PDA

View Full Version : Insanity

Ishpah
12-23-2021, 11:26 PM
...in the guise of decolonization

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/top-canadian-museum-to-be-immediately-gutted-in-the-name-of-decolonization/wcm/c0112e38-d593-4808-ab51-aababe2ca881

Don't worry, you won't be left out.:angry3:

Zuludog
12-24-2021, 12:05 AM
That just seems ludicrous!

elkhunter11
12-24-2021, 05:32 AM
Total and absolute stupidity. Anyone offended by those exhibits must be terribly offended by living in home with running water, central heat and electricity, and by using modern conveniences like automobiles, aircraft, and electronics.

CaberTosser
12-24-2021, 06:31 AM
This is no different than burning books & these sorts of virtue-signaling, oblivious half-wits undertaking it will continue to drive Canada into the ground bit by bit.

waldedw
12-24-2021, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the new world, let's erase history after all if we tear down a statue or a museum then it means that part of history is erased right it never happened, after all if we can change the climate we must surely be able to change history EH absolutely Ludacris.

Now let's see what offends me today ???

Phil McCracken
12-24-2021, 07:36 AM
Not sure about the rest of you, but I am starting to get a tad upset with all these initiatives to erase our history...

I feel sorry for my grandkids...

NCC
12-24-2021, 07:46 AM
I hope they at least auction off those exhibits but they will probably end up in a landfill.

Do the white nuts behind these incentives really think people are better off living in tents burning buffalo chips to stay warm and nearly starving for 8 months of the year?

gunluvr
12-24-2021, 08:31 AM
History books, museums, statues, parks and memorials are all things intended to teach about the past, no matter if any part of the past is nowadays considered good or bad. Erasing these things erases knowledge and sets the stage for repeating past mistakes. In 100 years no one will remember why certain memorials were removed, but what these things teach will be lost forever.
The short-sightedness of so called "progressives" is nothing but "regressive".

Hilgy
12-24-2021, 08:34 AM
I hope it catches on fire and burns to the ground so these "woke" a holes dont get the satisfaction of destroying this incredible museum.
I grew up on the Island and have been many times. Unfortunately i dont think i'll ever go back.

guysmiley
12-24-2021, 09:02 AM
I hope it catches on fire and burns to the ground so these "woke" a holes dont get the satisfaction of destroying this incredible museum.
I grew up on the Island and have been many times. Unfortunately i dont think i'll ever go back.

Agreed, that display is amazing. I've enjoyed it with family and friends many times. When nobody goes back to the Museum and they start loosing money nobody will blame these woke decisions.

Absolutely idiotic.

ganderblaster
12-24-2021, 09:22 AM
Well played. Social engineering for the tax payers paid for by the tax payers with a few seeds of racial and cultural divisions thrown in. Why stop there? May as well tear down the legislative building and court houses too. All part of the past. Build back better. Part of the Great Reset.

StiksnStrings
12-24-2021, 09:24 AM
History books, museums, statues, parks and memorials are all things intended to teach about the past, no matter if any part of the past is nowadays considered good or bad. Erasing these things erases knowledge and sets the stage for repeating past mistakes. In 100 years no one will remember why certain memorials were removed, but what these things teach will be lost forever.
The short-sightedness of so called "progressives" is nothing but "regressive".

Very well put.

ghfalls
12-24-2021, 10:24 AM
I hope the people around there get together and stop this nonsense.

Hilgy
12-24-2021, 12:25 PM
I hope the people around there get together and stop this nonsense.

I'm assuming youve never been to Victoria? It has become the "woke" SJW paradise. They will be all over this posturing.

catnthehat
12-24-2021, 12:45 PM
Morons, the whole dammed bunch of 'em!:thinking-006:
Cat

spoiledsaskhunter
12-24-2021, 04:56 PM
oh well, just start calling it 'california north'. soon they will be banning smalll engines too.

excuse me while i puke.

Sitkaspruce
12-24-2021, 06:41 PM
Having growing up in Metchosin, just out side Victoria, the museum was a yearly attraction and and good for at least one school trip a year!

But this is not surprising, just look at what else is going on in Victoria.....

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/reconciliation-initiative-aims-to-make-up-for-rent-free-living-4692435

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/victoria-council-mulls-giving-annual-grant-to-first-nations-based-on-tax-revenue-4731004

What a mess this province is!!

Cheers

SS

marky_mark
12-24-2021, 07:31 PM
Maybe we could trade Vancouver island for alaska?

Bo21
12-24-2021, 09:24 PM
That’s just disgusting, back in the day you came you conquered. Almost every country has a bloody past. People need to stop segregating indigenous people and giving grants and all that crap. Stop everything that goes there way and they integrate and work like everyone else. Again creating another class of people, like corona has done already.

Having growing up in Metchosin, just out side Victoria, the museum was a yearly attraction and and good for at least one school trip a year!

But this is not surprising, just look at what else is going on in Victoria.....

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/reconciliation-initiative-aims-to-make-up-for-rent-free-living-4692435

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/victoria-council-mulls-giving-annual-grant-to-first-nations-based-on-tax-revenue-4731004

What a mess this province is!!

Cheers

SS

Mb-MBR
12-25-2021, 08:05 AM
That’s just disgusting, back in the day you came you conquered. Almost every country has a bloody past. People need to stop segregating indigenous people and giving grants and all that crap. Stop everything that goes there way and they integrate and work like everyone else. Again creating another class of people, like corona has done already.

Oh brother...............:snapoutofit:

6.5 shooter
12-25-2021, 08:46 AM
BUt..BUT........BUT................. The night of the broken glass could never happen here. Time for the woke to wake up.

Smoky buck
12-25-2021, 09:11 AM
Trying to erase history will not change it. I am all for being honest about the past and acknowledging it but dwelling upon the negative will not make it so it never happened

Until we move forward without division this country will continue to bicker and people will continue to have animosity towards each other do to a two tier system

I have lived in communities with high % of FN and I can tell you at a young age all the kids get along without issues. But after years of adults pushing different treatment, special programs separating them, and all the politics get involved things change

Half way through high school/young adults you start to see a larger portion divided because of all the BS separation from our government and adults in the community showing their frustrations

Until the people of this country move forward as human beings and stop searching for ways to continue to be divided over the past we will be nothing but a mess

graybeard
12-25-2021, 09:19 AM
I don't recall McClung's statue coming down....BTW she was not a doctor.

https://www.choosenellie.com/blog/2020/8/16/nellie-mcclung-a-complex-legacy

Maternal Feminist

Like many suffragists from her time, Nellie L. McClung was an adherent of maternal feminism. The maternal feminism movement posited that women had the responsibility to carry and raise the future members of “the race.”
For some, this meant increasing the proportion of people in future generations with desirable genetic traits and decreasing the persistence...............