PDA

View Full Version : Walleye info?

Tcurls
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I just bought a boat a few weeks back, got a great deal on an 86 blue fin, it's an aluminum with a really deep v hull, 16.5' with a 75 mariner. Great boat for what I do and the price was right so I don't feel bad about leaving it in the garage if I don't have the time. Anyway I tried her out back home on Duncairn Damn south of Swift Current a couple of weekends back and we had a great time realing in walleye. Limited out Friday and Saturday with 2-3lbs fish, great eating, and now I want to find a spot closer to langdon where I live. I was planning on hitting Travers on Saturday but it sounds like things have cooled off there any word? Is it still worth giving her a shot? Let me know and also fill me in on other good walleye holes in southern Alberta if you can.

jesse34567
08-27-2009, 03:14 PM
there's always a chance you well land a big walleye at travers

one tip is to fish deeper then normal say 25-30 ft range or when ever you start marking fish.

Other lake's include

-McGregor lake
-Pine coulee reservoir
-Lake newell

there are many other's that you well find if you look into your Alberta fishing regs book.

splitflame
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Eagle Lake
Crawling Valley Res

Wood1
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I got mine last year, yours similar to this?
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/Woodjd/boating029.jpg

vault
08-27-2009, 10:33 PM
yep, Travers is good.
I was at Pine Coulee a couple days ago and today(27th) and walleye fishing is like catching perch! I couldn't keep them off the line. What a great day! One thing, Pine Coulee is catch and release only for walleye.
I have heard that Eagle lake (East of Strathmore) has walleye. Never fished it really though, so no info on that one.

nicemustang
08-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Eagle lake is a slough basically, shallow and weedy. IMO, avoid wasting your time.