a few days. If you want let me know when your about and perhaps we can meet up at timmies and I can show you some spots or if you want to join me on an outing let me know.

mlee
06-16-2021, 06:34 AM
Lakes worth fishing in the area....
Stoney, Laurier, Kehiwin

Battle river pretty much anywhere.... water level is high but it's not chocolate milk.
NSR at myrnam elk point or lea park bridges. All accessible and fishable.