PDA

View Full Version : Pinehurst Lake

javlin101
09-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Anyone been fishing Pinehurst lately as I am thinking going there this weekend.

JBALL
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Was at Beaver last weekend and lots of people camping there were fishing at pinehurst. Talking to the guy filleting 4 nice aprox. 3lbs walleye said fishing was slow but steady, downfall he said the boat launch was backed up about a mile all day guys waiting to get on and off the lake. get there early! Beaver lake had a buch of algea pumped in from the river due to rain. Fishing was brutal.

javlin101
09-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Interesting, I have'nt been to Beaver this year guess I didn't miss much. I work with a guy who has a home on Beaver Lake. He said the lake is down a foot this year & just to prove it he distroyed his leg on his I/O Bayliner. Yikes!

Anywho if it is that busy at PineHurst perhaps I will pick another time as I hate line ups like that, reminds me of Pigeon Lake(shudder). I have a lot at Floatingstone so maybe try to catch a few there this weekend!

javlin101
09-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Well went out to Pinehurst Sunday but weather did not play nice. 8:00am & whole lake was white caps, darn. Oh well have to try in a week or so. Any suggestions on tackle & bait to use for Wally's?

Jim

thorne
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
we hit pinehurst a few weeks ago and tied a few uncommon approaches, which worked pretty well. I have never fished for bass (except on XBOX) so i wondered how wella chartruse bass spinner bait would do...actually very well. I know generally waleye are deep and like jigs, sure we all know it works, but I have found a few nice very active waleye in around 10-5 feet of water actively hunting and think the spinner baits are just what they are looking for. Maybe it was just a lucky day...possible, but I have been having an awful lot of lucky days...same for perch, just smaller baits. If not try the storm rubbber baits and drift in deeper water bouncing them off the bottom, a no brainer that has held strong for me all year. Hope it works!

javlin101
09-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks, ended up at Garner Lake Sunday evening. Still the white caps, Jeez Mother Nature sure has a sense of humor. We tried several colored jig heads, single yellow tails, Double yellow tails. Spoon, spinners. Bait was minnows, leeches, grubs, power bait, super juice & nada. I mean not even a nibble so was a little frustrated to say the lest. So hopping Pinehurst will be a little better weather wise in a week or 2.