PDA

View Full Version : 17.6 lb. walleye

-JR-
10-26-2021, 08:32 AM
New Alberta record was just pulled in two weeks ago 34 inches 17.6 lbs .
Just waiting for pictures .

CDNOutdoorsman
10-26-2021, 08:38 AM
wow, that is a monster walleye.
look forward to the story. Any idea if it was a lake or river 'eye?

-JR-
10-26-2021, 09:01 AM
River

eric2381
10-26-2021, 09:03 AM
Holy dyna. Big one. South Sask River maybe?

trigger7mm
10-26-2021, 01:19 PM
Or the Athabasca.

North40Rules
10-26-2021, 01:33 PM
Not sure it's a river walleye, the one we caught that was 32 inches only weighed about 8lbs, I was shocked. Lake walleye seem to get way fatter and heavier, not sure if it's fighting a current thing?

Jamie Black R/T
10-26-2021, 01:57 PM
Im looking at pictures on my phone right now.

He didnt want them posted so i wont. But its real.

Fish the same holes as these guys and ran into him up there a few days after it was caught.

-JR-
10-26-2021, 03:31 PM
Not sure it's a river walleye, the one we caught that was 32 inches only weighed about 8lbs, I was shocked. Lake walleye seem to get way fatter and heavier, not sure if it's fighting a current thing?

Last 32 we caught was 15 lbs

italk2u
10-26-2021, 03:43 PM
My money is on the Lower Pembina.

Red Bullets
10-26-2021, 03:57 PM
It was long overdue for a bigun to break the record. Been a while since any records have been broken.

I'd bet it was caught in the north saskatchewan river. A few years ago on halloween eve the guy fishing next to me caught a 14.5 walleye. An hour after the sun set 15 minute walk to downtown. I watched the hooked walleye's mate follow it in and it looked bigger. Slow that presentation down in cold water. I caught a 14 lb. pike that day too. We were both using small leadhead jigs, no tails, with minnows.

Zip-in-Z
10-26-2021, 04:06 PM
New Alberta record was just pulled in two weeks ago 34 inches 17.6 lbs .
Just waiting for pictures .

Hope this isn't a fish story, if it was 2 wks ago & an Ab record you would think it would be all over the internet by now and it would have grown to twice that size & weight here on A/O .... :).

Hope it was released, nevertheless, look forward to some pic's on a bump board.

D.

North40Rules
10-26-2021, 04:18 PM
Last 32 we caught was 15 lbs

Congratulations on that one, a walleye of a lifetime!

Jamie Black R/T
10-27-2021, 09:21 AM
No picture = Didn't happen.

Why on Earth would anyone not want a picture posted?? Sounds fishy to me. No pun intended.

There are several pictures.

Some people don't care about the approval of strangers on social media.

Jamie Black R/T
10-27-2021, 10:01 AM
Then why post about it on social media with no picture? :confused:

The angler who caught it didn't post anything about it.

Its all 3rd, 4th or 5th hand info getting passed around.

This threads OP said they heard a rumor. I merely posted to confirm its true.

HuyFishin
10-27-2021, 10:10 AM
I want some photos!!

AlbertanGP
10-27-2021, 10:20 AM
The angler who caught it didn't post anything about it.

Its all 3rd, 4th or 5th hand info getting passed around.

This threads OP said they heard a rumor. I merely posted to confirm its true.

The OP didn't say he heard a rumor, he presented it as fact with no proof provided...much the same as you're doing. Right now it's all 3rd, 4th or 5th hand info getting passed around as you yourself admit. It shouldn't be any surprise people want to see some proof.

I'm sure its likely legit, and look forward to the pictures. :)

Jamie Black R/T
10-27-2021, 10:24 AM
The OP didn't say he heard a rumor, he presented it as fact with no proof provided...much the same as you're doing. Right now it's all 3rd, 4th or 5th hand info getting passed around as you yourself admit. It shouldn't be any surprise people want to see some proof.

I'm sure its likely legit, and look forward to the pictures. :)

Yeah the OP said awaiting pictures. I have them. Also seen them on the lucky anglers 10 year old Iphone while BSing after a day on the water.

They will come out im sure. Enough locals texting them back and forth that someone will likely post it online one day soon.

Just wont be me.

pikeman06
10-27-2021, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Zip-in-Z;4431071]Hope this isn't a fish story, if it was 2 wks ago & an Ab record you would think it would be all over the internet by now and it would have grown to twice that size & weight here on A/O .... :).

D.

"HOPE IT WAS RELEASED" from the guy that posts his limit of whites every other day. That's hilarious!!!

Zip-in-Z
10-27-2021, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Zip-in-Z;4431071]Hope this isn't a fish story, if it was 2 wks ago & an Ab record you would think it would be all over the internet by now and it would have grown to twice that size & weight here on A/O .... :).

D.

"HOPE IT WAS RELEASED" from the guy that posts his limit of whites every other day. That's hilarious!!!

Pikie ...your comments hilarious, too ... except for the few the Mrs eats they're all given away to my Catholic friends who eat fish on Friday. They really enjoy them, I can't eat any fish due to allergy, but who needs justify what I do to you .... go troll that 5 of diamonds someplace else.

Have a nice day!

D.

CptnBlues63
10-27-2021, 02:07 PM

Largest one we caught last summer was 75 cm's (30") and weighed 8.2 lb's and that was from a lake.

Jamie Black R/T
10-27-2021, 02:14 PM
Largest one we caught last summer was 75 cm's (30") and weighed 8.2 lb's and that was from a lake.

Same fish from a river likely 2-3lbs heavier.

Fall river eyes have shoulders lake fish can only dream of.

North40Rules
10-27-2021, 02:37 PM

Not convinced, the 32" we caught was very skinny and far from muscular! lol

It was definitely a female we caught it in June on The North Sask. Trying to upload the picture, but the upload fails?

Jamie Black R/T
10-27-2021, 02:39 PM
Not convinced, the 32" we caught was very skinny and far from muscular! lol

It was definitely a female we caught it in June on The North Sask. Trying to upload the picture, but the upload fails?

Yes spawned out female for sure I believe you.

Fall fish are totally different.

North40Rules
10-27-2021, 02:42 PM
Yes spawned out female for sure I believe you.

Fall fish are totally different.

Agreed, I was depressed for a month, should have weighted 13+ lbs %$@# lol

Made up for it with a 55lbs Sturgeon though :)

TROLLER
10-27-2021, 03:00 PM
Biggest I have ever caught was in Keho before cell phones could take a pic. I still don't have one that takes pic's. gettin to darn old to change now.:)

34 inches and tipped the toledo's at 14 almost on the dot. If someone indeed caught a 17.5 I cannot imagine them not wanting to have pic's ..hmmm:thinking-006:

SamSteele
10-27-2021, 03:05 PM
I’ve seen the pic of the fish being discussed. Pretty sure it was not released as it would have to be weighed on official scales to be a record.

It was a river fish.

Smoky buck
10-27-2021, 04:31 PM
Some need to relax if the fish was officially weighed in pics will surface in time

There is a reason less fisherman are sharing on social media way too much nit picking and drama

barbless
10-27-2021, 04:36 PM
Bet that fish probably owned the territory and scared off all the PIKE :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Sooner
10-27-2021, 04:42 PM
Some need to relax if the fish was officially weighed in pics will surface in time

There is a reason less fisherman are sharing on social media way too much nit picking and drama

No kidding.

pikeman06
10-28-2021, 10:04 PM
Oh no drama intended boys, sorry to offend if I did. Just can't help myself when a guy is whackin a limit of fish on their spawning beds every other day on a pressured central alberta fishery, AND post on social media,and then has the nerve to preach catch and release ethics on some good old glow in the dark alberta river wally that may or might not have even been caught. Sorry I can't help it. It's about ethics Zip, and respect for what's left of our fisheries regardless of what the regulations say.

Jims83cj5
10-30-2021, 09:41 AM
Oh no drama intended boys, sorry to offend if I did. Just can't help myself when a guy is whackin a limit of fish on their spawning beds every other day on a pressured central alberta fishery, AND post on social media,and then has the nerve to preach catch and release ethics on some good old glow in the dark alberta river wally that may or might not have even been caught. Sorry I can't help it. It's about ethics Zip, and respect for what's left of our fisheries regardless of what the regulations say.

Lmao, and you don’t mean offend!!!

Jims83cj5
10-30-2021, 09:43 AM
All I got is if he caught a big /record fish and kept it then this would be the last place I would post it. Can only imagine what about half the people would say. I wouldn’t put myself through that either.

Savage Bacon
10-30-2021, 10:55 AM
I'd hollow it out and jam that bugger full of lead weights and sand. Super glue the holes on both ends shut.

I'd like to see someone beat my record 100 pounder!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211030/603a71c618156ef16a80bd3c6e8e6e0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Positrac
10-30-2021, 12:58 PM

I'd agree with that. We pulled one out of the Athabasca river upsteam from Fort McMurray a few years back that was a hair under 30" and it weighed a couple ounces shy of 10lbs. Can't actually say we've ever got one over 30" or 10 pounds but that one was a close as you could get. I'd like to think its still swimming around out there.

SNAPFisher
10-31-2021, 08:18 AM
Lmao, and you don’t mean offend!!!

No kidding. Funny thing is that I don't think the comments were anything about his particular post. I would think more about all the doubters. I think pikeman thinks the world revolves around him. Only thing is he is on a very small planet with a population of 1.

I'm hoping the new walleye record comes through :)

SNAPFisher
10-31-2021, 08:20 AM
I'd agree with that. We pulled one out of the Athabasca river upsteam from Fort McMurray a few years back that was a hair under 30" and it weighed a couple ounces shy of 10lbs. Can't actually say we've ever got one over 30" or 10 pounds but that one was a close as you could get. I'd like to think its still swimming around out there.

I would agree as well. My biggest was caught off the boat launch on the RDR. Fought way more than any lake walleye I've caught. I honestly thought I had a decent pike on until I saw it.

TROLLER
10-31-2021, 10:04 AM
If you take a close look at the 32.5 12lb walleye caught in the shallow water and how nice and fat it is it makes you wonder how a fish only 1 1/2 inch longer can weight almost 50% more.

If it happened it must be on hec of a waleye and I would sure like to see a pic of that fish. Must look like a big fat spring salmon with a huge belly.

fish99
10-31-2021, 11:36 AM
my 31 inch walleye weight was 12 lbs15 oz ,, big belly like a huge lake trout gets

CardiacCowboy
10-31-2021, 12:04 PM
If you take a close look at the 32.5 12lb walleye caught in the shallow water and how nice and fat it is it makes you wonder how a fish only 1 1/2 inch longer can weight almost 50% more.

If it happened it must be on hec of a waleye and I would sure like to see a pic of that fish. Must look like a big fat spring salmon with a huge belly.

lol I know people only 1 1/2 Inch taller that weigh 100% more. Maybe the new stocking strains have a genetic likely hood to be obese

Zip-in-Z
10-31-2021, 10:30 PM
Lots of interesting stories here thought I'd share mine.

Posted this before, my biggest Walleye (Greenback) came from the Winnipeg River, near Pine Falls, Mb. on October 12, 1994. We were drift fishin a large under water hump that came up from 25 to 12 ft.

My partner missed netting the fish a couple of times then finally got it. Kept it & weighed it on a certified butcher shop scale at 14 lbs, 12 oz, I didn't pinch the tail but she measured out at 33.5" length & 20 1/8" girth.

Al Linder, Doug Stange & Alex Keszler were in the boat next to us filming an In-Fisherman Fall Fishing episode & took pic's of my fish. Doug S. published a pic & sent me a card & copy of their 1994 Walleye Insider .... that was very special.

I would love to see a 34" walleye that scaled in at 17.6 lbs.

Cheers

David

TROLLER
11-01-2021, 10:43 AM
Lots of interesting stories here thought I'd share mine.

Posted this before, my biggest Walleye (Greenback) came from the Winnipeg River, near Pine Falls, Mb. on October 12, 1994. We were drift fishin a large under water hump that came up from 25 to 12 ft.

My partner missed netting the fish a couple of times then finally got it. Kept it & weighed it on a certified butcher shop scale at 14 lbs, 12 oz, I didn't pinch the tail but she measured out at 33.5" length & 20 1/8" girth.

Al Linder, Doug Stange & Alex Keszler were in the boat next to us filming an In-Fisherman Fall Fishing episode & took pic's of my fish. Doug S. published a pic & sent me a card & copy of their 1994 Walleye Insider .... that was very special.

I would love to see a 34" walleye that scaled in at 17.6 lbs.

Cheers

David

AND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! should answer any question as to weather this fish of no pic's ever did exist. Seems highly unlikely, but fish stories are always fun.

GMX
11-01-2021, 02:06 PM
The guy who caught it just sent me a picture what a fish. Hopefully one day he will release them to the public but unlikely on this forum.

Zip-in-Z
11-01-2021, 04:06 PM
The guy who caught it just sent me a picture what a fish. Hopefully one day he will release them to the public but unlikely on this forum.

Your the 3 or 4th guy on this thread to say you seen a pic of this monster walleye, you'd think by now someone would of posted the pic someplace even with the back ground & the fisherman's face blacked out or on a bump board .... NO ?????

This fish is <3 lbs heavier that the one I caught, would love to see it on a bump board, that would be a trophy of a life time.

Cheers

D.

GMX
11-01-2021, 04:19 PM
With respect to the guy that caught it I will not be the one sharing the photo. I wish I had a picture of my ex father-in-law‘s he got one in slave lake that measured 37” he won angler of the year and did not break that weight.

I’m sure the picture will come out in time just have to be patient. Guys who shoot record book animals don’t show a picture right away either.

Zip-in-Z
11-01-2021, 09:04 PM
With respect to the guy that caught it I will not be the one sharing the photo. I wish I had a picture of my ex father-in-law‘s he got one in slave lake that measured 37” he won angler of the year and did not break that weight.

I’m sure the picture will come out in time just have to be patient. Guys who shoot record book animals don’t show a picture right away either.

That's fair, I would do the same.

To bad no one had a pic, would love to see the 37" beast, I imagine it was just as skinny as the Pike I found in Sylvan.

Cheers

D.

Wes_G
11-01-2021, 11:16 PM
All these stories of big fish..... yet know one has photos of any of them! It's all just a dream until there is proof boys and girls. I actually have photos of my biggest one, but out of respect to all you dreamers out there, I wont be posting it! :sign0161:

Red Bullets
11-02-2021, 12:06 AM
Amazing that in Ontario the record walleye was 36.5 inches long and had a girth of 21. It weighed 22.25 lbs. It will take a while for Alberta to beat that.

bucksman
11-02-2021, 08:17 AM

if he won angler of the year then there is a photo of it on the website, what year was it

Zip-in-Z
11-02-2021, 12:26 PM
Did a little browsing found this, something to share.

If records are to have any credibility, all facts must be verified: date, place taken in Alberta, weight (on a government certified scale), dimensions, species verification, colour pictures if possible, and that the catch was legally taken by sportfishing methods. The burden of proof is more stringent when a record is sought.

Cheers

D.

Alberta Record = Angler: Joe Smith Weight: 15 lbs 8 ozs Location: Pembina River Date: 2000 Note: Couldn't find any measurements for this fish.

https://i.imgur.com/iKC5uij.jpg

Saskatchewan record walleye 18.45 from Tobin in 2005 has a girth of 22.5 inches and measures 36.5 inches long. Couldn’t find a pic on net. It looks similar to Father Mariusz's walleye (Pic below) that was caught ice fishing in Tobin but his was 18.3 a few oz short of the Prov. record.

https://i.imgur.com/DTobFF9.jpg

The Canadian record walleye, caught in Niagara River in Ontario, currently stands at 22 pounds, 4 ounces. Length = 36.5 Girth = 21.0 Date 05/26/1943 Angler = Patrick Noon Waterbody = Niagara River .... Couldn’t find any Pic’s on the net.

For a comparison look at this Columbia River, Washington state, 20-pound, 5-ounce walleye caught in 2014 ... nice fish.

https://i.imgur.com/jKA56Q2.png

elkrub
11-02-2021, 12:30 PM
Yea...I'd like to see it, love big Walleye

elkrub
11-02-2021, 12:31 PM
WOW....some Monsters!!
thx

GMX
11-03-2021, 06:19 AM
He told me to post a picture so here you go outdoorsmen.

Not a small guy holding that fish either.

bucksman
11-03-2021, 08:14 AM
Definitely looks fatter than the current record but does not look to be the same size as father mariusz's walleye, could be, tough angle to tell. Guess we will see when its in the books. Judging by the way this is playing out im guessing we will never see that happen

CardiacCowboy
11-03-2021, 08:37 AM
LoL for once arms bent not exagerating size and fish looks small

GMX
11-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Measurements go as follows
24-3/16” girth
34” long
17.53lbs
Weighed on a post office scale

He had it weighed on an official scale so it should be in the books

highwood
11-03-2021, 09:21 AM
For all of you saying this walleye doesn't look that large, blah, blah, etc.....just look at the girth of the tail section relative to his hand. It's very large. Period.

AlbertanGP
11-03-2021, 09:23 AM
Definitely looks fatter than the current record but does not look to be the same size as father mariusz's walleye, could be, tough angle to tell. Guess we will see when its in the books. Judging by the way this is playing out im guessing we will never see that happen

The problem is the current record looks like a 10lb fish not 15lb 8oz. In the photo of this new fish, it looks to have a belly like a laker, which means big weight on a walleye. ;)

Jamie Black R/T
11-03-2021, 10:56 AM
Those of us who have met this fella know he has hands like catchers mitts.

Hilarious the photo detectives are still undetermined lol

Its over boys. Gonna be a real tough record to beat.

Zip-in-Z
11-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Nice record Walleye ... Congrat's to your buddy.

Hope he has a pic with a bigger smile for the record books .... :).

D.

https://i.imgur.com/D1qljpl.jpg

Measurements go as follows
24-3/16” girth
34” long
17.53lbs
Weighed on a post office scale

He had it weighed on an official scale so it should be in the books

Met .... If records are to have any credibility, all facts must be verified: date, place taken in Alberta, weight (on a government certified scale), dimensions, species verification, colour pictures if possible, and that the catch was legally taken by sportfishing methods. The burden of proof is more stringent when a record is sought.

D.

JohnB
11-03-2021, 11:06 AM
Big fish, congrats.

Savage Bacon
11-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Dang that's a big one. Congrats to the fellow that caught it!!

And sorry for the drama that goes along with a great catch.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Buckhead
11-03-2021, 12:18 PM
That’s quite a large walleye. Based on the position and size of the fellows hand near the gills I would have no reason to doubt it is at least a 15+ lbs fish.
Congrats! That’s a beast!

elkrub
11-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Congratulations to the unknown angler.....that's a Great Fish!!
Cheers to You Buddy!:happy0180:

SNAPFisher
11-03-2021, 05:41 PM
For all of you saying this walleye doesn't look that large, blah, blah, etc.....just look at the girth of the tail section relative to his hand. It's very large. Period.

No kidding! I had the same thought. Actually looks like a laker it is so fat. Beast!!!

Smoky buck
11-03-2021, 06:46 PM
Congrats on a great fish

Now how many are going to man up and apologize

sns2
11-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Holy hell Wabamun is producing huge wallye. Wow!

Foot Stomper
11-03-2021, 08:08 PM
Until i see this walleye in the record book. I am still not convinced with the crappy angle photo posted. I’m not bashing him and saying it’s a small walleye, it’s a monster for Alberta yes. But provincial record? I’m still skeptical of the weight 🙂

Btw beautiful walleye 😘

Agreed!
No question she's a monster! However the hype and secrecy about posting a pic leads me to be suspicious of "record" status... standing by for validation. Until then it's just a (finally) picture of very nice Walleye.

StiksnStrings
11-04-2021, 08:29 AM
That is one very nice walleye. My pb comes no where close to it so I'm a wee bit envious. Congrats to the angler!

Lowrance Fishburn
11-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Are there any other pics? Its clearly a huge fish and if it were me I would be damn sure to have at least a couple dozen pictures and for goodness sake id have a picture of the fish from the front with a proper view. Is it 17.6 lbs? Maybe, its possible, but its also possible that its a 12 lb walleye. My personal opinion based solely on this singular picture is it doesn't LOOK 17.6 lbs. BUT it could be, we definitely need better photos and a legal weight before it goes in the record book. That's my 2 cents.

Big Sky
11-04-2021, 12:44 PM
This is a great picture of the fish, exactly the type of pic that should be uploaded onto any social media site.
It's obvious that it's a very large walleye.
The angle makes it very difficult to argue about its actual size.

No other pics required, IMO.
Thanks to the lucky angler for letting the pic be posted.

Jims83cj5
11-04-2021, 01:44 PM
I don’t really understand the direction this thread went for a few of you or why it went that way. But since we all get to have an opinion wether it’s on point or not I put mine forth.
The weight was posted, after lots of whining, then the picture was posted, which gave a few of you more reason to whine, can you not all just be happy for the guy! Whining about no pics then busting his chops over the pics, life must be hard I guess if you can’t be happy for a fellow fisherman. If it’s a record then that will come out eventually and if not then I’m more than sure one of you will resurrect this thread in the future just for your own self glorification. Smarten up would ya!!!

Marty S
11-04-2021, 02:01 PM
FILLET AND RELEASE!!!!

Except record fish….

THEN YOU WEIGH FILLET AND RELEASE!!!!

Marty S
11-04-2021, 03:25 PM
I actually just eat ocean fish for the most part, but whatever!

We’ll see what this great reset nonsense brings, maybe we all be happy boiling up a few local fish. (Sure would be nice if the irrigation companies would quit poisoning so many)

We’ll own nothing and be happy whilst we boil our carps!!!

SNAPFisher
11-04-2021, 06:38 PM
As per the rules, I think you need to go

Posting of pictures: There is no need to chastise, belittle or troll posts when the Op shares in his/her passions of the outdoors. We welcome our members to share in their outdoor adventures. Let us be clear that this will not be tolerated.

Let's see what the mods think
WDF

Yep. As far as I'm concerned, good riddance.

SNAPFisher
11-04-2021, 06:47 PM
I don’t really understand the direction this thread went for a few of you or why it went that way. But since we all get to have an opinion wether it’s on point or not I put mine forth.
The weight was posted, after lots of whining, then the picture was posted, which gave a few of you more reason to whine, can you not all just be happy for the guy! Whining about no pics then busting his chops over the pics, life must be hard I guess if you can’t be happy for a fellow fisherman. If it’s a record then that will come out eventually and if not then I’m more than sure one of you will resurrect this thread in the future just for your own self glorification. Smarten up would ya!!!

Well written and said. Thanks.

Jigger
11-04-2021, 06:59 PM
As a guy that has pulled a couple 13's, 12s 11s etc from southern Alta rivers, that is a freaking giant, beautiful fish, I'm jealous. No doubt in my mind of the specified size. Great job man

Zip-in-Z
11-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Looks like someone cleaned up & dumped a bunch of posts on this thread.

What people may have overlooked, is the angler who caught this fish is required to submit detailed info on the fish etc with pics to be considered for an Ab record, if he doesn't it's not a record.

Manitoba has a Master Angler Award program with clear rules & regulations in their Reg's and you complete & submit a form for consideration.

Alberta doesn't have a similar program and there's very little to NO info in the Ab Reg's. From what I found they basically say contact the Fish & Wildlife office in Edm.

The Alberta Fish and Game Association has a Wildlife Awards Program but it's not clear if its recognized by Alberta for a Record fish.

Perhaps GMX who posted the pic & measurements can let us know if his buddy is planning to submit for the new Ab Walleye Record.

If he doesn't it still a monster walleye that makes my 14-12 look small in comparison.

Cheers

D.

GMX
11-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Last I’m going to post on this subject until it’s officially in the book. He did have it weighed on an official scale at a post office with plenty of photos and witnesses. I’ve seen lots of 10-12lb fish pictures from him this one is different by a large margin. I hope it’s been done correctly by him because IT’s THE REAL DEAL.

cheers I’m out

Zip-in-Z
11-04-2021, 09:06 PM
Last I’m going to post on this subject until it’s officially in the book. He did have it weighed on an official scale at a post office with plenty of photos and witnesses. I’ve seen lots of 10-12lb fish pictures from him this one is different by a large margin. I hope it’s been done correctly by him because IT’s THE REAL DEAL.

cheers I’m out

Tks for the update, we look forward to seeing his record fish in the books. It also beats Bob Walkers 16 - 3.2 Walleye that's listed in the Outdoorsman Record book.

Cheers

D.

https://i.imgur.com/uod9kqr.png

https://i.imgur.com/0wSv94X.png

Moose master
11-07-2021, 11:23 AM
For all the doubters out there the angler is named Lyle Schaffrick. His hands are massive! I was able to get another pic from him so here you guys go.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=176127&stc=1&d=1636309218

Zip-in-Z
11-07-2021, 12:02 PM
For all the doubters out there the angler is named Lyle Schaffrick. His hands are massive! I was able to get another pic from him so here you guys go.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=176127&stc=1&d=1636309218

Nice pic Lyle .... congrat's again.

D.

GMX
11-07-2021, 12:21 PM

Lyle just sent the same photo his arms are out a little but his massive hands are an understatement. I have big hands his are like that fish bigger than the rest.

Smoky buck
11-07-2021, 04:01 PM
It’s a huge walleye and congrats

But what is with the unhealthy fascination over his hands you guys have:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Have you guys asked to hold them yet :scared0018:

Sorry guys but you can’t keep making posts about a dudes hands when the thread is about a huge fish without someone bugging you for it :innocent:

trigger7mm
11-07-2021, 05:12 PM
Wow, thats a beautiful walleye. Congrats to the gentleman who caught it.