PDA

View Full Version : Weird neighbour.

sewerrat
12-18-2021, 11:16 PM
Any of you guys have a weird neighbour?

Well I have one of those guys, he is obsessed with leaf blowers, snow or not that big noisy blower goes for 2 hours straight, when he is done with that blower a smaller blower comes out and blows off the big blower.
In summer when he is done cutting his grass the blower comes out and he blows his entire lawn, even if there is a small leaf on his lawn the blower comes out.
He has 5 little kids they all sit on the back steps and watch him, they are not allowed to be on the lawn when he is doing yard work, in the winter you will not see a kid until spring when it gets warm and then they are being aired out for 1 hour, summer they maybe out for an hour or 2, the oldest kid is about 7 or 8, the youngest is 2 , I don’t think none of the kids go to school, they have no friends, and there are a lot of small kids in my hood that they could play with, they don’t even know how to ride a bike, I have never seen mom take them for walks in a stroller.Halloween the lights go off, they don’t take the kids around, I doubt the kids know what Christmas is.
He has a post in his backyard with 8 big flood lights that are on 24/7 it’s like a UFO is landing.

I have talked to him on a few occasions and seems nice but weird.
Just feel bad for the kids and his Philippino wife, that rarely comes out, he is an ex biker with a lot of bling on his face.

1cuz1
12-18-2021, 11:19 PM
One of the two of you definitely have a weird neighbor!....LOL

Sundancefisher
12-18-2021, 11:24 PM

Well I have one of those guys, he is obsessed with leaf blowers, snow or not that big noisy blower goes for 2 hours straight, when he is done with that blower a smaller blower comes out and blows off the big blower.
In summer when he is done cutting his grass the blower comes out and he blows his entire lawn, even if there is a small leaf on his lawn the blower comes out.
He has 5 little kids they all sit on the back steps and watch him, they are not allowed to be on the lawn when he is doing yard work, in the winter you will not see a kid until spring when it gets warm and then they are being aired out for 1 hour, summer they maybe out for an hour or 2, the oldest kid is about 7 or 8, the youngest is 2 , I don’t think none of the kids go to school, they have no friends, and there are a lot of small kids in my hood that they could play with, they don’t even know how to ride a bike, I have never seen mom take them for walks in a stroller.Halloween the lights go off, they don’t take the kids around, I doubt the kids know what Christmas is.
He has a post in his backyard with 8 big flood lights that are on 24/7 it’s like a UFO is landing.

Just feel bad for the kids and his Philippino wife, that rarely comes out, he is an ex biker with a lot of bling on his face.

Probably some guy complained he wasn’t looking after his yard well enough and now over does it?

Or maybe he’s super wealthy and he’s like your version of Forest Gump on a riding mower?

Maybe he was in an avalanche as a kid and now really hates snow?

Maybe you aren’t aware you do the same kinda stuff and he’s just trying to keep up with the Joneses?

Maybe he watched Pitch Black and thought it was a National Geographic special?

Maybe his wife demands a meticulous yard which in turn is why he has 5 kids?

Maybe his job is testing snow blowers and leaf blowers?

Maybe you are on the Truman show?

sewerrat
12-18-2021, 11:40 PM
Probably some guy complained he wasn’t looking after his yard well enough and now over does it?

Or maybe he’s super wealthy and he’s like your version of Forest Gump on a riding mower?

Maybe he was in an avalanche as a kid and now really hates snow?

Maybe you aren’t aware you do the same kinda stuff and he’s just trying to keep up with the Joneses?

Maybe he watched Pitch Black and thought it was a National Geographic special?

Maybe his wife demands a meticulous yard which in turn is why he has 5 kids?

Maybe his job is testing snow blowers and leaf blowers?

Maybe you are on the Truman show?

Ha ha

Dude is a renter,
Dude has no job, he worked at Superstore, got hurt tried to get WCB , and CERB and lots of child care money.

jstubbs
12-19-2021, 12:50 AM
Never had that one weird as OP.

But I did have a pretty weird one. Guy mainly left his house at night and I only saw him in daylight a handful of times in 15 years of living across the street. Blinds fully shut on all windows all year.

Here’s where it gets weird though: He never once put out garbage. Ever. Except one year, he got one of those 20 yard dumpster bins delivered, and proceeded to what look like gutted a fair amount of the house. But I never once saw anyone bring any materials inside.

We were all pretty sure it was a grow op, but he never caused any problems so nobody ever said anything.

bezzola
12-19-2021, 06:53 AM
I wish i had a one like that mine barely takes the garbage out

teledogs
12-19-2021, 07:00 AM
:thinking-006: We all have one...

bat119
12-19-2021, 07:30 AM
It could be worse we have a rental house across the alley, the tenants were gang members all dressed in red, 24 hour party going on cops were there at twice a week four or five cars at a time they asked for my CCTV footage twice.
:sign0176:
The mother would spend hours looking through rocks in the alley, never did figure out what she was looking for chalked it up to drug use, they finally left after one of her daughters stabbed her.
She survived the attack, after the ambulance left there were two police cars parked front and back securing the scene until the forensics crew arrived the next day.

A couple young guys live there now both cabinet makers very friendly and hard working big difference.

58thecat
12-19-2021, 07:47 AM
Someone seems obsessed with their neighbour...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

DiabeticKripple
12-19-2021, 08:01 AM
had kind of an introverted couple living next to me the last few years. The dad would talk once in a while but i never once spoke to the mom. Only waved a couple times when she saw me waving at her.

new neighbours moved in this summer, havent had a conversation yet. While they were moving in I went over and said hi, got a cold shoulder and he scuttled into the house. I see him quite often but he never even so much as looks my way. Weird.

Neighbours across the street are awesome

Jims83cj5
12-19-2021, 08:17 AM

I have this weird neighbor that always watch’s me blow off my grass with my leaf blower, kids have allergies so it reduces their flare ups when I blow off the grass after mowing, he then watches me clean off the big leaf blower to remove pollen so I can store it in the garage. Even in the winter he stares at me cleaning off snow, I do a good job as there are lots of young families with strollers in the area. Wish my wife could walk with a stroller her back is so bad. Alway staring at my 5 kids so I have to keep them inside or supervise limited time outside, he is one weird dude, even put security lights in my back yard cuz my wife is scared of him, she is from the Philippines and is pretty nervous here., jus sayin

Mavrick
12-19-2021, 08:28 AM
I try watching my neighbors to see what their doing, but they are to far away for my spotting scope. So I just jump on the quad and run down for coffee and ask him what his up to. He’s a weird kind of guy, puts cream and sugar in his coffee.

sewerrat
12-19-2021, 08:29 AM
I have this weird neighbor that always watch’s me blow off my grass with my leaf blower, kids have allergies so it reduces their flare ups when I blow off the grass after mowing, he then watches me clean off the big leaf blower to remove pollen so I can store it in the garage. Even in the winter he stares at me cleaning off snow, I do a good job as there are lots of young families with strollers in the area. Wish my wife could walk with a stroller her back is so bad. Alway staring at my 5 kids so I have to keep them inside or supervise limited time outside, he is one weird dude, even put security lights in my back yard cuz my wife is scared of him, she is from the Philippines and is pretty nervous here., jus sayin
Yea,
weird behaviour isn’t it.

Lornce
12-19-2021, 08:35 AM
When we lived in NW Calgary we had a series of renters that came and went. Most for very short stints. One stands out. A middle-eastern couple that always seemed to have a host of different "relatives" staying with them. One day (this was when my kids were still small) a live lamb appeared in the backyard. A little bundle of joy hopping around. Kids thought it was great feeding it grass and petting it through the broken fence as did the homeowners kids on both sides of the neighbor.

Well, one day the neighbor clan gathered in the back yard for some kind of a do, strung up the screaming lamb by pins through the back legs, and proceeded to butcher it live, doing a very inept slow job. The poor little animal lived way too long with innards removed before being cut up for the BBQ. Quite the spectacle and to the horror for kids on both sides.

Raised on the farm we always dispatched animals as painless as possible. Even after the people moved out a few months later bits of bloody lamb wool still drifted around the yards. Our kids named them the "Lamberts" a name that stuck and elicits a weird kind of sick joke when mentioned.

Larry.S
12-19-2021, 08:39 AM
Had a neighbor in Edmonton years ago we called “pressure washer guy”. Constantly using his machine to wash all manner of things. Was Constant Spring, summer, fall. I’m hindsight I should have parked my truck out front of his place and tried to get a free wash.

Tfng
12-19-2021, 08:44 AM
Just be glad I’m not your neighbour. Leaf blower guy is a walk in the park comparatively.

Grizzly Adams1
12-19-2021, 08:52 AM
One of the two of you definitely have a weird neighbor!....LOL

And the other has too much time on his hands. :lol:

Grizz

Dean2
12-19-2021, 09:05 AM
https://i.imgur.com/lXiuDfT.jpg

waldedw
12-19-2021, 09:23 AM
Every neighborhood has at least one weird guy in it, if you can't figure out who it is maybe its ...... YOU :thinking-006:

omega50
12-19-2021, 09:38 AM
Yup. Loves to woodwork.From July to Sept almost every Saturday evening at 6pm til dark He sets up his tablesaw and homemade dust collection shopvac in his backyard..
Scurries round with a headlamp putting it all away about midnight.

We used to host bbq's on Saturdays, but competing with the table saw ripping scrap wood for 5 hours had us rethink that.
Think it is his escape from his wife.

Once watched him stand for an hour on his gravel parking pad with a long deck screw in his drill driver.Pointed up and feathering trigger to rotate the screw as slowly as possible. Totally lost in thought and oblivious that we were all watching from our patio

creeky
12-19-2021, 10:02 AM
The question is: " who is watching the watchers" ?. lol.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tri777
12-19-2021, 10:09 AM
"I have this weird neighbor that always watch’s me blow off my grass with my leaf blower, kids have allergies
so it reduces their flare ups when I blow off the grass after mowing, he then watches me clean off the big
leaf blower to remove pollen so I can store it in the garage. Even in the winter he stares at me cleaning off
snow, I do a good job as there are lots of young families with strollers in the area. Wish my wife could
walk with a stroller her back is so bad. Alway staring at my 5 kids so I have to keep them inside or supervise
limited time outside, he is one weird dude, even put security lights in my back yard cuz my wife is scared
of him, she is from the Philippines and is pretty nervous here., jus sayin"

(Above neighbour)

Update:
"Well today I joined this AO forum, while browsing through it this morning (after using my leaf blower),
I see a new thread has been posted, frankly, I am now totally creeped out, I am shocked & convinced it's
me being described as said 'weird neighbour'.. anyone know of a good company that installs quality
8ft fences ?"

(J/k sewer rat) :)

HyperMOA
12-19-2021, 10:16 AM
Every neighborhood has at least one weird guy in it, if you can't figure out who it is maybe its ...... YOU :thinking-006:

Ahhhh damn it!!! I have pretty damn good neighbours!!! I knew there was a reason why I try to sneak animal quarters and heads around with none of them seeing.

tirebob
12-19-2021, 10:34 AM
Not so much weird neighbours, but neighbourhood.

We lived in a cul-de-sac neighbourhood in Calgary for 5 years and I swear, all that time, going outside to the back yard, park (which was right next to me on the one side), cars, shovelling, or whatever, never once did a neighbour ever try to chat. Ever... If you accidentally made eye contact it was like you caught them doing something illegal and they would get all nervous and sketchy and try and remove themselves from your presence as fast as humanly possible.

Not like we really complained as working with the public day in and day out it was nice to get home and just be left to your own devices for a bit but we always joked about it and made a point to never instigate a conversation just to see how long it would be before someone finally struck up a conversation.

It ended up feeling like normal and then we bought a house in a bit of an older neighbourhood in Airdrie. The very day we are moving in I am in the shop which opens to the alley getting some stuff put away and organized, I had different visits from 3 of the neighbourhood men all coming over with a six pack or a bottle all coming by to introduce themselves, shake hands, have a cold one, and just BS a bit. Everyone of them offered to help if anything was ever needed, and all were just all around decent folks.

That was when I realized how weird my previous neighbourhood seemed haha!

Ackleyman
12-19-2021, 10:59 AM
Had a Brit move in close to me and he come over one summer day when i was in garage. And proceeded to get plastered. No prob , we all probably been there the odd time, he walked back home like bambi on ice and no big deal. Then things got weird. His wife come over one night at close to midnight in her house coat.... crying and scared. He had gone ballistic and literally smashed everything in house. She punted him got the restraining order and the rest. Time went by and he showed up one night after supper...hammered...and he drove. I got his kid to come over and haul him away.
A month went by and ding dong ding dong about 11:30 at night on a weekday he's on my front step with a jug of porch climber. Wife was freaked out so i stepped outside , he was drunk but not his usual really drunk.
I just told him if you keep doing this sheet your going directly to the hospital now get the *&%^$# home. He left and I have never seen the man again.
There was a spot in my heart when i thought about that guy how alcohol ruined his life. Sad.

chris762
12-19-2021, 11:04 AM
It is a blessing when you have good neighbors, and a shame if they end up moving.

Jayhad
12-19-2021, 11:08 AM
man can you believe what they are teaching in schools now a days

https://www.weareteachers.com/help-kids-mind-their-own-business/

Sundancefisher
12-19-2021, 11:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/lXiuDfT.jpg

Hey honey. Take the three kids outside and clean up the yard and see if that weird neighbour watches you again.

Sundancefisher
12-19-2021, 11:17 AM
Had a Brit move in close to me and he come over one summer day when i was in garage. And proceeded to get plastered. No prob , we all probably been there the odd time, he walked back home like bambi on ice and no big deal. Then things got weird. His wife come over one night at close to midnight in her house coat.... crying and scared. He had gone ballistic and literally smashed everything in house. She punted him got the restraining order and the rest. Time went by and he showed up one night after supper...hammered...and he drove. I got his kid to come over and haul him away.
A month went by and ding dong ding dong about 11:30 at night on a weekday he's on my front step with a jug of porch climber. Wife was freaked out so i stepped outside , he was drunk but not his usual really drunk.
I just told him if you keep doing this sheet your going directly to the hospital now get the *&%^$# home. He left and I have never seen the man again.
There was a spot in my heart when i thought about that guy how alcohol ruined his life. Sad.

Hopefully people call the cops when they know someone drove drunk.

I’ve never had a bad drinker near me although I had an apartment manager who was drunk 24/7. Wife was sober and did most of the work.

270person
12-19-2021, 11:19 AM
Not the neighbour so much but the neighbours kid. Pulled up into the driveway with the family on board one evening and this bizarre 12 yr old stands up in slow motion from the middle of our large front yard mugo pine. Face paint. US Army helmet with the camo leaves hanging off it, full army camo head to toe and holding a bb gun. It was like watching Rambo rise from the river in slow motion with his chain gun.

Got the kids inside in case he was serious about plinking and told them to keep distance between themselves and Donny in future. Thankfully we had no bell towers in the area.

Savage Bacon
12-19-2021, 11:44 AM
For a while I thought I was the weird neighbour. Smoking cigars and drinking beer while mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, or blankly staring at my house from the sidewalk with a measuring tape in hand and a doobie in my mouth, mentally designing my deck. Or starting the old heavy chevy, or one of the Harleys at 6:30 in the morning to go to work, waking everyone up as I idle down the street.

I rolled into to the gas station one morning. Hot rod chevy sounding like PAP PAP, RAP PAP, PAP PAP. A nice lady came up and said "nice truck, I bet your neighbours love you"

But they all do love me. They're all straight arrows. And everyone is always waving and saying hi. Or chatting for a minute when passing by.

I realized I'm not the weird neighbour, I'm the cool neighbour. :cool:

urban rednek
12-19-2021, 11:53 AM
Weird? Or crazy like a fox? :thinking-006:

Grizzly Adams1
12-19-2021, 12:02 PM
Not so much weird neighbours, but neighbourhood.

We lived in a cul-de-sac neighbourhood in Calgary for 5 years and I swear, all that time, going outside to the back yard, park (which was right next to me on the one side), cars, shovelling, or whatever, never once did a neighbour ever try to chat. Ever... If you accidentally made eye contact it was like you caught them doing something illegal and they would get all nervous and sketchy and try and remove themselves from your presence as fast as humanly possible.

Not like we really complained as working with the public day in and day out it was nice to get home and just be left to your own devices for a bit but we always joked about it and made a point to never instigate a conversation just to see how long it would be before someone finally struck up a conversation.

It ended up feeling like normal and then we bought a house in a bit of an older neighbourhood in Airdrie. The very day we are moving in I am in the shop which opens to the alley getting some stuff put away and organized, I had different visits from 3 of the neighbourhood men all coming over with a six pack or a bottle all coming by to introduce themselves, shake hands, have a cold one, and just BS a bit. Everyone of them offered to help if anything was ever needed, and all were just all around decent folks.

That was when I realized how weird my previous neighbourhood seemed haha!

I think big cities make weird people, towns not so much. A good reason to get out.

Grizz

JD848
12-19-2021, 12:03 PM
I got a guy who lives across the road and does that suck like to tilt back the jug, hammered he doesn't know where he's at.

Never drives just stumble's around singing and laughing about life ,all the folks around are fed up with him. Sometimes he's just loud.

Finally one night he was hammered and I called him over for a few shot's , man that dude made me laugh so hard i cried.

The next day we had a bit of a chat and after that he went to all the neighbors and apologized for his drunken ways. Now anyone in the area needs a hand he's right there ,help's me out with anything i need help with and yes i do buy him a bottle or a case of beer for his help. He goes to work 5 days a week.

He is only 28 and hell when i was drinking i was no saint ,i find folks judge others to easily . If the guy wants to party ,get drunk, sing ,slit his pants ,puke in the toilet and slit in the sink i could care less.

Some hypocrites that never took a drink or did any drugs are the ones who are more messed up the most, there brain box never could handle a hard ride. Those are the neighbors i watch , rats most of the time who will call the cops for anything . Or sell you something just to burn you for a buck .

Just because your living does mean you've lived life to the fullest.

Live your own life and lets others be ,something this country has forgotten to do.

JD

270person
12-19-2021, 12:21 PM
I think big cities make weird people, towns not so much. A good reason to get out.

Grizz

You obviously have not done a lot of knocking on doors for hunting permission. :) I've been places where I could hear the banjos from the entrance to the property. And those are some fine houses and yards too. Sheesh.

Squeal boy.

Smokinyotes
12-19-2021, 12:26 PM
My nephew had some neighbors on one side that were trying to get their car going when it was -40. He went and told them they should plug it in for awhile. They replied to him “it’s not electric”. The neighbors on the other side were renters. They were so lazy, instead of cutting the grass they just sprayed the yard with round up. He sold the house and moved.

Positrac
12-19-2021, 12:36 PM
We live in a cul-de-sac. All the neighbours over 40 seem normal and they all pop by to say hi when I’m out in the yard. The rest are Millennials and they won’t even look up from their phones when they drive by….

Talking moose
12-19-2021, 12:53 PM
they won’t even look up from their phones when they drive by….

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Outbound
12-19-2021, 12:58 PM
Not the neighbour so much but the neighbours kid. Pulled up into the driveway with the family on board one evening and this bizarre 12 yr old stands up in slow motion from the middle of our large front yard mugo pine. Face paint. US Army helmet with the camo leaves hanging off it, full army camo head to toe and holding a bb gun. It was like watching Rambo rise from the river in slow motion with his chain gun.

Got the kids inside in case he was serious about plinking and told them to keep distance between themselves and Donny in future. Thankfully we had no bell towers in the area.

Unless the kid is actually plinking at people, I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably just having fun playing Army. Hell, when I was 8 - 12 years old my friends and I played Navy SEALs in the neighborhood with black painted airsoft guns, face paint, webbing etc.

My neighbors are great. Nice lady on one side who happens to be our insurance broker, we trade yardcare tips and baking. Girl in her late 20's and her early 20's brother living on the other side. Both are hard working, hey don't party at all, it's a race to see who can clear the other's driveway first and beer swaps happen on the regular.

The closest we've gotten to an issue was when one guy across the street in one of the rentals decided to dump his garbage in our bin, leaving the lid half open and prone to blowing all over the street. The wife caught him in the act and asked him nicely to not do that if doing so would leave the lid open, we didn't care if there was room in the bin and he missed pickup (they go down his side first, come down ours about 2 hours later). He copped an attitude and started being a ***** to her as I happened to wander out of the garage. I grabbed his bag, carried it across the street and chunked it through his open front door where it spilled all over the floor. Told him if he ever talks to my wife that way again, or ever puts his garbage in my bin again, we're gonna have a problem. Haven't heard from him since, and the odd time I see him he scurries straight from his car into his house. After chatting with a couple other neighbors on the street, he'd had similar run ins with most of them and is now the local pariah. Too bad for him, all he had to do was be civil.

densa44
12-19-2021, 01:08 PM
I really worry about the kids in a home like that. The rub with home schooling is that the parents don’t have to be qualified as teachers or anything else.

tirebob
12-19-2021, 01:45 PM
I heard about this one dude... gets his kid to pull out her cell phone, grabs his shotgun and goes hunting wasps! Seriously... Walks up to a wasp nest and blasts that sucker to kingdom come! Who does that?? Crazy bugger probably put it up on You tube and everything!

Oh... Wait... That mighta been one of our lot! :scared0018:

:love0025:

stuckincity
12-19-2021, 01:50 PM
So what do ya do with a 20-year-next-door-neighbor who always wants to "help" even if we don't want any "help" with what we're doing; or what other neighbors were doing?

We couldn't "get mad" at him because when any of us genuinely needed help with anything, especially vehicle issues (he was a old experienced heavy-duty mechanic), he was always willing to give us exactly what we needed to deal with any problems, without expecting anything in return.

The "weird" part was when any of us were doing something perfectly legal that he didn't 'approve' of, he'd always start with, "Its none of my business, but...." and then explain why wanted to make it his business like some kind of 'Lord of the Manor' and why we should never do it. ('The Manor' being the whole neighborhood) :D

Don't get me wrong, we all liked the old guy and would happily help him whenever he needed any in return for him helping us, but with me alone having to deal with his "best" ideas and opinions for 20 years next door took a lotta of 'dancing around' all kinds of issues. :sign0068:

MountainTi
12-19-2021, 01:58 PM
You obviously have not done a lot of knocking on doors for hunting permission. :) I've been places where I could hear the banjos from the entrance to the property. And those are some fine houses and yards too. Sheesh.

Squeal boy.

Did it get you the desired permission though?

KegRiver
12-19-2021, 01:59 PM
I have the best neighbors.

There is not one within ten miles of me that would not drop what they are doing and come to my aid if I needed it.

It's been that way everywhere I have lived in the Peace River district.

Even in Wetaskiwn we had good neighbors for the most part. And also in Vancouver when we lived there.

In fact the only weird neighbor I have personal experience with was my x wife.
She had issues that sometimes spilled over onto our neighbors.

Mr Conservation
12-19-2021, 02:14 PM
Not necessarily a weird neighbour, but definitely a lazy neighbour. Single mother - the oldest boy (early 30's) lives with his girlfriend but spends most time at home. Youngest boy (late 20's) still lives at home. Both mother and youngest work at McDonalds.

Yard work is just not their idea. Some times the back yard grass gets so long, they have to use a weed whacker to get it short enough to cut with a lawn mower. One spring their front lawn got so long I mentioned to neighbours that if it isn't cut soon, I will do it. I did end up cutting their lawn, but no one ever told them who did it.

We have a small common area between driveways. If I am cutting my lawn, I will cut the whole common area. If they are cutting the lawn, they will only cut to the property line....

Several years ago, I had my back yard landscaped. Dug down to solid soil, filled and contoured with landscape sand, then covered in sod. With the prevailing winds blowing from the neighbours yard, into my back yard, their dandelion and weed problem became mine. My back yard is such a mess now that I need to re-do the sod.

On garbage / recycling days they take their bins out first thing in the morning. Problem is the empty bins are left out for several days. Neighbours want to start a weekly pool to seen when they will bring in their bins :sHa_sarcasticlol: Once, after several days, one neighbour even moved the bins to block the driveway, which forced them to bring them in.

With all this being said, they are friendly, and will stop to chat if you are outside. Just wish they would take more pride in their yard, as everyone in the neighbourhhood strives to have a clean well kept yard.

Mr Conservation

Bushleague
12-19-2021, 02:19 PM
Unless the kid is actually plinking at people, I wouldn't worry about it. He's probably just having fun playing Army. Hell, when I was 8 - 12 years old my friends and I played Navy SEALs in the neighborhood with black painted airsoft guns, face paint, webbing etc.

My neighbors are great. Nice lady on one side who happens to be our insurance broker, we trade yardcare tips and baking. Girl in her late 20's and her early 20's brother living on the other side. Both are hard working, hey don't party at all, it's a race to see who can clear the other's driveway first and beer swaps happen on the regular.

The closest we've gotten to an issue was when one guy across the street in one of the rentals decided to dump his garbage in our bin, leaving the lid half open and prone to blowing all over the street. The wife caught him in the act and asked him nicely to not do that if doing so would leave the lid open, we didn't care if there was room in the bin and he missed pickup (they go down his side first, come down ours about 2 hours later). He copped an attitude and started being a ***** to her as I happened to wander out of the garage. I grabbed his bag, carried it across the street and chunked it through his open front door where it spilled all over the floor. Told him if he ever talks to my wife that way again, or ever puts his garbage in my bin again, we're gonna have a problem. Haven't heard from him since, and the odd time I see him he scurries straight from his car into his house. After chatting with a couple other neighbors on the street, he'd had similar run ins with most of them and is now the local pariah. Too bad for him, all he had to do was be civil.

Lol that last story reminds me of one of the most hilarious incidents I've ever had with a Neighbor, sorry if this is a bit wordy but it definitely deserves embellishment...

Late in the evening my dog starts barking, at that point we had a drug dealer a few properties over and shifty guys cruising around at odd times so I hurried outside... in just my boxer briefs. There was a strange truck in my drive, so I stood on the porch giving him the stink eye and making sure he's just turning around and not scoping my place out, in just my underwear.

I live in the country and have a pretty long drive, after having backed down it about half way he accidently ran over one of my wife's planters beside the drive... he pulls forwards, I figure he's going to apologize and I'll just tell him its ok... all the sudden he throws the truck in reverse and just guns it down the drive, and for some reason I just totally snapped!! I think at that point I decided he couldnt be up to any good, and all the rage I've ever felt at all the criminals that ever ripped me off just boiled right over.

So I'm chasing buddy down the drive yelling terrible things at him, in just my underwear, and right before he got to the road I caught him. Now I'm not super proud of this next part, but I started beating on his hood with both hands, looking him square in the eyes through the windshield and just screaming foul things at him, in just my underwear.

When I'd done a fair bit of venting I started walking up the drive, I'd hear the odd chirp out the driver's window and turn around and give him another earful. Finally I heard him say "Man, all I wanted was a shower"... Say what?

Now I still really dont know the truth of this next part, as it still doesnt make sense on a lot of levels, but he claims his water isnt working and he thought my place belonged to a friend of his (really?) and he needed a shower. I do know that the house that I learned he lived in did have the yard all dug up, so I dunno, whatever... anyhow, at that moment I calmed right down... like instantly... and dead calm I politely ask him if he would like to come in and take a shower... in just my underwear. And at that instant I think I truly scared the living crap out of him, he gave me a funny look and just gunned the truck out of there. He's gone out of his way to steer clear of me ever since, but if he ever does talk to me again I'm going to tell him "I waited all night in the shower for you, but you never showed up..."

So yeah, in my neck of the woods I'm for sure the weird neighbor.

270person
12-19-2021, 02:44 PM
Did it get you the desired permission though?

I can't say. I kinda blacked out for a few minutes.

Lucky for me my buddy had his bow with him.

Twisted Canuck
12-19-2021, 02:45 PM
I heard about this one dude... gets his kid to pull out her cell phone, grabs his shotgun and goes hunting wasps! Seriously... Walks up to a wasp nest and blasts that sucker to kingdom come! Who does that?? Crazy bugger probably put it up on You tube and everything!

Oh... Wait... That mighta been one of our lot! :scared0018:

:love0025:

Hey now! I resemble that remark!! And it was good clean fun.

1shotwade
12-19-2021, 04:13 PM
The one next door to me is a strange bird. Since he built his house he has never parked on his driveway and has a sign saying no parking soft surface. He told me concrete cant take the weight and will crack. His sidewalk had a little crack on it and he replaced the whole driveway and sidewalk. They park in front of my driveway constantly its a on going drama of 5 years!!:angry3:

does it ALL outdoors
12-19-2021, 04:19 PM
It is a blessing when you have good neighbors, and a shame if they end up moving.

I've been totally blessed with awesome neighbors.

Everyone's friendly with everyone and most importantly, everyone minds their own business. Nothing I hate more than a nosey neighbor.

A few of them park their gigantic 5'th wheels on the street all summer, all the slides out and plugged in, and nobody rats on anyone, it's beautiful.

In the winter whoever breaks out their snow blower first always does the whole block's sidewalks.

A few of the kids have mini quads and a few other motor toys and they use them all day long and again, nobody rats on anybody, everyone minds their own business it's a thing of beauty.

Last winter I pulled my sled off the trailer and gave all the neighbor kids rides, I was out there for 3 or 4 hours running up and down the front street. One of the neighbors said if we tried that at his old place the cops would of been there before the sled was warmed up.

Four houses at the end of the block rebuilt their fences this summer past, you wouldn't believe how quick it got done with most of the neighborhood helping out. Whoever wasn't helping build the fence was running a BBQ keeping everyone fed or filling coolers with Gatorade and beer, it was like a block party.

A house across the street just sold and the new owners are reclusive and despite a bunch of neighbors introducing themselves they don't interact with anyone, and that's fine, not everyone wants to be friends with their neighbors. We are all hopeful that they see what we have going on and fit in and don't start tipping the apple cart.

I am incredibly grateful for all my neighbors, especially when threads pop up about difficult neighbors or just straight up jerks being jerks.

Ken3134
12-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Lol that last story reminds me of one of the most hilarious incidents I've ever had with a Neighbor, sorry if this is a bit wordy but it definitely deserves embellishment...

Late in the evening my dog starts barking, at that point we had a drug dealer a few properties over and shifty guys cruising around at odd times so I hurried outside... in just my boxer briefs. There was a strange truck in my drive, so I stood on the porch giving him the stink eye and making sure he's just turning around and not scoping my place out, in just my underwear.

I live in the country and have a pretty long drive, after having backed down it about half way he accidently ran over one of my wife's planters beside the drive... he pulls forwards, I figure he's going to apologize and I'll just tell him its ok... all the sudden he throws the truck in reverse and just guns it down the drive, and for some reason I just totally snapped!! I think at that point I decided he couldnt be up to any good, and all the rage I've ever felt at all the criminals that ever ripped me off just boiled right over.

So I'm chasing buddy down the drive yelling terrible things at him, in just my underwear, and right before he got to the road I caught him. Now I'm not super proud of this next part, but I started beating on his hood with both hands, looking him square in the eyes through the windshield and just screaming foul things at him, in just my underwear.

When I'd done a fair bit of venting I started walking up the drive, I'd hear the odd chirp out the driver's window and turn around and give him another earful. Finally I heard him say "Man, all I wanted was a shower"... Say what?

Now I still really dont know the truth of this next part, as it still doesnt make sense on a lot of levels, but he claims his water isnt working and he thought my place belonged to a friend of his (really?) and he needed a shower. I do know that the house that I learned he lived in did have the yard all dug up, so I dunno, whatever... anyhow, at that moment I calmed right down... like instantly... and dead calm I politely ask him if he would like to come in and take a shower... in just my underwear. And at that instant I think I truly scared the living crap out of him, he gave me a funny look and just gunned the truck out of there. He's gone out of his way to steer clear of me ever since, but if he ever does talk to me again I'm going to tell him "I waited all night in the shower for you, but you never showed up..."

So yeah, in my neck of the woods I'm for sure the weird neighbor.

Lmao!

I once had a neighbour next to me, with two big German Shepards, yard work was unpopular and not a word of a lie there was not a three inch square of the lawn that wasn’t covered with dog crap. You’d need a few trips with a wheelbarrow to haul it away, grass was seldom cut.

lmtada
12-19-2021, 05:19 PM
My neighbor similar, except he weighs 350lbs. Thinks he’s sexy. Loves his leaf blower. Never uses shovel in winter. He Looks like kojack. Except kojack was smart, enjoyed lollipops. My 350lb neighbor wears only shorts 🩳 in summer. Scared…Women drive by extra fast.

Ken07AOVette
12-19-2021, 06:22 PM
We have a wonderful new neighbor. We share the back alley. He bought his place, which nobody knew was for sale for $25g. He said he needed a little place away from his filipino wife and her small kids in Lloydminster. He is 63. It came with a older mobile home, 3 sheds and 1 acre. Immediately he fenced the entire thing with 6" posts and 4" cage wire. Then he got a pit bull and planted 30 'medicine plants' which he blocked off from view from the street with pallets. This fall after his personal use medicine only garden was harvested he bought a brand new SUV.
Now he is all paranoid, the pit bull barks all day and night, what an awesome new neighbor. I may put in a 8' nuisance fence, solid wood next year. They aren't legal but neither are pitbulls Herr, and my fence won't kill people.

calgarychef
12-19-2021, 06:24 PM

Grizz

Har har… every small town is filled with loonies.

Sundancefisher
12-19-2021, 07:49 PM
I really put this thread to thought. Pondered long and hard on it. I was outside in the front yard and some of the neighbours had gathered to check out a guys new truck.

I thought why not see what they thought.

So I asked have they ever had one of those weird neighbours that they just aren’t comfortable around?

They couldn’t think of any as they just stared at their feet in deep thought, shuffling their feet at little this way and a little that, unable to even make eye contact they were thinking so hard.

After a while of silence I just went back to running my slow blower and leaf blower. Gotta get the driveway completely clear of ice and snow.

I figure eventually they will let me know.

Red Bullets
12-19-2021, 08:05 PM
Great stories about the realities of being part of the clan. The Doors said it well. "People are strange, when you're a stranger."

Funny, in my experience, when I was on the farm my nearest neighbors were 1/2 mile away. And two neighboring farms were owned by relatives. The one cousin had a 5000 watt pro DJ sound system. A couple times a year he would have parties and he would have the music cranked for a whole weekend. Could hear it from 2 to 3 miles away. I was only a half mile away.

When I moved ot the city I lived on the 15th floor of a highrise overlooking the river valley. It was very quiet and nice. Next to the highrise was another highrise. Directly across from me with both our windows and balconies facing each other lived a nice looking lady. when I moved in she was quick to wave and say hi from her balcony. Now the weird part... she never closed her curtains or blinds and one day I noticed her and she was quite naked. For the couple years I lived there I think I saw her wearing clothes once or twice. And she, all of her, would always wave hi when she saw me. Was a pretty nice neighbor.

Then I moved to a condo and I found my new weird neighbor. She's another knock out gorgeous young gal that is really friendly. She so weird she even teases me sometimes by asking how she looks when she's going out. I usually just drool my approval. And the other neighbor next to me is a pretty young lady that is very friendly too and has even brought me baked good treats.

I almost forgot, if I look from my balcony now about 150 yards away there is a pole dancing studio with big bay windows. Most of the time their curtains are opened too. Can't help but notice even from a distance.

So far I'm enjoying the urban condo neighbor experience. :free-scared-smileys :medium-smiley-035:

Ken07AOVette
12-19-2021, 08:19 PM
I really put this thread to thought. Pondered long and hard on it. I was outside in the front yard and some of the neighbours had gathered to check out a guys new truck.

I thought why not see what they thought.

So I asked have they ever had one of those weird neighbours that they just aren’t comfortable around?

They couldn’t think of any as they just stared at their feet in deep thought, shuffling their feet at little this way and a little that, unable to even make eye contact they were thinking so hard.

After a while of silence I just went back to running my slow blower and leaf blower. Gotta get the driveway completely clear of ice and snow.

I figure eventually they will let me know.

Haha too good 😄

Well thought out, I like it lol

Hooter
12-19-2021, 08:20 PM

🤣

I see what you did there…wish I was that witty!

whitetail Junkie
12-19-2021, 08:36 PM
Im surrounded by liberals so I’m sure they think I’m the wierd neighbour as I’m cleaning skulls/gutting fish/bringing dead things home year round and I’m sure they have seen there share of it but don’t ever bring it up to me....aswell nothing like getting off a night shift and BBQing on the deck at 7AM when they are going to work in the morning as that gets a lot of looks...lol

270person
12-19-2021, 08:41 PM
Have had good neighbours for the most part. One many years ago next door that used to think it was ok for his dog to take a dump in my front yard if there was snow to cover things and I didn't see it happen.

We came to an agreement one -30 day when I decided to fire up the snowblower and do my front lawn. There's something about frozen dog crap ricocheting off aluminum siding and hitting shingles that gets a guys attention I guess. Never had a problem after that. Pretty sure he didn't enjoying cleaning his eavestroughs much that spring tho.

Sundancefisher
12-19-2021, 08:42 PM
Years back we had a lower apartment neighbour who had wired every room for his karaoke machine.

He would sing Hotel California probably 20 times a day.

He lost his damage deposit according to the building manager.

thumper
12-19-2021, 08:49 PM
Live & let live. I like living in a cul-de-sac. Everyone faces everyone else and we all keep an eye out for everyone else. There's a couple of renters, but most are long term 20 years +, some 30+ years. We've watched lots of families grow up, and road hockey, learning how to ride a bike, fixing up old cars - always something going on. When we had a convertible BMW, my wife would take all the little girls out to Dairy Queen for ice cream cones. One guy used to collect old tractors, and park them on his front lawn - he'd fire one up and give the kids a ride around the cul-de-sac (and around, and around, and around - but they had fun) Sure we get the odd guy who likes to warm up his diesel truck for 1/2 an hour until the cul-de-sac is smoked out (no mosquitos!), one guy keeps a few illegal chickens in his yard (gives the kids a lot of fun rounding them up when they escape). One seems to grow dandelions for a hobby, a few guys park all of their vehicles (working or not), on the street. But a landscaper neighbour keeps our road clear of snow, or everyone pitches in to push a stuck car out or jump start one that won't start and if you come home with blood dripping out of your pickup bed, there'll be a bunch of guys right there to have a look-see at what you got and help you unload! It's not unusual to see one guy heading over to another's place with an elk 1/4 over his shoulder as a gift. Lots of tools and expertise shared. We don't sweat the small stuff, usually talk out any problems, and bylaw is seldom needed. Some of us are kinda weird, but all of us are tolerant!

FXSB
12-19-2021, 08:56 PM
My mother was close to ninety living on her own in a house. The nice young fellows across the lane used to look after her yard, shovel the snow and offer to help out with odd jobs.

One day she saw them in the newspaper. They had been arrested for trafficking with a large amount of non pot drugs and illegal fire arms including a Mac 10.

She didn't feel fear about them living there. She said they were always nice to her.

nelsonob1
12-19-2021, 10:00 PM
I have this weird guy watching me and my kids all the time so I keep them inside as much as possible. I like to keep my yard tidy and use my leaf blower lots but every time I do it, I see him watching me and my Filipino wife through his curtains. Wouldn't surprise me if he was posting **** about us on line with his gun toting buddies.

Phil McCracken
12-20-2021, 05:56 AM
I have this weird guy watching me and my kids all the time so I keep them inside as much as possible. I like to keep my yard tidy and use my leaf blower lots but every time I do it, I see him watching me and my Filipino wife through his curtains. Wouldn't surprise me if he was posting **** about us on line with his gun toting buddies.

Love it...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

newdrenalin
12-20-2021, 06:40 AM

Hahahahahaha

cody j
12-20-2021, 06:46 AM
A pic of my neighbours field, no leafblowers, maybe he’s up to something else?

elkhunter11
12-20-2021, 06:50 AM

:sHa_sarcasticlol: :sHa_sarcasticlol: The other side of the story.

58thecat
12-20-2021, 07:06 AM

Ohhh my....

:)

Just think without neighbours most wouldn’t have a hobby:sHa_sarcasticlol:

flydude
12-20-2021, 08:20 AM
I can't say. I kinda blacked out for a few minutes.

Lucky for me my buddy had his bow with him.

:lol:

campingnut
12-20-2021, 08:44 AM
Reading these story’s makes me miss my old neighbourhood in Sherwood park, I knew 75% of the street and beers and bbq were always going summer and winter. If you walked by and the garage doors were open you had to stop for a beer, I still need to drop keys off for a few houses that I had from looking after places when people went on holidays.
Now my closest neighbors are 1/2 mile away and don’t live there full time, just a country retreat for days off.
Don’t miss the city though and I spend a lot less at can tire

jpohlic
12-20-2021, 08:54 AM
My next door neighbor annoys the pizz out of me when he trims his grass. He's got an electric grass trimmer but instead of holding the trigger down like normal folks and just letting it run, he'll pull the trigger for 1/2 sec bursts over and over and over. Bzzzz, bzzzzzz, bzzzz, bzzzz, bzzzzz

scesfiremedic
12-20-2021, 09:26 AM
I had a neighbor who would mow his lawn at 7 am religiously- problem was me and the wife were shift workers. I tried speaking to him and he immediately got defensive and said ‘ bylaw says I can make noise from 7 am -10 pm”.
Winter time he shoveled his backyard snow off grass into wheelbarrow and dumped it on front street on a busy bus route. After he shoveled the lawn he swept it with a broom. His girlfriend had to smoke on the driveway, she wasn’t even allowed to use his garage in the winter! Just plain weird.

Grizzly Adams1
12-20-2021, 09:37 AM
My mother was close to ninety living on her own in a house. The nice young fellows across the lane used to look after her yard, shovel the snow and offer to help out with odd jobs.

One day she saw them in the newspaper. They had been arrested for trafficking with a large amount of non pot drugs and illegal fire arms including a Mac 10.

She didn't feel fear about them living there. She said they were always nice to her.

They claim Adolph Hitler loved dogs and small children. :lol:

Grizz

ren008
12-20-2021, 10:55 AM
On one side is a stone-deaf recently retired couple who have been here for 35 years. They like to chase leaves around the yard now and motivate me to keep my own yard presentable. We are currently in a snow-blower war to get the sidewalks done first, their 56volt ego vs my B&S 2 stage, but typically have minimal interactions beyond fence waves and helping move appliances a few times over the years. Perfect!

Other side is a rental family that moved in early this fall after we were spoiled with no neighbor there for a year or so. 5 kids (5-16?), no car/jobs, and a lot of pot smoking from the parents which is better than being boozers any day. No real problems concerning noise, parties or visitors and they keep the lawn decent enough I guess. Had a good introductory chat with the dude when they moved in and got his life story. Sorry dude just not interested in being your friend!! You and the wife are obviously lazy welfare bums with no great excuse and I work for my living. Even got to the point of offering some work and potentially buy the old car off me for a song to get moving and could just see the fear of being productive growing in his eyes. Plus your kids are little ignored hell raisers and already not respecting the property line which is something I will not stand for in the long-run. Thank goodness there's a few years years between their youngest and my own.

Taking the firm but fair approach with these ones and would still offer a boost or a helping hand/shovel if needed. Considering whether clearing the sidewalk would be making it a bit too familiar. I guess I prefer to stay quiet and to myself in general anyways.

Reeves1
12-20-2021, 11:01 AM
I can see lights off in the far distance...... and no one can build near me !

Couple days ago I glanced out the window.... 3 Moose , 4 Mule Deer , Emine carrying a Mouse.

Life is good :sHa_shakeshout:

elkhunter11
12-20-2021, 11:15 AM
I had a neighbor who would mow his lawn at 7 am religiously- problem was me and the wife were shift workers. I tried speaking to him and he immediately got defensive and said ‘ bylaw says I can make noise from 7 am -10 pm”.
Winter time he shoveled his backyard snow off grass into wheelbarrow and dumped it on front street on a busy bus route. After he shoveled the lawn he swept it with a broom. His girlfriend had to smoke on the driveway, she wasn’t even allowed to use his garage in the winter! Just plain weird.

Most cities have bylaws against dumping snow removed from private property into a public street.

Ken07AOVette
12-20-2021, 11:24 AM
Most cities have bylaws against dumping snow removed from private property into a public street.

And believe it or not, they frown on speeding, not wearing seatbelts, driving while intoxicated, creating a disturbance, being loud at preset times, littering, occupying lands without lease or deed, keeping a tidy residence and a thousand other laws but in what utopia are all these followed?

Snow is difficult to trace back to fallen point. :)

elkhunter11
12-20-2021, 11:36 AM
And believe it or not, they frown on speeding, not wearing seatbelts, driving while intoxicated, creating a disturbance, being loud at preset times, littering, occupying lands without lease or deed, keeping a tidy residence and a thousand other laws but in what utopia are all these followed?

Snow is difficult to trace back to fallen point. :)

In case you didn't ready the post that I quoted, the neighbor was quoting bylaw to the person, to justify mowing at 7am, so I wonder what his reaction would be, if the bylaws were used against him? Would he still be quoting bylaw to justify his actions, or would he all of a sudden have less interest in the bylaws?

Albertadiver
12-20-2021, 11:48 AM
I could write a novel on my guy.

He puts out pylons on a public street so nobody will park in front of his place. He has vandalized vehicles in front of our place by pushing in mirrors or messing with valve stems and flattening tires. All because we have rental condos across the street and they often park in front of our house. Is it annoying? Sure. But is it legal? yep. So I have bigger things to have anxiety over. He recently made the mistake of doing that to my FIL and my FIL promptly marched over and gave him a serious chewing. I've had to go buy a camera just for our front yard so I can prove what this guy is up to.

In the winter he builds piles of snow between his vehicles to keep cars from parking and once did it in front of our place. I promptly flattened it with my truck.

This summer we caught him filming us in our backyard when we had a socially distanced visit in compliance with the current AHS guidelines at the time.

He's cut our tree limbs thinking that the air directly above the property line is his.

For years I just sort of put up with it not wanting to 'poke the bear' but I'm pretty much fed up.

He's also Mr. 7:00am on the dot fire up his gas leaf blower 8' from my head as our master bedroom is directly adjacent his side entrance. He knows his bylaws! But has no qualms about piling snow on City streets.

Complained when we did a backyard landscaping renovation because he didn't want his property value to go up.

Keeps a beater car that won't start just so nobody can park in front of his house.

I could go on.... but I'm done being Mr. Peacemaker anymore. After 15 years of these antics I'm done. He's the only person that our Black Lab doesn't like. And our lab likes everyone and strangers.

Now our other neighbors on the other side? Super quiet, polite, we shovel each others sidewalks and we always have a friendly wave from time to time.

guysmiley
12-20-2021, 11:54 AM
I have a very nice guy across the street but every time he brings his ladder out to do something around the house he has to get out the hose and wash it...

I don't think I've ever washed a ladder in my life. He gave me a funny look when I asked him where he buys his ladder soap.

Grizzly Adams1
12-20-2021, 12:11 PM
I can see lights off in the far distance...... and no one can build near me !

Couple days ago I glanced out the window.... 3 Moose , 4 Mule Deer , Emine carrying a Mouse.

Life is good :sHa_shakeshout:

x 2, my nearest neighbor is a half mile away, I love it when I wake up in the middle of the night and all I might hear is coyotes howling and maybe the wind.

Grizz

Talking moose
12-20-2021, 12:14 PM
All my neighbors hated me until I was about 22-23, i partied hard and a lot.
Now I hate people living in my vicinity that party a lot.

Fish along
12-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Im generally a pretty easy going guy and i dont have the time or care what my neighbors are doing,if they dont mow their lawn ill probably do it myself.The one thing that do bother me however is a dog that barks at every sound or moving thing day and night.This can be very annoying, ive had to approach a few guys when this happened and it all ended well,im lucky i suppose.:) Merry Christmas everyone.

burbotman
12-20-2021, 12:21 PM
x 2, my nearest neighbor is a half mile away, I love it when I wake up in the middle of the night and all I might hear is coyotes howling and maybe the wind.

Grizz

Same situation now and it is so nice!! Neighbors meaning well but always having to ask what you were doing dove me crazy. So nice now

If I wanted to wash my ladder on my property I now can do so without having to explain it…😉

DirtShooter
12-20-2021, 01:06 PM
Speaking of weird neighbors, I live inna cul-de-sac and everyone is great. My weird neighbors though just keep to themselves, have the storm shutters which are always closed, have a spotlight on all night in the back yard, they're almost skittish lol. Lots of times my wife will go outside and they'll immediately go back inside. Can't count how many times I've scared the wife just by saying "hi" when her back was turned. Pretty nice people though, other than hating cats and dogs (I think) but one walk around town would show our cul-de-sac is one of the quietest.

ren008
12-20-2021, 01:11 PM
I could write a novel on my guy.

He puts out pylons on a public street so nobody will park in front of his place.

But has no qualms about piling snow on City streets.

Keeps a beater car that won't start just so nobody can park in front of his house.

I'd be flattening those pylons on the daily and parking right in front of his house. Never mind reporting him every minute his beater car sits unmoved past the bylaw time as well as for the snow.

Either way camera-up!!

HyperMOA
12-20-2021, 01:19 PM
That confirms it, I'm the weird neighbour. All the snow gets blown out onto the road. Well actually all the City's gravel and calcium chloride goes out onto the road, and the snow that is stuck to it. Hard to separate the pepper from the fly crap.

DirtShooter
12-20-2021, 01:25 PM
I got a neighbor that shovels her snow out onto the street and creates a nice big lip to drive over to get into her driveway lol. It doesn't affect driving in the cul-de-sac but her kids cars are lucky to make it over lol

Bigwoodsman
12-20-2021, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure my neighbour is weird, but every time we're outside together he calls me over and feeds me rum while we sit in the heated garage on lawn chairs BSing about anything and everything. I think he might be an NDP as he has orange Rachel signs hanging on his garage wall.

BW

admin
12-20-2021, 04:05 PM
The thread was starting to derail and I removed some posts. Please stay on topic.

OL_JR
12-20-2021, 08:20 PM
Grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere, moved to the city for a while and now back in a small town. I think weird can be relative to what you are used to. Pretty sure when we first moved to the city we were the weird neighbours, it was quite the adjustment.

With that said in the city there were what I assume a single father and his son that lived a few houses down that I don't care who you are they were weird. Big into Karate or some kind of gi based martial arts. Crazy beligerent to everyone always giving the stink eye to those who drove past and would do weird kicks and punches in the air if you made eye contact to long. Ran into them off and on while I lived there and long story short just a friggin bizarre people to say the least.

Have had some conflict with neighbours where I live now but they weren't necessarily weird more just old crotchety *****s. A good example of what I don't want to be when I grow up. They are gone now though and some old friends ended up buying the place and well things are good. Lots of good ol redneck families on the street now with young kids and it's quite the thing to see now especially in the summer. Everyones yard is fair game for play time and I don't know how many bikes I've repaired lol.

Greatwest
12-20-2021, 11:04 PM
My neighbor isn’t a weirdo but he sure made me laugh the other day. He has a double car garage and a concrete driveway big enough to park 3 vehicles on. So the other day I notice his tree in his front yard is gone nothing left but the stick that was used to support/tie the tree to from the wind. The tree was about 4 feet off the edge of his concrete driveway. As I look closer there are tire tracks over the 3’ high snow bank that he shoveled off the edge of his driveway those tire tracks lead right to the tree and his one rear drivers side rim is packed full of snow. The crazy bugger somehow missed his driveway when he was backing onto it and backed over the snow bank and ran over his tree that he just planted a couple years ago. I still haven’t caught him outside to ask him how he managed to do this yet.

saskbooknut
12-21-2021, 04:37 AM
I believe in live and let live with neighbours, as much as possible.
My own story of an impossible neighbour, 35 years ago -
We shared a driveway, perhaps a bit wider at the entrance, but angled into each of our lots.
Neighbour decided that he was going to build a fence dividing the driveway. He planned on cutting me off from access to my garage/shop.
When I pointed out the iron pin at the entrance to the driveway, he suddenly discovered that he owned 18 inches of the drive, at the street.
I resisted the urge to build my own fence, on the property line.

calgarychef
12-21-2021, 05:31 AM
We shared a driveway, perhaps a bit wider at the entrance, but angled into each of our lots.
Neighbour decided that he was going to build a fence dividing the driveway. He planned on cutting me off from access to my garage/shop.
When I pointed out the iron pin at the entrance to the driveway, he suddenly discovered that he owned 18 inches of the drive, at the street.

That would indeed have been difficult to resist.

thumper
12-21-2021, 04:18 PM

We're on 'pie-shaped' lots, and share the entrance to our driveways just like yours. - for 30+ years now. Never a problem, but might be an issue if either of us ever wants to pave it!

TreeGuy
12-22-2021, 12:49 AM
Great thread!

After 20 years as an urban arborist, I can state with absolute confidence that neighbour conflict is the fuel that fires my former industry.

In fact, I probably learned more about psychology (child lol) than biology over the years!

‘Conflict Resolution’ could be a daily occurrence, with a wide variety of results. Mostly positive, a few negative and some that involved the authorities. [emoji23]

Pro Tip: Physically attempting to assault a dude who climbs trees for a living is a poor decision. Much akin to thinking it’d be a good idea to give that barn cat a bath. But I digress…[emoji12]

One incident in particular stands out though in the theme of ‘Weird Neighbours’. …

The customer requested us on site on a specific day for an exceptionally specific time frame.

They wanted their tree hacked back to the property line no matter how much I insisted that it wasn’t great for its health and would look terrible. They mumbled something about the neighbour. I said it’s normal and I’m pretty good at mediating solutions if given the chance.

There was no changing their minds.

As I reluctantly went about this foul business, they nervously watched from the window.

When they said he was odd, I didn’t give it much thought until I got a view through dude’s kitchen window….[emoji15]

The room was literally filled to counter level with empty 4 litre milk jugs! Hundreds of them. A quick swing on the rope allowed a view into the front room. Again, filled waist deep with jugs.

It was shocking.

At this point in time, despite our customer’s best laid plan, the guy arrives home. They scurried from the window with honest fear.

“Here we go”, I thought.

We locked eyes. He looked at the branches on the ground and seemed to approve of my presence and entered his lactose tolerant home.

I watched him wade through the jugs, give me another glance and open the door to the basement. It was filled to the f’n door handle and he just waded down and out of sight.

Creepiest thing I’ve ever seen. [emoji15]

Tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KegRiver
12-22-2021, 04:37 PM
I don't have any creepy neighbors. In fact they are all very open and trusting.

But I did eat a Snickers once and I did do a bit of tree trimming. Once.

That is when I discovered that my neighbor's wife likes to sunbath in her birthday suit, on warm days, from May through August, three days a week, from 11;00am to 3;00pm.

Don't get me wrong, she is very discrete. She never does it when anyone else is around, and I would never have know that she did had I not trimmed that one tree. I could not see her from any other trees in the yard. Not even with binoculars.
:innocent:

Albertadiver
12-22-2021, 05:38 PM
....A quick swing on the rope.....

We locked eyes......

He looked at the branches on the ground and seemed to approve of my presence and entered his lactose tolerant home.

Maybe he just liked you because you were a swinger? :scared0018:

rjlester
12-22-2021, 05:48 PM
Great thread!

After 20 years as an urban arborist, I can state with absolute confidence that neighbour conflict is the fuel that fires my former industry.

In fact, I probably learned more about psychology (child lol) than biology over the years!

‘Conflict Resolution’ could be a daily occurrence, with a wide variety of results. Mostly positive, a few negative and some that involved the authorities. [emoji23]

Pro Tip: Physically attempting to assault a dude who climbs trees for a living is a poor decision. Much akin to thinking it’d be a good idea to give that barn cat a bath. But I digress…[emoji12]

One incident in particular stands out though in the theme of ‘Weird Neighbours’. …

The customer requested us on site on a specific day for an exceptionally specific time frame.

They wanted their tree hacked back to the property line no matter how much I insisted that it wasn’t great for its health and would look terrible. They mumbled something about the neighbour. I said it’s normal and I’m pretty good at mediating solutions if given the chance.

There was no changing their minds.

As I reluctantly went about this foul business, they nervously watched from the window.

When they said he was odd, I didn’t give it much thought until I got a view through dude’s kitchen window….[emoji15]

The room was literally filled to counter level with empty 4 litre milk jugs! Hundreds of them. A quick swing on the rope allowed a view into the front room. Again, filled waist deep with jugs.

It was shocking.

At this point in time, despite our customer’s best laid plan, the guy arrives home. They scurried from the window with honest fear.

“Here we go”, I thought.

We locked eyes. He looked at the branches on the ground and seemed to approve of my presence and entered his lactose tolerant home.

I watched him wade through the jugs, give me another glance and open the door to the basement. It was filled to the f’n door handle and he just waded down and out of sight.

Creepiest thing I’ve ever seen. [emoji15]

Tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was well written! Great story Treeguy!

jungleboy
12-22-2021, 06:21 PM
When you live in a neighbourhood and you think man this place is good, no weirdos everyone seems pretty normal .

That’s when it’s time to really think about the situation maybe look at things from a different perspective :thinking-006::thinking-006:

https://i.imgur.com/KQtX3wE.jpg

270person
12-22-2021, 08:07 PM

That is when I discovered that my neighbor's wife likes to sunbath in her birthday suit, on warm days, from May through August, three days a week, from 11;00am to 3;00pm.

Don't get me wrong, she is very discrete. She never does it when anyone else is around, and I would never have know that she did had I not trimmed that one tree. I could not see her from any other trees in the yard. Not even with binoculars.

Was she trimmed?

Phil McCracken
12-22-2021, 08:11 PM

Sure Keg...and bears don't s#it in the woods...:)

MountainTi
12-22-2021, 08:12 PM
Was she trimmed?

It's 2021. Aren't they all?

RandyBoBandy
12-22-2021, 08:25 PM
Mommy, what does trimmed mean ?? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

jungleboy
12-22-2021, 08:30 PM
Let’s try and keep this within the confines of a kids friendly forum :rolleyes:

WV911
12-22-2021, 08:39 PM
I have a very nice guy across the street but every time he brings his ladder out to do something around the house he has to get out the hose and wash it...

I don't think I've ever washed a ladder in my life. He gave me a funny look when I asked him where he buys his ladder soap.

When I started on the Fire Department in the early 80's, we cleaned all the ladders every Thursday whether they had been used that week or not.

KegRiver
12-22-2021, 08:57 PM
Sure Keg...and bears don't s#it in the woods...:)

LOL Well, I had to tell the wife something when she saw me up that ladder.

KegRiver
12-22-2021, 09:03 PM
In all honesty, the closest thing to a weird neighbor I ever had was one old couple that fought all the time.
They both got along well with the neighbors, it was just each other they couldn't stand.

Then one day the old lady decided she had had enough and she stuck a butcher knife between the old boy's ribs.

That never made sense to me. why didn't she just leave him?

That seems strange to me.

270person
12-22-2021, 11:51 PM
It's 2021. Aren't they all?

:confused0024:

Not sure country boy. Your neck of the woods I heard they all have sideburns and goatees.

MountainTi
12-23-2021, 09:21 AM
:confused0024:

Not sure country boy. Your neck of the woods I heard they all have sideburns and goatees.

lol. Depends which side of the highway you're on

Sundancefisher
12-23-2021, 09:23 AM
When you live in a neighbourhood and you think man this place is good, no weirdos everyone seems pretty normal .

That’s when it’s time to really think about the situation maybe look at things from a different perspective :thinking-006::thinking-006:

https://i.imgur.com/KQtX3wE.jpg

It’s like in poker.

When you look around the table to see who the fish is… and you can’t tell… best to find a different table lol.

Stinky Buffalo
12-23-2021, 10:36 AM
Had a house across from us which we aptly named, "The Place Where Marriages Go to Die".

A couple/family would move in, then there would be a lot of yelling, one partner would leave, the remaining party would have all their buddies move in, and then they would move out/get evicted. Rinse and repeat.

The last one that was there was a fellow who would always be out on the front step, smoking. Day or night, it seemed like he spent more time on his stoop than inside the house. Friendly fella.

One Easter Monday, a thief was on the run from the police after performing an armed robbery, and with the tires taken out by a spike belt earlier in the chase, he rammed his stolen vehicle into our house. Thankfully he just hit our (brand new) front steps. He then changed course and sped away.

We woke up to the noise of the crash, and the flashing lights of the police cars.

"What was that noise?" asked IncrediGirl.
"I think old Joe's meth lab finally blew up," I replied.

(We had always assumed the guy had some drug thing going on since there was a constant parade of vehicles stopping in front of his house.)

I headed out to the front step, and noticed there was debris under my bare feet. My neigbour's house was still standing, and there was no sign of an explosion.

I still couldn't clue in to what had happened, since the police and the criminal had already driven out of sight.

Sure enough, our neighbour was out having a smoke (this was about 3:00 AM) and said, "Oh guys! You missed it! Some guy came skidding around the corner and hit your house, and the cops drove across your lawn chasing him!"

If it wasn't for him, I don't know if we would ever have figured it out.

That's when I noticed the tire tracks etc. and car parts on our lawn. His front rims had caught in the soft dirt left behind from where I had removed a tree earlier, and forced the car sideways. If that hadn't have happened, he would have plowed the car directly into the house and ended up under our bed.

Moral of the story: Sometimes the weird neighbours are good to have around. :)

marky_mark
12-23-2021, 10:38 AM
Easiest way to spot a wierdo is if they tell you that they hunt with a grendel :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Phil McCracken
12-23-2021, 07:33 PM
Easiest way to spot a wierdo is if they tell you that they hunt with a grendel :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Zing!....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

roper1
12-23-2021, 09:01 PM

K that's the Dec champ for sure:):)

JD848
12-23-2021, 09:28 PM

Oh your a mean bugger, but it is funny.:sHa_shakeshout:

JD

marky_mark
12-23-2021, 09:32 PM
:acigar:

walleye guy
12-26-2021, 12:34 PM
My neighbors are nice enough, keep their yard clean and well maintained but do have more vehicles then they can they know what to do with.
What I think is weird about them is what they let their 2 kids get away with, a male about 23 and female around 18. Neither have jobs or go to school any more, and I have never seen either do any yard work or shovel snow in the last 20 years or so they have lived there, see mom shovel driveway and clean snow off the truck today then the boy drives off with it.

Smokinyotes
12-26-2021, 12:39 PM
Not real close to me but about a 1/4 mile east of me there is this old lady that is a little on the strange side and says some real stupid stuff, I think just to **** me off. She is obsessed with her yard being spotless. Gawd I hate my mother in law living that close.

RandyBoBandy
12-26-2021, 05:15 PM
Not real close to me but about a 1/4 mile east of me there is this old lady that is a little on the strange side and says some real stupid stuff, I think just to **** me off. She is obsessed with her yard being spotless. Gawd I hate my mother in law living that close.

:sHa_sarcasticlol: