PDA

View Full Version : Cold lake lodging

Elchinodiablo
07-19-2021, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, I was hoping to pull my boat up to Cold Lake for a week but was wondering if there is any good accomadations to stay at where I can park my boat at night and charge. Heard there was a cabin place but it seems fully booked. Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

SamSteele
07-19-2021, 11:58 AM
Check out Hamilton House. They are just south of French Bay. Bed & Breakfast place. Super nice folks!

Weavster
07-20-2021, 08:50 AM
As mentioned above the Hamilton House is wicked as well as Evergreen Birch Lodge. Those are my two recommendations if your looking for somewhere!

Elchinodiablo
07-20-2021, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys. I will check them out.

-JR-
07-20-2021, 12:55 PM
pm sent

Byron
07-20-2021, 01:20 PM
Evergreen Birch Lodge is awesome!

Kim has a tackle hop on site with everything you need

35 whelen
07-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Stayed at Evergreen many times very nice place very accommodating but I think the other place is on the lake which would be even nicer

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

58thecat
07-20-2021, 03:45 PM
Stayed at Evergreen many times very nice place very accommodating but I think the other place is on the lake which would be even nicer

Hamilton house is by cherry grove I think your referring to bay wood which has water access
To long bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 whelen
07-20-2021, 03:50 PM
Hamilton house is by cherry grove I think your referring to bay wood which has water access
To long bay

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOkay sorry I thought Hamilton house was on the lake

wildalberta
07-20-2021, 05:52 PM
hamilton house is on the end of long bay. Its a bit of a long sketchy run into the main lake and if you might have a fun time getting across the sand bar in a bigger craft. they do have their own boat launch.

58thecat
07-20-2021, 05:59 PM
hamilton house is on the end of long bay. Its a bit of a long sketchy run into the main lake and if you might have a fun time getting across the sand bar in a bigger craft. they do have their own boat launch.

Unless he has purchased tracks for
His vessel yup it’s a long sketchy run….

You got Baywood mixed up with Hamilton house which is located close
To Cherry Grove….

CBintheNorth
07-20-2021, 06:37 PM
Unless he has purchased tracks for
His vessel yup it’s a long sketchy run….

You got Baywood mixed up with Hamilton house which is located close
To Cherry Grove….

Exactly.
Hamilton House is actually in Cherry Grove, 1/4 mile north of 55 and straight south of French Bay. They've got the B&B as well as 4 really nice powered camp sites.

Baywood is across the road from Long Bay, near the Provincial Park.
I think the B&B got shut down but they still have the crowded camp sites on the top of the bare ass hill.

Did my bias come out in that last remark?:)

58thecat
07-20-2021, 06:49 PM
Exactly.
Hamilton House is actually in Cherry Grove, 1/4 mile north of 55 and straight south of French Bay. They've got the B&B as well as 4 really nice powered camp sites.

Baywood is across the road from Long Bay, near the Provincial Park.
I think the B&B got shut down but they still have the crowded camp sites on the top of the bare ass hill.

Did my bias come out in that last remark?:)

And some really nice cabins nestled in the tree’s too

Places around here are busy which is good for the area.

CBintheNorth
07-20-2021, 10:52 PM
And some really nice cabins nestled in the tree’s too

Places around here are busy which is good for the area.

Baywood has cabins? Had no idea.
Or are you talking about the one you have to canoe to at Hamiltons?
Is it correct that Baywood B&B shut down? I was pretty sure, but figured you might know.

58thecat
07-21-2021, 07:02 AM
Baywood has cabins? Had no idea.
Or are you talking about the one you have to canoe to at Hamiltons?
Is it correct that Baywood B&B shut down? I was pretty sure, but figured you might know.

Heard the B&B was closed but across the road further north from the campsites tucked amongst the trees are some beauty cabins....

http://www.baywoodparkcoldlake.com/

-JR-
07-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Heard the B&B was closed but across the road further north from the campsites tucked amongst the trees are some beauty cabins....

http://www.baywoodparkcoldlake.com/

Great place to stay, including there campgrounds comes with private boat launch into long bay

Duke74
07-21-2021, 11:49 AM
Baywood does have cabins, I know because I wired them. The owner and his son are pretty good guys too.

58thecat
07-21-2021, 04:30 PM
Baywood does have cabins, I know because I wired them. The owner and his son are pretty good guys too.

That explains why when you flush the toilet the lights flicker…..haha

Duke74
07-21-2021, 07:18 PM
Lol everyone’s a comedian 😆

Elchinodiablo
08-13-2021, 12:46 PM
As mentioned above the Hamilton House is wicked as well as Evergreen Birch Lodge. Those are my two recommendations if your looking for somewhere!Thanks for the recommendations at Evergreen Birch. Bev is awesome and the place was perfect. Stupid wind at least stopped for one beautiful day of fishing. Kim at Anglers Bait and Tackle was awesome. Thanks for the tips Kim!! I would highly recommend this place for any fisherman.

58thecat
08-14-2021, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the recommendations at Evergreen Birch. Bev is awesome and the place was perfect. Stupid wind at least stopped for one beautiful day of fishing. Kim at Anglers Bait and Tackle was awesome. Thanks for the tips Kim!! I would highly recommend this place for any fisherman.

Always my first recommendation and Kim is the go to fella to ask what’s up on the lake.

Too bad the winds were so bad but you got one day out on the water.....how was the bite?

Elchinodiablo
08-14-2021, 11:49 AM
Our one day out was pretty good. We got 13. Biggest was only 26.5 but what a fun day and memories made. They seemed to be active in the 60 to 65 ft range. The niece loved it getting her first. We will be back!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210814/fa3ed2f83b81646e6317d87de74dec19.jpg