PDA

View Full Version : Minn kotta power drive v2

briangeorge
06-19-2021, 08:00 AM
Latley my Minn kota electric trolling motor has been giving me trouble with steering it. It turns left great with the remote but when pressing the remote to go right it some times does not respond. No low battery indicator and yes I repaired the remote to the motor.
If I need work done on it where in Edmonton is a good place to get it looked at.
Thanks.

Buckhead
06-19-2021, 11:03 AM
The “Reel Doctor” in Edmonton

EZM
06-19-2021, 12:50 PM
2 things to look at ...... and forgive me if they seem obvious ....

Check to see the cord isn't wound around the shaft preventing it from turning ...

Check to see the top collet (on the shaft head) drops down and properly engages into the bottom collet on the base of the unit ...

If those two things are Ok then I'd say take it in ..... it may be a simple connection or switch that needs replacing.

briangeorge
06-21-2021, 07:25 AM
Thanks EZM. I had forgot about the collars not being engaged but I think my biggest problem is I did not know if you hold down a steering arrow for more than 6-8 seconds it automatically stops the turning motor as a safety feature for the power cord wrapping around the head of the unit.
I never knew this till I read it in the manual. Had the unit since 2015 and did not know that LOL.