PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer

gramps73
12-21-2021, 09:08 AM
Hey guys
looking at adding some heat to my enclosed trailer anyone have any experience with diesel heaters?

Wayska Diesel Air Heater 12V, 15L Tank, Diesel Air Heater 8KW, Muffler, Diesel Heater with LCD Thermostat Monitor & Remote Control for Trucks, Trailer, Boat and Motor-home(Suitable for High Altitude Areas)

lots to chose from just don't know much about them

Thanks
G73

1shotwade
12-21-2021, 09:30 AM
I run one in my enclosed trailer. I bought it off ebay $250 . Took me a few hours to install and it will keep you toasty warm at -30 even colder. I bought the 8 kw and its too much for my 14 foot. Its chinese but I know 2 other guys with same unit and no problems in 3 years. Also has a remote so you can start up before you get in.

nimrod
12-21-2021, 12:31 PM
Im installing a wood stove in my cargo trailer, during the day I can put wood into the wood stove, during the night right now Ill use my big buddy heater, yes I have a a co monitor, that beeps if it goes up

Jamie Black R/T
12-21-2021, 02:13 PM
I run one in my enclosed trailer. I bought it off ebay $250 . Took me a few hours to install and it will keep you toasty warm at -30 even colder. I bought the 8 kw and its too much for my 14 foot. Its chinese but I know 2 other guys with same unit and no problems in 3 years. Also has a remote so you can start up before you get in.

Have any pictures of the install you can share?

I wired mine for shore power so currently use a generator and small space heater.

Works very well right down to -25.

But a stand alone unit without need of the genny sounds pretty awesome.

1shotwade
12-21-2021, 04:00 PM
Have any pictures of the install you can share?

I wired mine for shore power so currently use a generator and small space heater.

Works very well right down to -25.

But a stand alone unit without need of the genny sounds pretty awesome.

Its out at the ranch currently but im headed out that way after xmas to get it ready for ice fishing. Ill try and do a video of it starting up and show how fast it heats up once I get it home.

marky_mark
12-21-2021, 04:25 PM
Buddy has one and it is the cats meow 👍

Jims83cj5
12-21-2021, 07:31 PM
I bought a Chinese for my cargo trailer for winter fishing. Worked for about 20 hrs then needed a glow plug. Had a helluva time getting my money back. Had to attack the guy on social media reviews then he caved in after a month he sent me my money back, he said he could not get parts so he didn’t want the heater returned. I ordered a new glow plug, pump and mother board and made a portable in a plastic case out of it, works great for the tent. For the trailer I bought the real deal, not a knock off, it’s a Planer 4kw. Things to look out for with the Chinese heaters

There is no such thing as a 8kw, they are 5kw with the 8 badging to sell more, all replacement parts are the same as a 5kw

I have a 6x12 and the 4 kw is plenty, once it warms up when it’s -30 I run it less than half and it’s 20 inside.

Get a fan to push the heat down, gets warm on the top bunk

Buy a spare glow plug they are about 15 bux

Cut a deep 12 mm deep socket up the side like an O2 socket to remove the glow plug

Buy some defuser screens, again cheap

Don’t use that crappy fuel tank they give you, use a boat tank or a jerry can
They manual is in Chinglish, really hard to understand

There are 3-4 good face book pages on them to get help

If you run them on low for 8 hours on diesel, crank it up to max for 20 minutes to burn it off, forget this and you will be taking it apart to remove the carbon. No need to do this if you run kerosine

The remote is really hard to pair to the motherboard

Do not, do not use a portable heater mounted in your trailer, you may die
Even if the exhaust is run outside

I got about 14 hrs out of a standard 12 volt deep cycle battery with just the heater and an led light

It’s in the bottom of the box

I run two 300 watt solar panels on the roof with a 3500 watt inverter with 2- 20” tall 6 volt batteries. This charges more than the heater, tv, UV charge box, two sonars will consume. Fully charged again after night use in two hours next day.

1shotwade
12-21-2021, 07:49 PM
I bought a Chinese for my cargo trailer for winter fishing. Worked for about 20 hrs then needed a glow plug. Had a helluva time getting my money back. Had to attack the guy on social media reviews then he caved in after a month he sent me my money back, he said he could not get parts so he didn’t want the heater returned. I ordered a new glow plug, pump and mother board and made a portable in a plastic case out of it, works great for the tent. For the trailer I bought the real deal, not a knock off, it’s a Planer 4kw. Things to look out for with the Chinese heaters

There is no such thing as a 8kw, they are 5kw with the 8 badging to sell more, all replacement parts are the same as a 5kw

I have a 6x12 and the 4 kw is plenty, once it warms up when it’s -30 I run it less than half and it’s 20 inside.

Get a fan to push the heat down, gets warm on the top bunk

Buy a spare glow plug they are about 15 bux

Cut a deep 12 mm deep socket up the side like an O2 socket to remove the glow plug

Buy some defuser screens, again cheap

Don’t use that crappy fuel tank they give you, use a boat tank or a jerry can
They manual is in Chinglish, really hard to understand

There are 3-4 good face book pages on them to get help

If you run them on low for 8 hours on diesel, crank it up to max for 20 minutes to burn it off, forget this and you will be taking it apart to remove the carbon. No need to do this if you run kerosine

The remote is really hard to pair to the motherboard

Do not, do not use a portable heater mounted in your trailer, you may die
Even if the exhaust is run outside

It’s in the bottom of the box

I run two 300 watt solar panels on the roof with a 3500 watt inverter with 2- 20” tall 6 volt batteries. This charges more than the heater, tv, two sonars consume. Fully charged again after night use in two hours next day.

Their is a difference on the 5kw and 8 kw I have seen it myself and the manuals have either improved or you got it awhile ago. Parts come out of ricmond BC I ordered a 4 way vent splitter it was here in a week. I had no problems and probably had over 200 hours run time on mine. Remote That came with mine was already paired!

Jims83cj5
12-21-2021, 08:05 PM
Their is a difference on the 5kw and 8 kw I have seen it myself and the manuals have either improved or you got it awhile ago. Parts come out of ricmond BC I ordered a 4 way vent splitter it was here in a week. I had no problems and probably had over 200 hours run time on mine. Remote That came with mine was already paired!

The Planer heater (1000.00) 8 kw is an 8 kw and no parts will fit the 4 kw and they look completely different. Chinese knock off (250) 8kw is a 5kw, same pump, same heat chamber, same controller, same glow plug same fan, makes a guy wonder where the other 40% heat comes from and they look identical. I’ve repaired likely 10 of them for people. You order parts based on the plug style not kw size. There are two pumps based on plug type, 2/3 kw and a 5 kw. All the repair guys on the web pages will tell you the same thing. BTW, my Planer came from Richmond and nothing in it will fit the knock offs except the outer plastics but the appearance is similar to the Chinese 5 kw. The planer 8kw looks completely different than the planer 4kw and the Chinese imaginary 8 kw and the 5 kw.

1shotwade
12-21-2021, 08:18 PM
The Planer heater (1000.00) 8 kw is an 8 kw and no parts will fit the 4 kw and they look completely different. Chinese knock off (250) 8kw is a 5kw, same pump, same heat chamber, same controller, same glow plug same fan, makes a guy wonder where the other 40% heat comes from and they look identical. I’ve repaired likely 10 of them for people. You order parts based on the plug style not kw size. There are two pumps based on plug type, 2/3 kw and a 5 kw. All the repair guys on the web pages will tell you the same thing. BTW, my Planer came from Richmond and nothing in it will fit the knock offs

My bud that has the same brand 8 kw chinese is bigger than mine and his is atleast 1.5 bigger. The controller is same and his puts out way more heat than mine in his 27 foot trailer. I did watch videos when I installed mine last summer saying you could increase the 5 kw to 8 kw just on controller but on the site I bought mine their were 3 sizes 2 kw 5 kw and 8 kw all with different outputs and visible size difference . Not saying your wrong but I have seen the difference in person.

Jims83cj5
12-21-2021, 08:26 PM
My bud that has the same brand 8 kw chinese is bigger than mine and his is atleast 1.5 bigger. The controller is same and his puts out way more heat than mine in his 27 foot trailer. I did watch videos when I installed mine last summer saying you could increase the 5 kw to 8 kw just on controller but on the site I bought mine their were 3 sizes 2 kw 5 kw and 8 kw all with different outputs and visible size difference . Not saying your wrong but I have seen the difference in person.

Buy parts and you will see. None of the internal parts from the store in Richmond will work in the Chinese heaters, only some of the plastic outside parts like the end caps, even the main body plastics won’t cross over. The Chinese I bought was called an 8 kw, all the parts I bought to fix it are the same as all the 5 kw I have repaired, even used mine for spare parts while I waited for others to arrive. Glad yours is working good for you, they are nice, wish they had a thermostat so I didn’t have to listen to the fan all the time. But then the battery would die wayyyy faster starting the glow plug all the time, 6 of one, half dozen of the other I guess