PDA

View Full Version : Jiffy Torch First Holes in the Ice Video

Willowtrail
11-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Got the new Jiffy Torch out on the ice today to get some holes drilled for the first time

I love this thing, I had 10" of ice to put it to the test.

Enjoy the video

https://youtu.be/AB5TjpBfuvY

AlbertanGP
11-30-2021, 08:57 PM
That's smart that you can remove the disc to allow you to tighten the chuck properly...it's supposed to be a real problem with the Pistol Bit. I'd still like to see it side by side with a Pistol Bit or Lite-Flite Lazer. And I'd like to see how that chipper blade eats the battery. Still, thanks for the first look. :happy0180:

The Scout looks like a complete dud to me though. The whole premise of it is to check ice thickness for safety. I don't want to check the thickness of the ice I'm standing on...I want to check the thickness of the ice I'm contemplating standing on. You can't drill the ice in front of you at a 45* angle with it. And even if you could, it's to short too be useful for that. This thing is literally dangerous to use for it's intended purpose. I'll stick with the good ol' Jiffy Mille Lacs Ice Chisel at first ice.

HuyFishin
11-30-2021, 09:28 PM
That's smart that you can remove the disc to allow you to tighten the chuck properly...it's supposed to be a real problem with the Pistol Bit. I'd still like to see it side by side with a Pistol Bit or Lite-Flite Lazer. And I'd like to see how that chipper blade eats the battery. Still, thanks for the first look. :happy0180:

The Scout looks like a complete dud to me though. The whole premise of it is to check ice thickness for safety. I don't want to check the thickness of the ice I'm standing on...I want to check the thickness of the ice I'm contemplating standing on. You can't drill the ice in front of you at a 45* angle with it. And even if you could, it's to short too be useful for that. This thing is literally dangerous to use for it's intended purpose. I'll stick with the good ol' Jiffy Mille Lacs Ice Chisel at first ice.

I thought that scout was an odd invention but who knows! Maybe it will sell. Use it for the micro cameras from marcum and aquaview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlbertanGP
11-30-2021, 09:34 PM
I thought that scout was an odd invention but who knows! Maybe it will sell. Use it for the micro cameras from marcum and aquaview

Yeah I thought about using it for my AquaVu. But to be honest, I'd rather just use a 6" Pistol Bit and be done with it.

HuyFishin
11-30-2021, 10:04 PM
Yeah I thought about using it for my AquaVu. But to be honest, I'd rather just use a 6" Pistol Bit and be done with it.

Yea it’s kinda silly to swap the bits back and fourth but I just thought it was another idea [emoji362]

OL_JR
12-03-2021, 07:09 PM
Gotta be honest seems like a lot of tourque there compared to the shaver units.

Willowtrail
12-04-2021, 07:03 PM
Gotta be honest seems like a lot of tourque there compared to the shaver units.

Drill sounded the same as it always does whether I’m drilling with a hole saw at work or last years lite flite.

Guess I’ll see how my drill is at the end of the season