PDA

View Full Version : My sony tv wont go on Netflix

Fish along
12-18-2021, 11:10 AM
I can get Netflix on all my devices but not on my Sony TV.. any ideas what might be the problem? THANKS..Ive tried turning of the power but that dont work.:)

Jayhad
12-18-2021, 11:21 AM
I can get Netflix on all my devices but not on my Sony TV.. any ideas what might be the problem? THANKS..Ive tried turning of the power but that dont work.:)

try updating the software for the app, if that doesn't work delete the app and reinstall

benamen
12-18-2021, 11:40 AM
How old is the TV? My one year old Sony works great with Netflix but with my 10 year old LG, Netflix no longer supplies updates for it and Netflix no longer works on it. I purchased a Firetv when they were on sale and that works great.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Ken07AOVette
12-18-2021, 11:56 AM
I have a couple tvs that won't play channels and apps I want, so bought a couple roku sticks off Amazon. Works great and are portable for any tv

Fish along
12-18-2021, 12:45 PM
How old is the TV? My one year old Sony works great with Netflix but with my 10 year old LG, Netflix no longer supplies updates for it and Netflix no longer works on it. I purchased a Firetv when they were on sale and that works great.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Its about 5 years old i guess

Sooner
12-18-2021, 12:50 PM
My 5 yr old LG won't let me watch Sportsnet now, says it needs to upgrade the browser to 89 or better. My google searches seem to tell a tale that you can't upgrade the LG's browser. Ugggg.

Battle Rat
12-18-2021, 01:08 PM
Sometimes can't get a connection either so usually just mirror the phone to the TV.

npauls
12-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Roku boxes or firesticks are the way to go on an older tv. You can pick up the roku for around $30 quite often.

Fish along
12-18-2021, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys for the replies,I had a tecky feller come by and it just needed to update and sign back in, it's all working again now the missus can get back to watching her regular Netflix shows and I can rest in peace again lol.:) Merry Christmas.

Phil McCracken
12-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Many of the new TVs are "Smart TV". So no problems getting all these apps...correct me if I'm wrong...:)

flyrodfisher
12-18-2021, 07:29 PM
Many of the new TVs are "Smart TV". So no problems getting all these apps...correct me if I'm wrong...:)

The problem is the operating system on these smart tvs.
If the TV maker stops supporting/updating the Operating system on the tv....often the apps...such as Netflix no longer work.

The fix...either new tv, firestick, android box etc...

Phil McCracken
12-18-2021, 07:36 PM
The problem is the operating system on these smart tvs.
If the TV maker stops supporting/updating the Operating system on the tv....often the apps...such as Netflix no longer work.

The fix...either new tv, firestick, android box etc...

Duly noted...

Mine has worked for the past 4-5 years....so all good...:)

amosfella
12-18-2021, 08:02 PM
You're missing The Witcher. Better run out and get a new TV. :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Fish along
12-19-2021, 05:22 PM
You're missing The Witcher. Better run out and get a new TV. :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_sarcasticlol:

I should watch it.did you like it?:)

amosfella
12-19-2021, 09:53 PM
I should watch it.did you like it?:)

Second season just out was really good. Just finished watching it. Season 1 was hard to follow until you realized that the show till episode 6 was showing 3 different timelines. But I liked it anyways.

Season 1 is the only show that I watched all the way through 3 times in my life.