PDA

View Full Version : kids fishing tomorrow

jinx
08-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I want to take my kids out fishing tomorrow. Is there a spot u can recommend that they might catch something so far they have only caught 1 fish each this year. i live in Calgary and am not the best at fishing.
I am willing to drive 1 - 2 hrs and will be fishing from shore
Any spots (i don't expected your secrete spots) or tips what to use would be appreciated.

thanks Jinx :wave:

baitfisher83
08-28-2009, 10:02 PM
pine coulee reservoir.....

Beazer
08-28-2009, 10:03 PM
PCR off the docks.
Search PCR and you'll find lotsa info.
Just West of Stavely.

jinx
08-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Never been there but i was thinking of going there.:) so i guess that's where i will go :)
Please let me me know what to use and what works for you

herring from superstore
well, havent had a huge amount of luck with thepike, but you could try a sardine off the dock with one hook through the midsection and a stinger hook through the tail, i lost a big one by only using a single hook before. walleye like smelts...or jigs......on a green/yellow jig head
Anything else to use???

Oh ya i fish baitcist flyyfish.and spin and open reel for the kid

anybody else goin?

jinx:wave:

star77
08-29-2009, 07:30 AM
you dont need to do fly fishing there as u said u taking kids there so off the dock and use white or pink jig head put little pice of smelt on it and u will be busy helping them puting fish back in to water as u know its C/R only for eyes but u if get hooked to pike and keeper u can keep if u want

make sure take lots semlts or minnows or you will run out of bait fihes there want more........:lol:

DarkAisling
08-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I want to take my kids out fishing tomorrow. Is there a spot u can recommend that they might catch something so far they have only caught 1 fish each this year. i live in Calgary and am not the best at fishing.
I am willing to drive 1 - 2 hrs and will be fishing from shore
Any spots (i don't expected your secrete spots) or tips what to use would be appreciated.

thanks Jinx :wave:

Based on the time you posted this, I can't figure out when "tomorrow" is. Are you going out Saturday or Sunday?

Baitfisher and I will be heading out on Sunday. We haven't totally decided where we're going yet. Might try Inverlake and then PCR.

jinx
08-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Went out today to PCR. Between me the hubby and kids we caught 14 walleye. The dock was too crowded so we went to the bridge.
What a beautiful day!!!!!
Thanks for the tips. :) They are very much appreciated. Even my kids said to say thanks for telling me about this spot

:wave: jinx

WayneChristie
08-29-2009, 10:53 PM
if you can make it out on a weekday you will have lots of room on the dock. glad the kids had fun and caught fish, best way to start a new generation of fisherpeople!