PDA

View Full Version : White Goat wilderness

decker
08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Would anyone know what that little area to the south of the White Goat wildrness area is? Is it part of WMU 432?

decker
08-29-2009, 10:26 PM
There is a zone between WMU 426 and the White Goat Wilderness WMU 738 it has no WMU number and would like to find out more if a guy can hunt in there or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Shale,Trails 'n Sheep
08-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I can see what you are typing about.
Sure does seem odd there is no WMU number attached.
I always thought is was part of WMU 426.

The WMU map shows it being the Cline River as a border and south side of this river.
This always has been open in the past.

It includes the watersheds of Landslide Lake, Entry Creek, Shoe Leather Creek
And Waterfalls creek.
These water sheds have always been open in the past.

Shale,Trails 'n Sheep
08-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I think it may be part of WMU 432.

Here is a link;
http://www.albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/wmu/wmu400.html

Look for the 432 number and click on it.
This will bring up a window which will have all the legal land deiscription particulars. I havn't read the description myself yet, but I think your going to find it is 432.

Let us know!

sleslie
08-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Looks like 426 to me.

Shale,Trails 'n Sheep
08-30-2009, 01:08 PM
The B) paragraph in the middle, Below;

White Goat Wildlife Management Unit (432)

A) Commencing at a point on the eastern boundary of Jasper National Park where Opabin Creek joins the Brazeau River; thence upstream along the right bank of Opabin Creek to its source; thence southeasterly along the summit of the range of mountains immediately east of Job Creek and Coral Creek to the confluence of Coral Creek and the Cline River

B)thence southerly across the Cline River to the height of land between the Cline River drainage and the North Saskatchewan River drainage; thence southerly and westerly along this height of land to the eastern boundary of Banff National Park; thence northwesterly along the northeastern boundary of Banff National Park to a point thereon distant three hundred (300) yards northwesterly measured along that boundary from its intersection with the Norman Creek‑Pinto Lake Trail in unsurveyed township 36, range 21, west of the fifth meridian; thence in a northeasterly direction parallel to that trail to a point on the left bank of the Cline River, which point is approximately four hundred (400) yards downstream from where that trail first crosses the Cline River; thence downstream following the sinuosities of that bank to a point on that bank opposite the mouth of a small unnamed creek, which point is approximately one (1) mile upstream from the confluence of Cline River with Coral Creek in unsurveyed township 37, range 18, west of the fifth meridian;

C) thence northwesterly following the height of land forming the west boundary of the watershed of Coral Creek and continuing along the height of land forming the west boundary of the watershed of Coral Creek and continuing along the height of land forming the easterly and northerly boundary of the watershed of McDonald Creek to Mount McDonald in unsurveyed township 39, range 21, west of the fifth meridian; thence southerly approximately one (1) mile to an unnamed peak; thence westerly down the slope of this latter peak to the source of the easterly fork of an unnamed creek; thence westerly and northerly following the unnamed creek to its intersection with the east boundary of Jasper National Park in unsurveyed township 39, range 21, west of the fifth meridian; thence northerly along the eastern boundary of Jasper National Park to the point of commencement.

decker
08-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys for the input, I was thinking the same but wanted another opinion on it. I just don't know for sure