PDA

View Full Version : Aug 31-Sept 4, 2021 salmon fishing adventure

Sundancefisher
06-27-2021, 10:50 AM
The trip I’m in for Aug 31-Sept 4, 2021 has some space.

5 days, 4 nights. Price includes jet, helicopter flights to lodge. All boats, meals, guides and more.

Tournament package included with chance to win a free trip.

Fishing for salmon, lingcod, rockfish, halibut. I want to try and catch more pacific cod this year. Also try and catch a few new species.

I really want to catch a sablefish.

Just a bunch of guys fishing together for years. Lodge is booked and we have a very good price.

If interested please PM me with an email address and I will send you the details. This is a luxury lodge and a fantastic experience for the price. Very value added.
:character0053::character0053::character0053:

Jim Blake
06-27-2021, 10:53 AM
Langara...absolutely nothing finer!!!

Sundancefisher
06-27-2021, 11:50 AM
Langara...absolutely nothing finer!!!

Best location around. Pretty much most salmon swim past Langara. Bottom fishing is awesome.

Some times I just randomly drop down and see what’s there.

Positrac
06-27-2021, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a great time SF! It’s a bit late for big Springs as most will be heading home by then but you should start seeing some good sized Coho. A 15-20lb Northern on light gear is where it’s at! I like the later trips because a guy spends more time looking for other species than just targeting Tyees. The bottom fishing is always good so you should clean up. The waters can also be flat calm at that time of year.

Be sure to post lots of pics when you get back.

Sundancefisher
06-27-2021, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a great time SF! It’s a bit late for big Springs as most will be heading home by then but you should start seeing some good sized Coho. A 15-20lb Northern on light gear is where it’s at! I like the later trips because a guy spends more time looking for other species than just targeting Tyees. The bottom fishing is always good so you should clean up. The waters can also be flat calm at that time of year.

Be sure to post lots of pics when you get back.

Actually chinooks move through from Apr thru Nov. This Trip has always been good fornChinooks with a great chance of hitting the Northern Cohos.
This is our 15th year so we know the water. Loads of fun.

Positrac
06-27-2021, 06:48 PM
Actually chinooks move through from Apr thru Nov. This Trip has always been good fornChinooks with a great chance of hitting the Northern Cohos.

For sure but I’m sure you would agree that your odds of getting a big spawner start to go down after the middle of August. I’d agree the fishing can be fantastic at that time and I’ve always found there is less chance of the daily westerlies coming up.

Badback
06-27-2021, 08:04 PM
I did the Sept Langara trip with Sundancefisher a few years ago. Limited out on all the salmon species, halibut, sole with my biggest chinook weighing 39 lbs also caught and released a 55lb ling cod. The lodge is fantastic with gourmet chefs from Europe which make unbelievable meals. Since the lodge is built on barges sometimes the Orcas will put on a show just outside of the dining room windows. It was the ultimate fishing trip experience.

Positrac
06-27-2021, 08:19 PM
I’ve fished up and down the coast the last 40 years and I’ve never had much luck for big Smilies after the first of Sept short of fishing close to estuaries for returning fish. Sounds like you guys are in a great spot. Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative because that’s not the way it was meant. If I wasn’t heading to Hardy for the end of July or bow hunting for a bull moose the end of August I’d be very much interested in the trip. I was born in the Charlottes so it would be great to get back for another trip.

Cheers and tight lines…

Sundancefisher
06-27-2021, 09:08 PM
I’ve fished up and down the coast the last 40 years and I’ve never had much luck for big Smilies after the first of Sept short of fishing close to estuaries for returning fish. Sounds like you guys are in a great spot. Sorry if it sounded like I was being negative because that’s not the way it was meant. If I wasn’t heading to Hardy for the end of July or bow hunting for a bull moose the end of August I’d be very much interested in the trip. I was born in the Charlottes so it would be great to get back for another trip.

Cheers and tight lines…
No worries

Every year I’ve limited out on chinooks with some big runs every 4 years. One year was epic. There are slower years for sure. Usually find the chinooks on the bottom in 110 to 200 feet of water. Up there there are dozens of places to fish so if it’s slow I explore but always hit the peak tide bite. If the Chinook are there the bites awesome. If not we move. Offshore drift can be awesome.

Happy to have you out in 2022.

Sundancefisher
06-27-2021, 09:12 PM
I did the Sept Langara trip with Sundancefisher a few years ago. Limited out on all the salmon species, halibut, sole with my biggest chinook weighing 39 lbs also caught and released a 55lb ling cod. The lodge is fantastic with gourmet chefs from Europe which make unbelievable meals. Since the lodge is built on barges sometimes the Orcas will put on a show just outside of the dining room windows. It was the ultimate fishing trip experience.

The whales are bonus for sure.

One year I saw a couple minkes... then some greys... on top of about 30 orcas, 20 humpbacks and 12 fins.

My buddy Paul had a humpback whale up to the boat on 25 lb test. A world record lost when it got away. Even got video.

https://youtu.be/UOSstJx2Gxw

Scott h
06-27-2021, 09:23 PM

There will definitely be chinook around, but coho will be the darlings at this time of year. Late in August it seems that we end up seeing more BIG coho schooling, hunting bait balls, and end up picking more up on the surface. It's enough to bring a big smile to your face. We'll be out there during that time filling the freezer with some much needed protein.
This is our 23rd year!!

Sundancefisher
06-27-2021, 09:44 PM
There will definitely be chinook around, but coho will be the darlings at this time of year. Late in August it seems that we end up seeing more BIG coho schooling, hunting bait balls, and end up picking more up on the surface. It's enough to bring a big smile to your face. We'll be out there during that time filling the freezer with some much needed protein.
This is our 23rd year!!

I’ve had phenomenal fun with northern cohos in this trip. Once found a pile in a bay in 50 feet of water. Fly casting a clouser on an 8 weight. What a dream.

35 whelen
07-18-2021, 03:42 PM
Wow this is something I've been thinking about for a lot of years finally can afford to do it hopefully you can get me in:)

Ken07AOVette
07-18-2021, 05:22 PM
The trip I’m in for Aug 31-Sept 4, 2021 has some space.

5 days, 4 nights. Price includes jet, helicopter flights to lodge. All boats, meals, guides and more.

Tournament package included with chance to win a free trip.

Fishing for salmon, lingcod, rockfish, halibut. I want to try and catch more pacific cod this year. Also try and catch a few new species.

I really want to catch a sablefish.

Just a bunch of guys fishing together for years. Lodge is booked and we have a very good price.

If interested please PM me with an email address and I will send you the details. This is a luxury lodge and a fantastic experience for the price. Very value added.
:character0053::character0053::character0053:

Why sablefish? We caught countless dozens of the useless things last year

Sundancefisher
07-18-2021, 09:35 PM
Why sablefish? We caught countless dozens of the useless things last year

Little ones? The big ones live very deep and are a highly sought after food fish.

Ken07AOVette
07-19-2021, 09:48 AM
Little ones? The big ones live very deep and are a highly sought after food fish.

Yes, schools of them. Real pain in the butt.

It is interesting, 2 years ago sable, last year pinks, this year sea perch were schooled up.

The ocean is a very interesting place to spend time.

How deep? Like a 1000m heavy drop?