PDA

View Full Version : Chain Lakes (Ponoka)

Deano85
08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know where chain lakes is exactly, I know its around the Ponoka area. I was told it was pretty decent for pike. Any info would be great, Thanks.

hayseed
08-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Looked on my mappy for ya, there are a few different ways to get there, and there are 3 little lakes.... so, the best way, would be from Ponoka off the QE 2, head east thru Ponoka to Secondary 815, south 6mi, east for 4mi, and you will hit the middle lake. Never been there, and like i said before, this is off my county map, but I hope this helps, and good luck.

silver_fox
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Just a few minutes from home for me. Been out to the 2nd lake a few times in the last 2 months. Early July they were biting like crazy, nearly every cast they were taking it. It's slowed down quite a bit lately, took my daughter out there last night and we brought in 3 in an hour. The water has really turned green in the last couple of weeks.

Easiest directions to 2nd Chain is from hwy #2 go east 10 miles from Wolf Creek Golf Course/ Morningside turn off. To get to 1st Chain go east of Ponoka on hwy 53 4 miles then south 4 miles on 1st Chain Lakes Rd.

Both the 1st and 2nd lake are decent although the 1st is quite small, never been fishing on the 3rd. Motors are restricted to under 10 hp.