PDA

View Full Version : Any info on fish lake in nordegg?

Battery
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Me and a buddy are looking at taking a weekend trip this weekend out to fish lake. He said when he was there last time he saws tons of fish rising and had a few bites but couldn't hook in to one. Is the fishing there good this time of year? Any tips on where to fish the lake? All feedback appreciated. Thanks guys

Battery

extinguisher
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I was up around there about 3 weeks ago and tried several diffrent lakes and didnt check a thing and talk to a few that was there for awhile and they said the fish was bitting pretty slow but they did catch a few.Twin lakes ( aroung Nordegg)not the one in wataskwin if you have a boat people seemed to be catch a few more then others and at trout pond right on the highway i caught a few there but i will add the weather was rainy and chilly when i went. So good luck

Battery
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
we will have an aluminum boat so we can get out on to the lake a bit, i hear the water is crystal clear though so that might pose a threat, might have to be pretty sneaky. I also hear you are allowed to use bait in fish lake, which is a good thing because i never seem to catch fish unless i use bait :lol: i hear there is a floating dock there also , so maybe the boat is not needed? thanks for the reply :wave:

MountainTi
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Remember electric motors only. Haven't been there for years, but last time there just trolled around with a panther martin, caught all kinds of rainbows.

Jayjonahjohnson
09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Spent a lot of time at fish lake but haven't been there for since '07. The water there is crystal and the fish finicky, but taking the time to discover the lure of choice is rewarding. Never had any success with the still fishing method, best bet is to take the small boat with ya an maybe flick a few flies. Other than that it's a purdy lil spot and is enjoyable none the less!!

PS The hotel there in Nordegg, awesome spot for grub an lots to look at! G'luck

SwampShark
09-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I fished that lake a couple of summers ago and did not have much luck. I went over to Goldeye lake (still stocked with Rainbows) and did a little better. You can also sight-fish rainbows with the flyrod in the shallows at Goldeye sometimes... if thats your thing.

tbone616
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I haven't fished Fish Lake in a few years but spend a few weekends a year at Goldeye lake just down the road. There's more camp sites by the lake and the fishing is pretty good. Was there last weekend as a matter of fact and caught tons of rainbow with just a silver spoon during the day and my fly rod in the evening. Most weren't overly large mind you but did manage to pull out a couple 4 pounders (which are pretty good for that lake). With an aluminum boat you should have no problem getting to the fish!

silver_fox
09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Was out there on Aug. 23rd, posted this
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=39948&highlight=skunked