PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys like fish?

Macdrizzle
07-14-2021, 11:31 PM
Hey guys, my girlfriend saw me browsing on this forum a couple of times and she wanted me to ask everyone if y’all like fish. Do y’all have discussions about fish?

58thecat
07-15-2021, 06:47 AM
Many times....that and anything hunting and shooting related....or outdoor activities too..

Bushmaster
07-15-2021, 06:58 AM
Yeah, we do !!

https://i.imgur.com/pi8acdz.jpg

Outbound
07-15-2021, 07:57 AM
"Fishing is for sport only. Fish meat is practically a vegetable" - Ron Swanson.

I concur. That said, I do keep a few fish every year since my wife likes to eat them. She also like salads though so there's that...

As for fish themselves, I think they're really cool critters.

fordtruckin
07-15-2021, 03:51 PM
I like pike walleye halibut cod and king salmon. Other than that I’m not a huge fan of fish. I’ll eat it but definitely have a preference to those 5!

Marty S
07-15-2021, 05:15 PM
Dont believe them. Everybody here hates fish

We all prefer dawg

curtz
07-15-2021, 05:40 PM
Yup, love salmon, smoked white fish and of course walleye.

Kings
07-15-2021, 05:40 PM
Most of us like the fish very much that we visit them at the lakes, rivers, reservoirs even ponds at least once a week like our family. We don't care whether it is melting hot, gusty wind or bone chilling cold. We contact them through a line and hook and if they willing to come with us we even take them a few home.
Cheers

deschambault
07-15-2021, 08:50 PM
I like fish but am worried that they don't like me. No matter how many times I pet them or even kiss their heads, they just splash water at me with their tails when I let them go. Not even a goodbye or see you later from any of them.

Ken07AOVette
07-16-2021, 09:21 AM
We love fish. So much so that I bought a big boat just to go get them.

It is a 23 hour drive 1 way to bring home a few fish. While I am there I do nothing else, if I am not fishing on the boat I am sleeping on it or fixing something getting ready to get another fish.

We added another species this year to the 'fish we love to eat' list; ocean perch.

According to my fishing buddy they are hands down the best fish he and his family has ever had. He brought home 6 and wished it was 16.

Our harvest from there includes spring and coho salmon, ling cod, herring, hailbut, rock cod, pacific cod, flounder, sole, various species of prawns and crab.

I have yet to find a fish from the ocean that I have not enjoyed eating.

walleye guy
07-16-2021, 09:58 AM
Yes I like to fish and eat fish.once you take up the hobby you can eat some of the most expensive fish ever.

Ken07AOVette
07-16-2021, 10:22 AM
Yes I like to fish and eat fish.once you take up the hobby you can eat some of the most expensive fish ever.

Exactly! 125 lbs of halibut in the ice box is just awesome!

StiksnStrings
07-16-2021, 12:02 PM
Why yes I do like to fish and I do like fish, so much so that I regularly invite them over for dinner.

Red Bullets
07-18-2021, 11:02 AM
I love the way fish wiggle down my throat. If god didn't want us, and many other creatures, to eat them he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
I compare fresh fish to the air we breathe... vital to life.

lmtada
07-18-2021, 11:44 AM
Yes. We eat fish 3x week. Walleye (caught or store bought), pike (somewhat), coho, sockeye salmon yes, steelhead you bet, tuna 🍣 Mmm, halibut Mmm, cod Mmm, shark occasionally, trout Mmm, Mahi Mahi Mmm, kelp Mmm, sea cucumber 🥒 nope.

urban rednek
07-18-2021, 03:23 PM

Those with the most invested in the hobby won't get it. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Catman1
07-22-2021, 07:55 PM
I love fishing …… but never ever keep a fish. For me and my wife it’s just about getting out. Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elchinodiablo
07-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Hahhahaaha

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

KegRiver
07-27-2021, 03:47 PM
I've never found a fish I would not eat, providing of course it's legal and big enough to be worth the effort.

Locally I like Pike, Walleye, Perch, Goldeye, Suckers, and Burbot

I don't care for Trout at least not the one's I catch around here, or Chub. But I have eaten both.

Of the fish I have caught in the ocean, I like Rockfish, Sole, Lingcod, cod and Halibut. I don't mind Salmon but have not caught many so not sure if one type is better then another.

Hooked a 200 + pound Halibut the last time out, but I was using a light rod at the time fishing for Rock Fish and couldn't stop it the first time it ran.

We estimated the weight from the length. The thing was well over six feet long. It was longer then our landing net with a six foot handle.

I've made three trips to the coast and each time we had boat trouble so didn't get to do much fishing. There are lots of species I'd like to try but haven't had the chance.

We did catch our limit of Dungeness Crab and Prawn on all three trips.. They are great eating.

So do I have discussion about fish. Yes.