PDA

View Full Version : Island Pursuit Comox B.C.

58thecat
09-03-2021, 02:57 PM
Well had the chance to take my 80 year old dad out salmon fishing. He hadn’t been out in many years due to age so I booked a charter through Steve owner/operator of Island Pursuit. We wanted afternoons/evening as the forecast was calmer water and warmer temps. Steve got us our wish and we met him and our guide Chris at the Comox wharf a few days later. We hoped in and after introductions we were off in no time and about 30 minutes later we had lines in the water. Chris explained to us what he was seeing locally and what his techniques were and my dad added what he use to do as he had 30 years fishing the same waters under his belt. Within 20 minutes we were on and yup the ol’man was on the rod. Chris worked his butt off changing hoochies and depths accordingly putting us on fish constantly which was a blast. We also had a lot of laughs too....to say the least we had a great time, Steve’s operation is very well run and his guide Chris really knows his stuff....lets just say we had the most in the boat that afternoon/evening.....if you’re ever on the island in the Comox valley and just want to we think a line I highly recommend you give Steve a call.

https://islandpursuitsportfishing.com/

58thecat
09-03-2021, 04:16 PM
Hmmm my iPad corrects for me sometimes....last sentence “we think a line”:snapoutofit:

Wet a line :)

But I do like that....we think a line....come to think about it:confused:

Positrac
09-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Congrats on a good trip out on the water with your pops.

The old boy looks pretty good for 80 too.

SNAPFisher
09-03-2021, 07:45 PM
Yeah, nothing but awesome here. Hope I look that good at 80 :)

HuyFishin
09-03-2021, 10:22 PM
Yeah, nothing but awesome here. Hope I look that good at 80 :)

Hope I’m still fishing at 80 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlee
09-04-2021, 07:26 AM
Steve is a family friend of my aunt....I have fished with him adasyou mentioned he runs a top notch outfit.

rdjohnson
09-04-2021, 07:39 AM
Have booked trips with Steve for the past four years…you will never be disappointed! Great guy and runs a top notch business complete with top notch equipment!

bagwan
09-04-2021, 08:06 AM
Makes me wish I'd kept the old homestead. I think I may recognize your dad but quite a few years in the past. Maybe has something to do with the same age group. Busted my arm end of July and had a trip booked and cancelled out. I'll make it up next year. Yup,i t's my trigger finger side.

58thecat
09-04-2021, 08:50 AM
I also spent time at king coho fishing from shore and lost a really nice Chinook there too....believe it or not the dam hook broke.....other shore fishing fella was assisting me as this fish would peel line off like nothing....did manage a sea run cut throat though and had a coho take a run at my buzz bomb right in the surf...either way like many years before I had a blast.

SNAPFisher
09-04-2021, 09:08 AM
I also spent time at king coho fishing from shore and lost a really nice Chinook there too....believe it or not the dam hook broke.....other shore fishing fella was assisting me as this fish would peel line off like nothing....did manage a sea run cut throat though and had a coho take a run at my buzz bomb right in the surf...either way like many years before I had a blast.

Nice! Too early for beach fishing when I went. I think a September trip might be in the cards next year.

58thecat
09-04-2021, 07:14 PM
Yes that is what I was told plus after a good rainfall to get the rivers flowing too kinda gets them to feed hard prior to spawn so I was told.
Maybe next year….but I know I will spend some time booking Island Pursuit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk