PDA

View Full Version : Leica amplus 3 to 18 x 44

leaffan
12-24-2021, 01:14 PM
thinking about purchasing this scope any comments or experience and feedback would be appreciated. I am going to mount it on a Tikka m695 in 7mm rem mag

marky_mark
12-24-2021, 01:16 PM
Give Omer a call from precision optics.
I know he Carries them with almost every other brand and if I’m not mistaken he really likes them

Dean2
12-24-2021, 02:26 PM
I used a few Leica scopes hunting in Europe. Leica, Swaro and Doctor were the three most common scopes on high end guns, and almost all the big objective, as in 65mm and larger scopes used for night shooting were made by Leica. Excellent scopes; on snow covered ground, even with no moon, you could see very well, if the moon was out it was like broad daylight at 2 in the morning.

fishnguy
12-24-2021, 03:14 PM
Don’t have experience with Amplus, but Magnus has fantastic glass, the best that I looked through, to my eye. It is a bit on the heavy side if that is a concern. Magnus also has a very short tube, so mounting can be problematic in some cases, again, not sure about Amplus.

I think Twisted Canuck has an Amplus, unless I am mistaken and it is another Leica model. He is very fond of it, whatever model it is.

Twisted Canuck
12-24-2021, 04:12 PM
Actually, my rifle scope is an older ER, and yes, I really like it. Also my Geovid binoculars are about 15 (?) Years old now, and still great binos. Leica makes good stuff in my experience. I've never looked at Amplus though. If there was a local Leica dealer I would have looked at it for my new rifle, but I'm pretty impressed with the Zeiss I got.

fishnguy
12-24-2021, 11:43 PM
^ Ah, yes, that’s the one. Now I remember.