PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for fishing the Belly River near standoff?

fisher69
07-29-2021, 08:08 PM
I'm going to be camping by the belly river this weekend at good spirit acres and was planning on doing a lot of fishing. does anyone have any tips for fishing this river? if i'm reading the regulations and map right I believe it it the downstream of highway 800 portion I'll be in, and it only lists whitefish and trout. I thought I heard that there was pike and walleye there too but I'm not sure. I was just going to bring my ultra lite rod and use small spinners and spoons with a bobber when needed. I usually don't have much success in rivers, the closest I got was a bite from presumably a pike in the oldman in lethbridge.

Also if anyone knows a good site to lookup river maps for fishing it would be appreciated, I sometimes find it hard to know what section of the river the different parts are referring to.

Thanks

SwampDonkey
07-30-2021, 11:12 AM
Hi,
I have spent time at that camp, my brother has a place there. Spinners and spoons will work, there are definitely big pike in there. I have had great success with trout and whitefish bottom bouncing nymphs. Not the kind of place that you will catch all day but should get into a couple over the weekend. Remember to fish early and late - too hot to be stressing the fish mid day. Have Fun!

fisher69
07-30-2021, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna kick up some nymphs and maybe some of those clear bubble bobbers, I heard those are supposed to help when fishing flies on a spinning rod.

Do you know of any good spots there? Last year I was there and went up and down a section but didn't get any bites all morning

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk