PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley Question to Kayaker's

Stella
08-08-2021, 01:57 PM
Hello,
Question for people who fish Crawling Valley with a kayak. Do you launch your Kayak at the campground or somewhere else? Since there are so many access points to this lake you can pretty much access from anywhere.

roper1
08-08-2021, 02:05 PM
You could cross the dam to the east side. There are some sheltered bays over there we've pulled some lunkers out of. More protection if a storm brews up.

Stella
08-08-2021, 02:12 PM
You could cross the dam to the east side. There are some sheltered bays over there we've pulled some lunkers out of. More protection if a storm brews up.

Thats what i wanted to do, but i have heard you are not allowed to launch at the dams. Any truth to this??

roper1
08-08-2021, 02:52 PM
I've seen inflatables launch over there, but have no idea if they aren't allowed by the rules?? EID website any help ? My guess would be no fault/no foul but don't want to get you in trouble

barbless
08-08-2021, 03:33 PM

Not sure as been said by others but if you don't launch off the dam, can't see much of a problem. There is a vid someone posted a while ago of two of them kayak fishing in between the islands and had a pretty good day. Sheltered from big winds for sure. Try EID (Eastern Irrigation District) for some info. Don't think it will help though. We use to put my 12 ft aluminum at the north end by hand many years ago and never had a problem. Let us know how it goes if and when you decide to go for it

pikergolf
08-08-2021, 06:33 PM
https://www.eid.ca/ais.html

First paragraph on the page.

barbless
08-09-2021, 09:30 AM
https://www.eid.ca/ais.html

First paragraph on the page.
So as long as you check in at the campground office and sign the paper and get your sticker you can put in on east side of lake. Just don't trespass on some land. Never been in there but I hear if you know your way your can take a bigger powered boat slowly thru.

barbless
08-09-2021, 10:10 AM
Just wondering cause have not been out in a months time. Is the water level going down? Will be back for a week in 2 weeks. Just wanna know cause I'm going to the north west end. I've seen it as shallow as 6 ft before going west. Wish I had the capability of mapping the depth and crazy contours of the lake for others so they can stay away from shallow parts, sand bars and rocks (boulders) that just appear. Way points for those hazards