PDA

View Full Version : Windy forcast tomorrow.

Rick.
09-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm planning a boat trip to MIlo (MacGregor Lake) and now I see they are expecting winds in the afternoon out of the S.W. at 35 KPH. I'm thinking I won't find much shelter so I am reconsidering my options. Do you think Travers (@ little bow) would be a better option for some wind protection? Thanks, Rick.

nicemustang
09-03-2009, 08:54 AM
No it wouldn't be much better, BUT you'd be able to find some cover around the steep cliffs in the fingers (SE side close to the dam).

DustDee
09-03-2009, 09:00 AM
When the wind blows, the hoppers start falling!! Rainbows hit hoppers hard! Grab the fly rod, some hopper patterns, and head out to your favorite trout stream!

WayneChristie
09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Im about 40 odd miles east of there, it was dead calm until around 4:30 today, then picked up big time

Rick.
09-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Never trust a weather forecast. We ended up going to Travers. Your right, it was very calm at noon and a gentle breeze in the afternoon and then at about 5 the wind really blew hard. Wish I could say it was great fishing but it wasn't. I caught 4 or 5 walleye all of them rather small. My buddy never got a bite which is funny cause he always does better than me. Nice hot day and lots of laughs so it was a good day never the less. Rick.

WayneChristie
09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
A bad day's fishing is better than a good days working anytime :) Glad you had a good time!

Rick.
09-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I see your from Rolling Hills. Caught my biggest walleye this year in RH Res. right where Newell drains into it. The fellow I fished with yesterday (and lots of other days) is an x Rolling Hills boy now living in Brooks. Rick.