PDA

View Full Version : Vexilar fl18

mongo
12-21-2021, 08:25 PM
Any advise on these flasher... Wondering if they are any good.

OL_JR
12-21-2021, 08:46 PM
Vexilars are pretty simple and reliable. I don't have any experience with the FL series but love my flx and would recommend to anybody.

AlbertanGP
12-21-2021, 08:50 PM
Vexilars are the only new flasher I would buy. And not because I don't think flashers are good...because I think they are that much better than everything else IMO.

Vapor
12-21-2021, 11:46 PM
I have the FLX-28 and absolutely love it. It's especially awesome if you aren't using a tent as its display is noticeably brighter in direct sun. Battery lasts all day and into the night. I can't say enough good about it.

https://youtu.be/x_NgABmD9yQ

aragor764
12-22-2021, 08:55 AM
I have an old Fl8 that I bought used and i cannot kill the thing!

Captainslug
12-22-2021, 12:14 PM
I have a FL18 and love it. I remember when I first got it I was a bit frustrated but it was mostly my lack of knowledge of how to use a flasher. Once I figured it out, I wont go without.

Nice and bright and much more quick to react than a LCD IMO with finer detail. Love to try out a newer model but can't justify the price because the FL18 works just fine.

Dean2
12-23-2021, 07:10 AM
My oldest FL8 is now about 30 years old. I bought one of the very first ones that was available in Canada, about 1990 if I remember right. It got a ton of use ice fishing, and on fly in fishing trips. One set of brushes and on its third battery. I like them so well I bought a second one after trying most of the other flashers on the market. Nothing else works as good at -40 and it is hard to beat the simple, easy to use system.

57charlie
12-24-2021, 11:00 AM
I bought my first flasher, a Vexilar FL20 flasher off an AO member 3 years ago. Not having used a flasher in the past, I found the learning curve was relatively short, it works well, it's dependable, battery lasts all day & into the night.

I can't say exactly what the difference in features would be from the FL18 & FL 20 is but if the flasher works as advertised, it should help you pull more fish through the ice.

sns2
12-24-2021, 11:02 AM
If it’s been treated good, and the price is right, you can’t go wrong with Vexilar. I am on the lookout for an FLX20 right now. If I could give you some advice, go for the FLX models if you are buying new. They are brushless and much quieter.