PDA

View Full Version : Canadian tire rod rack CRAP!

Cal
09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I bought a wall mounted rack to store my fishing rods in from canadian tire a couple months ago and figured I would let everyone know how terrible it is befor they make the same mistake. The model is called "Laqured Pine Wall Rack" it holds 6 rods and is made by "Organized Fishing". It concists of two peices, a bottom peice for the rods to rest on and a top piece that has holes cut in it for the rods to run through. Both peices are mounted to the wall by means of clips that slide over the heads of a couple screws. The problem is that if your screws are too tight you can not slide the clips over them and there is no way you can tighten the screws once the peices are installed. If you so much as bump a rod, let alone try to remove one from the rack the whole top peice slides off its screws and all your rods end up on the floor. Do yourself a favor and do not buy this garbage.

Penner
09-04-2009, 12:51 PM
In my opinion, the quality of the goods Crappy Tire sells it getting worse every year. The "Yardworks" line is gotta be the absolute crappiest stuff around. And if you try to return anything the store wants to know your entire life history including how much your left testicle weighs! No difference at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Rona, it’s all the same. The products suck, the line-ups are ridiculous, their under staffed… :mad2:I DESPISE BOX STORES:mad2:… and avoid them like the plague!

WayneChristie
09-04-2009, 01:30 PM
X2 on the yardworks crap, bought a self propelled mower last year, found out they didnt even carry drive belts for it, after taking it to a rental shop , who told me there was a major recall on them anyways. There was supposed to be a belt guard on the mower so it wouldnt break all the time, but the manufacturer never did install any. No notification from Crap Tire at all regarding this either. I will never buy anything made by Yardworks again for sure!!!!

DarkAisling
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
And if you try to return anything the store wants to know your entire life history including how much your left testicle weighs!

I had a really good "return" experience at Crappy Tire today. No box, no receipt . . . I thought I was screwed. The manager checked the computer against my credit card (they track all debit/credit purchases, FYI), discovered I'd purchased it in July, and promptly refunded the money to my credit card. It was a pair of Rapala pliers that fell apart.

I do know exactly what rod racks you're talking about, Cal. I've looked at them a couple of times, but as I know that hubby will have a cow if I take the dart board down to hang fishing rods, I haven't purchased one.

Yes, the products are getting worse and worse. In a lot of ways "we" have no one but ourselves to blame. "We" demand low prices and this pretty quickly filters into the quality of the products themselves. I can get pretty wound up and preachy when it comes to this stuff, so I'll do everyone a favour and keep my yap shut. Though since I've been on mat leave, I've been buying lots of stuff from the big cheap box stores.

Cal
09-04-2009, 06:03 PM
x3 on the yardworks. last year I bought a shovel, the very first time I used it to dig my truck out of a snowbank the pin that held the shovle head on broke, luckily I was in my work truck and could just use a welding rod to hold it togeather or else I would have been SOL. I dont mind returning stuff there though, true you've got to give them lots of info but the staff is so inexperienced you can return tools that show obvious signs of abuse and they wont even notice. Try doing that with snap-on.

BigBuck$
09-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Yardworks is junk for sure. I broke the cable that runs the safety on my lawnmower and they couldn't get me a replacement. The mower still ran good but you had to use a pair of pliers to shut it off. OK if you dont have kids and pets around

fisher Gord
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Cal you can take two pieces of 1x4 pine screw the bottom and top to the ends of the boards then mount them to the wall. not perfect but you salvage the holder and still protect your rods. I have made some like that out of red oak, look good.
Gord

Cal
09-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I had a couple ideas to modify that rack but your sounds like a pretty good one tks.

fishstix
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
They dont call it crappy tire for nothing.
I had a tune up done once at crappy tire. They managed to break my radiator and then park it outside. After i paid for the work done i went out to drive away. There was a stream of antifreeze pouring from my car. I went back in and told the service manager. His answer was "we didnt even work on that side of your engine." He tried to say that i probably brought it in that way.
What a group of pea brains!
Never go to canadian tire.

muskokagould
09-06-2009, 07:03 PM
you get what you pay for.

BBC0
09-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Do they sell anything in Canadian Tire that isn't made in China? My family has adopted the 'no chinese policy'. If it says made in China on it, it doesn't enter my house. It's not that they can't make decent stuff but they are unable to avoid cheating. Remember the lead in the toys from a few years back and the paint in the infant milk?

Sundancefisher
09-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Do they sell anything in Canadian Tire that isn't made in China? My family has adopted the 'no chinese policy'. If it says made in China on it, it doesn't enter my house. It's not that they can't make decent stuff but they are unable to avoid cheating. Remember the lead in the toys from a few years back and the paint in the infant milk?

I bought a manual dandylion removal tool and it broke after lending it to the neighbour. It said 10 year warranty on the packaging and I did not have the receipt any more. I took it back and woman at the counter said that was unfortunate it broke. Go get another. I did, I signed the exchange receipt and left. Took about 4 minutes.

Cal
09-07-2009, 04:48 PM
They dont call it crappy tire for nothing.
I had a tune up done once at crappy tire. They managed to break my radiator and then park it outside. After i paid for the work done i went out to drive away. There was a stream of antifreeze pouring from my car. I went back in and told the service manager. His answer was "we didnt even work on that side of your engine." He tried to say that i probably brought it in that way.
What a group of pea brains!
Never go to canadian tire.

Never EVER go to those clowns for anything more serious than a flat! I read an artical in reader's digest a few years back where they took a brand new car, rolled the odometer forwards, disconected a vaccume line, and then took the car to various shops to see who would hose them the worst. Crappy tire took the cake every time and some investigation showed that at many Canadian Tires the mechanics get payed a comission on the parts they sell:mad: Now if that isnt a system prone to promoting disshonesty than I dont know what is. If I ever need to get anything done by a mechanic I dont know I always ask for my old parts back in the box that the new part came in, if nothing else it lets them know I'll be checking their work and not just paying the bill without looking.

seahawkfisher
09-07-2009, 05:27 PM
i had some brake issues on a 94 explorer i used to have; they said i needed all new parts and that it would cost $1200. i looked over the estimate and they were charging me for 3 bottles of brake cleaner. i know that was only a small portion of the bill, but if i was getting all new parts, why did they need to use 3 bottles of cleaner on them? they claimedthat it was necessary for the instalation; i thought that it was a load of BS so i took it to speedy and they had me on the road for $145; turns out i had a leaky line and they recommended purging the whole system after replacing the line.

strange thing was, they didn't need any brake cleaner...

i'd rather go to a dealership than canadian tire
cheers