PDA

View Full Version : Cold Fx

Supergrit
12-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Cold fx is suppose to strengthen immunity to colds and flues. Wondering if any one takes this and feels that it’s has helped them.

Stinky Buffalo
12-23-2021, 04:27 PM
I take it quite regularly; but it's hard to tell whether it has helped or not. I don't really get sick that often.

That being said, my wife and kids tend to bring home lots of bugs from their work/school environments, so that's one of the reasons we use it.

silver lab
12-23-2021, 04:27 PM
I thought Cold FX was sued over false claims and that it actually doesn’t work?

PaintearthCounty
12-23-2021, 04:29 PM
I’m a believer in Cold FX , use it right away as soon as you feel a cold or sore throat coming on , hit it hard with Extra Strength Cold FX , carry it with me in my truck , so I have it ready

tool
12-23-2021, 05:00 PM

I believe their was a class action law suit of some kind.

Fish along
12-23-2021, 05:01 PM
Cold fx is suppose to strengthen immunity to colds and flues. Wondering if any one takes this and feels that it’s has helped them.

I take garlic pills once a day for years and i never get any flus or colds. :)

wildwoods
12-23-2021, 05:08 PM

That would explain your breath! ;)

Twisted Canuck
12-23-2021, 05:08 PM
I've heard it is just as effective as the Covid Vaccines.

Ken07AOVette
12-23-2021, 05:10 PM
I was very nervous about it when it was said it was known to cause cancer. Proven.

I don't take it anymore. I think snow on the tongue causes cancer if you ask the right person.

CNP
12-23-2021, 05:14 PM
I was very nervous about it when it was said it was known to cause cancer. Proven.

I don't take it anymore. I think snow on the tongue causes cancer if you ask the right person.

Only in California

ÜberFly
12-23-2021, 05:19 PM
Apparently there is some level of scientific evidence that it does actually work, but you need to take it everyday for like 10 years to get a minor benefit (after the 10 years)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtUhhO61X6Y

Waste of time and money!

silvertip
12-23-2021, 05:23 PM
Used to take it quite religiously,

when I worked in the camps,

I never got flu shots back then either

I never got sick, odd time a few sniffles.

I`d take it again

Talking moose
12-23-2021, 05:24 PM
The un FX’d crowd is the reason colds are still around clogging up pharmacy isles with snot nosed mouth breathers….

Twisted Canuck
12-23-2021, 05:29 PM
The un FX’d crowd is the reason colds are still around clogging up pharmacy isles with snot nosed mouth breathers….

Absolutely. We should mandate FX. Non compliance will have consequences.

muskegnmud
12-23-2021, 05:30 PM

that's pretty funny stuff right there, lol, I see what you did

for me the garlic gell pills work excellent, made by ProGar, first sign of a cold or sniffles and have about 5 of them a couple of times and the cold is gone, no aftertaste or smell

Stinky Buffalo
12-23-2021, 06:02 PM

Yes, this works through the mechanism of social distancing... No one gets close enough to you to infect you! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Same principle as Cod Liver Oil... :sHa_shakeshout:

YYC338
12-23-2021, 06:09 PM

AKA - Oiler fans

WolfmanAB
12-23-2021, 06:14 PM

When H1N1 was going around folks in the Balkans ate garlic and it nuked it. Garlic is absolutely amazing.

WolfmanAB
12-23-2021, 06:17 PM
Absolutely. We should mandate FX. Non compliance will have consequences.

Making sure they're unemployed before Christmas is a great way to send a message of caring and compassion and yet not have to adhere to any known actual laws. That's cutting edge mandating right there.

Fish along
12-23-2021, 06:18 PM
That would explain your breath! ;)

We'll have to stop those close encounters, lol:sHa_shakeshout:

nimrod
12-23-2021, 06:26 PM
I have allergies , the first time I swallowed cold FX, I did not have a great day, headed to hospital fast, don't know whats in it, but no go for me

wildwoods
12-23-2021, 10:40 PM
We'll have to stop those close encounters, lol:sHa_shakeshout:

Touché! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzing

threeforthree
12-23-2021, 11:38 PM
When I see 3 Pallets of product at Costco. and it sells 39.99 and there is a 1000 units on pallet, Meaning just that product they have, $120 thousand in inventory, damn we are fools.

EZM
12-23-2021, 11:42 PM
I took it a few times when I feel something coming on and seem to avoid getting sick - and, one particular time, when some people at work had a nasty flu, lots of them, pooping pants, puking, fevers all sorts of nasty flu stuff - I popped some for a few days and ended up being the only who didn't get violently sick.

Seems to work. Who knows, might be snake oil, might be in my head, but seemed to have real results for me.

traderal
12-24-2021, 10:13 AM
I actually stumbled across a cure for the cold when I took FX and another medication. Late at night I dreamed I was dying and woke up still with the feeling of life ebbing away but the cold was gone. Tried it again next time with same results but decided that the feeling of dying was not to be messed with ever again. The lady that developed FX was affiliated to the same organization as I was but I decided not to mention my results as I never trusted her. I continued using FX but now find that Tylenol works just as good.

Big Grey Wolf
12-24-2021, 10:23 AM
A few years back when my job was reviewing research projects and providing funding we supported the development of Cold FX technology. Their is lot of science behind the development of the product and number of patents.
Reminds me how Anti vaxers do not trust mnra vaccines for covid after probably near $1billion in Research and Development costs around the world.

Rastus
12-24-2021, 10:58 AM
I REPEAT, I had the FLU so bad in Alaska in 1998 that I was forced to have hands and knees to the bathroom,(luckley they were same floor). I used to get the FLU about 3 times a year. Cold. I used to get a cold about 5 times a year. I have the shots and I have never expearized FLU or a COLD since, don't misunderstand me, I AM NOT ADVOLCATING that you should not or should get the shot, I am manely stating a FACT. (If I learn to spell, you guys are for it).

wildside
12-24-2021, 01:30 PM
It also lowers sperm count. I know after trying to have kids for 5 years and lots of money spent. So either take it or don’t depending on your thoughts on children! Lol

KGB
12-24-2021, 01:38 PM
My whole family were trying it when the product just came out and we found it doesn’t work for us. We are using echinacea. Vitamins C and D when we are getting sick and that helps a lot. Again, to each their own. Whatever works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Just the human nature.

Grizzly Adams1
12-25-2021, 10:46 AM

More pseudo scientific crap, I'm surprised it's still on the shelf, thank our lax laws.

Grizz

creeky
12-25-2021, 10:59 AM
When H1N1 was going around folks in the Balkans ate garlic and it nuked it. Garlic is absolutely amazing.

x2, they don't call it "Russian Penicillin" for nothing-its a medicinal and culinary marvel.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grizzly Adams1
12-25-2021, 11:18 AM
[/B]

x2, they don't call it "Russian Penicillin" for nothing-its a medicinal and culinary marvel.

Creeky....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ensures social distancing for sure. :lol: It actually exudes out of your skin after a while.

Grizz

Smoky buck
12-25-2021, 11:36 AM
About the only medicine I take for a cold are fishermens friends other than that I just ride it out

Okotok
12-25-2021, 04:58 PM
Two drams of scotch a day and I rarely and I mean rarely, ever get sick. Then again, a minimum of two commutes a day with the big Ford diesel and I'm OK too. Hmmmm. :)

threeforthree
12-25-2021, 06:09 PM
Two drams of scotch a day and I rarely and I mean rarely, ever get sick. Then again, a minimum of two commutes a day with the big Ford diesel and I'm OK too. Hmmmm. :)

But you look blue in the face??

Okotok
12-26-2021, 09:07 AM
But you look blue in the face??

That's my rifle donater, Hatchet Jack.