PDA

View Full Version : Pi-yak-eyes

58thecat
06-29-2021, 12:40 PM
A few hours of yak fishing in my secret or not so secret hole produced a total of 10 eyes and 12 pike....was there a few weeks ago and nothing but then I listened to the chat around these neck of the woods and decided to see what was up...well the paddle over was worth it....a white jig head with a green tail and yup a minnow too seemed to do the trick ohh and thx to the fella who pulled up in his big lund and gave me the room to still fish like 50 yards much appreciated...still good people out there:sHa_shakeshout:

never realized how hot it was until on shore loading up.....holy crap!

Red Bullets
06-30-2021, 10:38 PM
Nice to get out for a tug. During this heat be sure to cover the back of your neck when you are out. Heat stroke and sun stroke will get you from the back of the neck. Wear a thin white 'veil' or cloth under the back of your hat. The sun's reflection on the water will get you sunburned even quicker.
In a boat I usually wear a thin white long sleeved dress shirt in really hot weather too.

58thecat
07-01-2021, 06:29 AM
I hear ya on that one....I am one of those odd balls that just with sunscreen on, lots of water and a sammich I am good to go....the hat is key...wide brim and it comes off and is lake soaked for a very refreshing cool off.....:)

Yesterday was the same thing lots of fish, hot, hot, hot with a stiff breeze made it very comfortable and of course the goofy hat was a blessing too:sHa_shakeshout:

fallen1817
07-03-2021, 05:04 PM
Nice to get out for a tug. During this heat be sure to cover the back of your neck when you are out. Heat stroke and sun stroke will get you from the back of the neck. Wear a thin white 'veil' or cloth under the back of your hat. The sun's reflection on the water will get you sunburned even quicker.
In a boat I usually wear a thin white long sleeved dress shirt in really hot weather too.

When fishing, Presentation is key :)

OL_JR
07-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Nice fish!