PDA

View Full Version : Cold lake marina is a sh*t show...

Sparkle
08-15-2021, 07:42 AM
Yesterday, docked at the marina in our pontoon boat, waiting to load up . We witnessed the biggest a** wipe on earth trying to bully a guy at the boat launch. There was a guy in what looked to be a brand new Crestliner Fish Hawk. The thing just sparkled . We watched him walk up the dock to go get his trailer as his buddy was holding the boat for him. They were first in line to load up as other boats were docking behind him. Low and behold out of no where this rough looking Maxum docks in front of the Crestliner. The guy drops his wife and kids off leaving them to hold the boat at the dock. By that time the owner of the Crestliner had returned with his trailer. He realized immediately there was a boat blocking him . He backed up to the launch as to get everything ready. Got out of his Jeep walked down the dock and we could hear him talk to the lady that was holding the Maxum . The guy politely said to her are you going in or out. She sounded super nice saying were going out. It was the first time this year we are using the boat ,as her husband owned a boat shop. He was too busy working. About ten minutes later her husband shows up who obviously had parked his trailer.
The guy doddles around for 15 more minutes at the launch finally coming to his boat. Says something to his wife and walks away. Buddy with the Crestliner follows the guy and you could see them talking. The guy with the maxum started acting like a jerk. You could see how aggressive he became towards the Crestliner guy. All three of us were ready to jump off the boat to help the Crestlier guy as he was no were the size of the other guy. Well Ill tell when we got closer to them we noticed the Crestliner guy had arms like tree trunks. He was no push over. The Maxum guy after making a scene finally moved his boat out of the way. I ask, why would you do that to someone ? Especially in front of your wife and kids. And you own a boat shop!!!!!!!!!!! Really !!!!!!!!!!!!
Your lucky that guy didn't rip you apart and was nice about things. You were in the wrong parking in front of him. Plus the Maxum guy made everyone on the launch just sit there and wait. Got to tell you If it was me that happened to. I probably would of spent a night in jail.

CBintheNorth
08-15-2021, 08:37 AM
It was WAY better when the 3 young ladies worked there. They had no problem telling people where they needed to be and who needed to get out of whose way.
I even saw them back people's trailer up for them a couple times.

The people running the show now, and the three guys that pretend to work there, are absolutely useless. Some days it's like they enjoy the **** show.

SNAPFisher
08-16-2021, 08:28 AM
Yeah Sparkle. I probably would have gotten in trouble myself. I've had some choice words for others that have done the same to me. Hopefully Maxum guy learned something...doubt it. Sounds like a 100% jerk - feel sorry for the wife and kids that have to put up with him all the time.

barbless
08-16-2021, 11:15 AM
I guess some figure they are more entitled and privileged than others. It also won't matter if it is posted at the launch or given in an information pamphlet some figure they can do what they want and when they want. I figure cause the guy had a boat shop he could always be first in line. Should find out which shop and post an awesome review. Good to hear the other guy was nice and calm about it all.

barbless
08-16-2021, 11:21 AM
I like watching boat launch fails and stupid antics on you tube. Some of the stupid crap that goes on makes you scratch your head and wonder. REALLY ?????????

patrol1957
08-16-2021, 12:06 PM
reminds me of a blast from the past at beaver lake late 80s what a **** show that was. I guessing it happens every where

barbless
08-16-2021, 12:50 PM
I can unload and load my boat up by myself faster than most can with 2 or more people. Providing the launch is descent and the wind cooperates LOL. That is also using my motor home. I will sit back and wait for the hurry ups and watch. Most know enter and exit the water etiquette. Some not so much and have to be educated. :love0025:

58thecat
08-17-2021, 06:47 AM
In any situation that goes wonky just look at the key factors contributing....people....some are nice and some not so....the good ones still out weigh the bad ones but the bad ones stand out only if you dwell on them:)

Hope all had a great day in a Great Lake.:sHa_shakeshout:

Albertadiver
08-23-2021, 01:36 PM
This just in.... (afternoon of August 23)

#ColdLake RCMP responded to a report of a male allegedly walking with a firearm on Range Road 4 near a business, in the #ElizabethMetisSettlement. Cold Lake RCMP attended and located a 51-year-old male, who subsequently fled into the bush and is believed to be heading southbound on foot. Cold Lake RCMP and Alberta RCMP Police Dog Services are tracking the male. Alberta RCMP Emergency Response Team has been engaged.
Cold Lake RCMP are recommending residents stay indoors until further notice.
If anyone sees or hears anything suspicious, they are asked to contact Cold Lake RCMP at 780-594-3301, or call 911 in an emergency.