PDA

View Full Version : Boat Purchase. Need some help

tbosch
09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I have the opportunity to buy what I consider to be a pretty decent fishing boat. My problem is I am unsure of the value of this boat. The boat is a 2001 lund 1800 Fisherman ITS. It has a 3.0L inboard mercruiser and a 9.9 hp merc 4 stroke kicker. Carpeted interior with 4 leather swivel seats included. Comes with a 17 and a 19 degree pitch prop, mooring cover and bimini cover. The boat is in excellent shape over all and has been very well looked after, always being winterized and worked on by a licensed mechanic and stored indoors up until this year. It has a maximum of 50 hours total on it and I know this for a fact because I know the owner quite well. My issue is I am just not sure what a fair price for this boat is. Can anybody give me an idea of price. Thanks in advance.

bowfin
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
i would say around 14-16 k anymore then that i would keep shopping got to remember its almost 10 yrs old no matter how many hrs are on the motors you could check out other boat sites to see what there worth

Tredeb
09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I am not sure how the 3.0L performs in an aluminum boat, but they are quite underpowered for fibreglass boats. I would not buy it without a ride in it to see how it performs with full fuel and the whole family in it.

hockey1099
09-02-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=39691

This is a similar boat but much older with out the extras. so it may be of no help.

Knowing the owner and the boat is worth a little extra in my opinion. last thing you want to do is buy a money pit

PoorTurtle
09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I have a 1997 lund 1750 fisherman with a 150 merc. that i bought 3 yr ago for 10k. sound like the one you are looking at is in better shape. not a fan of the 3L but i would bet it has plenty of power for a alum.