PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Creek Browns

1/2 oz Bucktail
08-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Does anyone out there have experience with fishing Jarvis Creek for Browns?

I have heard that there is a weir on the downstream end of Gregg Lake so I am curious if any browns would be located downstream of Gregg, or if they are mostly found upstream of Gregg.

Is there anyone out there willing to point a guy in the right direction? I would like to know is if I should start looking for the browns upstream or downstream of Gregg.

lambski
08-27-2009, 11:24 PM
You need to talk to trout pirate. I heard every once and a while a big one comes out of gregg lake

mikeym
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
it's been a few years since i fished Jarvis creek, but there were browns all the way down to where it joins the Wildhay. also Rainbows, and rockies.

very fun little creek to walk.

Rgds
Mike

1/2 oz Bucktail
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Alrighty, thanks for the tips guys.

troutpirate
08-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Does anyone out there have experience with fishing Jarvis Creek for Browns?

I have heard that there is a weir on the downstream end of Gregg Lake so I am curious if any browns would be located downstream of Gregg, or if they are mostly found upstream of Gregg.

Is there anyone out there willing to point a guy in the right direction? I would like to know is if I should start looking for the browns upstream or downstream of Gregg.

all the recent stocking has been between gregg and cache lakes. the recent low water years have been hard on this stretch though. there is a small weir at the end of gregg lake where i once took a great photo of my fishing rod and a 31" brown. their are some reproducing browns between that weir and the wildhay but you will have to earn them. as the water is crystal clear and lazy with lots of excellent holding water per mile but very few browns per mile.

good luck:)

The Fish King
08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
i have also fished the stretch below gregg lake many times and have seen a few browns. Not little ones either. Saw the biggest brown of my life on this little creek

troutpirate
08-28-2009, 08:31 PM
i have also fished the stretch below gregg lake many times and have seen a few browns. Not little ones either. Saw the biggest brown of my life on this little creek

my two biggest browns, from flowing water that is, are from this creek.

The Fish King
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
i believe it! i saw some 30 inchers eyein up some grasshoppers in some beaver ponds along the road that runs north of gregg lake. (wilday forest cabin road perhaps?)