PDA

View Full Version : Fun Digital Tournament with my Bud Robin!

Drewski Canuck
06-21-2021, 10:53 AM
So Robin talked me into fishing Calling on Saturday on the Digital tournament. Second fish of the day was 27" so we thought this was going to be a slam dunk!

We turned easily 120 fish and added 2 x 24" and a 22.5" for our 4 fish.

We lost some gear and had to take some time to rescue a boat full of people with a dead engine, and had to endure some big pike, but we simply could not crack another 27" fish!!

Robin had to endure some of my endless swearing but all in all a very good time!!!

Hats off to the #1 & 2 teams at Newell! They have a quality fishery down there!

To the guys on the Sask who caught the Sturgeon, that deserves an honourable mention!

Drewski

We

CptnBlues63
06-21-2021, 01:01 PM
So Robin talked me into fishing Calling on Saturday on the Digital tournament. Second fish of the day was 27" so we thought this was going to be a slam dunk!

We turned easily 120 fish and added 2 x 24" and a 22.5" for our 4 fish.

We lost some gear and had to take some time to rescue a boat full of people with a dead engine, and had to endure some big pike, but we simply could not crack another 27" fish!!

Robin had to endure some of my endless swearing but all in all a very good time!!!

Hats off to the #1 & 2 teams at Newell! They have a quality fishery down there!

To the guys on the Sask who caught the Sturgeon, that deserves an honourable mention!

Drewski

Nicely done! Sounds like a good time.

Wes_G
06-21-2021, 11:17 PM
We were up at 4:30 to have our lines in the water for 5:16 sunrise. It was already pretty breezy at 5am. We had the majority of our fish that mattered in the boat in the first 2 hours which was great because by 9:3o it was so windy the lake was unfishable for us. We saw one of the other boats on Newell go in before us and I assume they did not come back out later even though they should have. The other boat we saw go north so they must have found a place to fish that was a little calmer. At check in we were sitting in the campground eating breakfast. We put it on foot patrol after that and got a decent pike and 1 walleye but it calmed back down enough for us to head out for the afternoon at around 12:30, which was great because we were able to upgrade one of our smaller fish to 28", otherwise the second place team would have beaten us by 1/4". First was Newell, and second was Lac La Biche.

This was the second year we have participated and this year just decided to camp there so we didn't have to be up at 3am to make the drive to the lake and definitely don't regret it. We had a great 4 days out there but our biggest fish definitely came on tournament day!

Hope this happens again next year because we're in!!