PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan Landing fishing

RMauthe
08-19-2021, 09:43 AM
Thinking about going to Saskatchewan Landing the first part of September…after the long weekend. Any information on the place and what the fishing is like would be greatly appreciated. Can you go upstream for Sturgeon with a propeller outboard?

Thank You in advance!

Red Bullets
08-19-2021, 10:17 PM
Saskatchewan Landing is within Banff National Park boundaries so boating and fishing regulations apply. Best to look up and read the Banff national park regulations on boating and fishing. I'm not sure about sturgeon running that far up the river. Near where the Mistaya river merges with the North Sask river held a record the the biggest river run rainbow trout a few years ago. It was over 10 lbs. Either caught in the Mistaya or North Sask river. Also, Check out Nick Harland's canoeing videos on youtube. He probably has a video on the section of river you are talking about.

stubblejumper01
08-19-2021, 10:43 PM
I think he meant the one by Swift Current
Sorry I never boated there

Red Bullets
08-19-2021, 10:56 PM
I think he meant the one by Swift Current
Sorry I never boated there

I was wondering about that too. Hope the OP has a good adventure in Sept. no matter where he goes.

RMauthe
08-20-2021, 05:11 PM
Should have said… Saskatchewan Landing in Saskatchewan. looking to do some Walleye fishing