PDA

View Full Version : Bare Butt Buck

Backwoods Runner
10-04-2021, 09:00 PM
The Bare Butt Buck. 2020

A bit late but finally got around to posting.
Not exactly hunting weather. +19*C, but after getting off work early, Hot Paws and I decided to sit one of our elevated blinds. So while trying to access the Hunting blind we had to cross a marshy area which included a beaver dam crossing. Apparently the ice had been comprised by the higher than average temps and my weight. While Hot Paws attempted to cross the beaver dam, she broke through the ice and got soaked up to her waist in freezing water. The trooper she is, she decided to continue to the blind on another route. Once in the blind and heater on, the drying process began. Stripped down to her skivies I noticed two respectable bucks had entered the field. Upon a closer look one was one of our target bucks. A short tined 5x5 that needed to be removed from the gene pool. She immediately got in the prone position as I set her scope for the 337m shot, not even realizing that she was still in her underwear. As anyone that knows her, she is quite capable of this shot but circumstances weren’t exactly ideal. After a brief deliberation and a few pics, unknown to her, I said I was ready to watch the shot through the spotting scope. Her 7-08AI sent the 140gr. Berger on its mission and after a 30m death run the rest is picture time. Of course after she got dressed, back into wet clothes.
This is going to be one of our most memorable hunts. Now known as the “Bare Butt Buck”.

DiabeticKripple
10-04-2021, 09:06 PM
How did he taste?

That’s a nice old buck. Did he have much left for teeth?

no-regard
10-04-2021, 09:45 PM
That's hilarious! Goes without saying, but I'd say you're a lucky man.

KegRiver
10-04-2021, 11:14 PM
That is awesome.

I always wished my wife was into hunting, but alas she is not.

We used to hunt mushrooms and pick berries together but now even that is too much for her.

I do however have a sister who likes to go hunting with me.
And she is a better hunter them me. :)

Backwoods Runner
10-05-2021, 08:02 AM
Much to our surprise he wasn’t that old. Just bad genetics. One of the best tasting deer we’ve harvested.
I got her into shooting and hunting 11 years ago and we have created some great memories. She has been fortunate enough to take some great animals however some of the greatest stories involved nothing killed. I am extremely proud of her and the envy of many husbands.
Stay tuned for more stories. Her archery bear hunt is a classic. Here’s a little teaser pic. Please forgive me for the picture upside down.

Moo Snukkle
10-05-2021, 08:48 AM
Silly girl
It’s Naked and Afraid
Not Naked and Armed

She’ll never get on Wild Tv this way

58thecat
10-05-2021, 08:49 AM
hmmm I gotta say this is one of those sexy threads:scared0015:that ended up a successful hunt....maybe I gotta change up my tactics:)

Phil McCracken
10-05-2021, 10:24 AM
Great story!

Now man up and try and outdo her...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

KegRiver
10-05-2021, 02:12 PM
Much to our surprise he wasn’t that old. Just bad genetics. One of the best tasting deer we’ve harvested.
I got her into shooting and hunting 11 years ago and we have created some great memories. She has been fortunate enough to take some great animals however some of the greatest stories involved nothing killed. I am extremely proud of her and the envy of many husbands.
Stay tuned for more stories. Her archery bear hunt is a classic. Here’s a little teaser pic. Please forgive me for the picture upside down.

I have to admit I am totally envious of you both. You are incredibly fortunate to have each other.

KegRiver
10-05-2021, 02:13 PM
Silly girl
It’s Naked and Afraid
Not Naked and Armed

She’ll never get on Wild Tv this way

LOL good one!