PDA

View Full Version : Twin Valley Reservoir

cgb
08-15-2021, 03:07 PM
I've only fished TVR early in the season.....been thinking about going out in the next few weeks. Several questions:

1) Is there still enough water to launch a boat?
2) Can you get to the north end? When I was out earlier this year, it was pretty shallow through sections.
3) Is there a depth map for this lake available?

Thank you

buckman
08-16-2021, 12:03 PM
Not sure about any of your questions,however the Algae will be awful by now.

Was already bad in June.

I would drive another 45 min and go to Travers.

cgb
08-16-2021, 04:23 PM
Thank you for the algae warning. Some of the best walleye fishing I've had has been on lakes full of algae in MB. Maybe it's worse in Southern AB? The weeds seem to be worse - couldn't believe how high they have grown up in June already. Will algae slow the pike down at TVR?

I thought I would give TVR a try, but kind of hate to drive an hour and find out there is no way to get a boat in. The only reason I was asking about the condition of the launch is because I heard people can't get boats in Travers Reservoir. I don't know if that is for certain, but that is what I heard. Figured I should ask about TVR before going.

silver lab
08-16-2021, 08:04 PM
I was out at Travers yesterday, lots of boats on it. I haven’t been to the lake your talking about but I don’t think it will be that bad. If it is there are lots of other lake close by to fish, just have a backup plan.

litwin
08-16-2021, 11:56 PM
Twin Valley Reservoir is generally only good till about mid July. Turns to algae soup by August. Not saying the fishing would be bad but use something they can hear and see clearly.

TROLLER
08-17-2021, 12:36 PM
I was there 2 weeks ago The launch had been pulled and you were just about off the launch with your truck before floating your boat.

I won't go back this yr. Water level is dropping fast. And the agae is starting up as noted already.

cgb
08-18-2021, 05:53 AM
Thank you for the information. Is there any other pike fishing in the area where the boat launch and water might be more acceptable this time of year? Clear? Pine Coulee? McGregor? Traverse? I've fished all of them (except Clear) in past years, but always early in the year.

I'm not a big Traverse fan. It is a lot further for me, it was really busy, and I never had much luck the two days I fished it.

TROLLER
08-18-2021, 04:39 PM
I was at Pine today. Launch is still available and the docks are still there. My gues is they will pull them on Setp 1.

Water is down quite a bit but the launch is long so you can get in , just quite rough towards the water so be slow and careful.

Fishn wasn't bad caught one nice pike and a few small walleye.

Have fun. BTW was bottom bouncing sliver blade with red bead and a worm.

litwin
08-18-2021, 11:50 PM
Thanks for sharing on Pine Coulee , how did the Walleye look? The lake seem like perfect habitat for them as long as someone would dump a few thousand Perch in that lake so they have something to eat.

TROLLER
08-19-2021, 01:49 PM
Same as always under fed not big enough that I would ever want to keep one which I never have.

Must be a few larger ones that have been feeding on the small trout they have been stocking the last few yrs.

Who Da Fisherman
08-19-2021, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the information. Is there any other pike fishing in the area where the boat launch and water might be more acceptable this time of year? Clear? Pine Coulee? McGregor? Traverse? I've fished all of them (except Clear) in past years, but always early in the year.

I'm not a big Traverse fan. It is a lot further for me, it was really busy, and I never had much luck the two days I fished it.

Give a Badger a try
WDF

AK47
08-21-2021, 10:41 AM
Thanks for sharing on Pine Coulee

I think he was at Pine lake, not Pine Coulee reservoir, but I may be wrong.

TROLLER
08-21-2021, 05:09 PM
i think he was at pine lake, not pine coulee reservoir, but i may be wrong.

have not fished pine lake in yrs.

AK47
08-23-2021, 02:47 PM
have not fished pine lake in yrs.

Cool, last time I was at Pine Coulee they had no dock so I assumed you were at Pine lake.