PDA

View Full Version : Good spot for shore fishing this time of the year?

allenford
09-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Does anybody know some good shore fishing spots except those trout ponds and Pigeon Provincial Park?

I know there are tons of weeds around shore now but is there any place within one and half hour from Edmonton to catch some pike / walleye? thinking heading out the comming long weekend.

thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Are you wanting to Keep , or catch and release ?

Eating I have no idea , other then the trout ponds around which should be starting to get really hot here , as the trout will be throwing on the food bag .

The north Saskatchewan river has been fishing fairly well as of lately , If there's a storm near or to approach don't bother , you just end up wet and skunked .

Pigeon lake is a good option , but very very shallow .

allenford
09-02-2009, 11:08 AM
thanks BBJ, I d like to catch and release.

Tried pigeon last week just as you said was very very shallow.

anywhere around gull lake or somewhere in the North?

09-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Gull Lake Ummm Im sure you could probably find some , but if your seriously just gonna catch and release , NSR , tons of nice Walleye , Goldeye , Sturgeon coming out of there right now . in the past month ive been out nearly everynight , and have caught 6 sturgeon , 1 being really nice , the rest id say average . But the Walleye , are feeding very heavily ,and Goldeye , are goldeye .

allenford
09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Emmmmmm river is good and pretty close to home to save a lot driving.

Did you fishing aroung Fort Sask? I tried few points in the city but did not get much success, and when did you fish morning or evening?

what did you use for Goldeye?

thanks again BBJ.

Wulfespirit
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
The local trout ponds aren't on the hot bite yet... this crazy hot weather is going to keep the bite down a couple more weeks I suspect.

BBJ is right about the NSR for C&R fun though. When I fished it for goldeye, I always had success with a pickeral right and worms. I'd park in Hermitage Park and walk to the river's edge from there just a little north from the ponds (no more than a few hundred yards).

09-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Ive been using a Drop shot rig and dew worms .As for the fishing places yes around Fort Saskatchewan .

-JR-
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I was working up around whitecourt today so I drove into Carson and had no fishing rod with me:mad3: The fish were jumping all over the place (7 am)
The shore at carson is set up for fishing and the water drops off very fast.
Its a 2 hr drive from Edmonton