PDA

View Full Version : Places to boatfish

slickinfinite
08-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Well my friends boat is all fixed up and he wants to take it out for some fishing. We've tried Gap lake but are looking for something that is good for fishing this time of year and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am thinking of lakes like Barrier,Minnewanka,spray,Upper and lower Kananaskis lakes so if anyone who's fished these recently from a boat could give some tips that would be awsome.

jesse34567
08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Pcr

bowfin
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
i am going to spray lake in the am will let you know how its fishing

Gillfisher
08-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I am going to try Barrier Mon, I will post my results.

Gillfisher

slickinfinite
08-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I went to Barrier yesterday for about 1hr30mins of evening fishing a bit after 7 til dark and we didnt catch nothing lol. I seen a fly fisherman land one off shore decent size to when we got there and that got my hopes up lol but good ole Len Thompson wasnt working for me.

I am totaly new to boatfishing period and so is my friend so we just experimented with different lures sometimes casting and retrieving and most of the time we tried to troll and I dont even know if we were doing it right lol. I'd cast and let the lure sink a bit and close the spool and just let the lure swim occasionally jerking it to intice fish?

I forgot my book so I didnt know the current regs so I played it safe and just used lures but what else is good to use there ? I'll get the regs to and I hear bait is allowed there?

Gillfisher
08-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I have had a lot of luck at Barrier Lake trolling a gang troll wedding band and power bait

Gillfisher