PDA

View Full Version : How is chestermere to live?

partsman
12-25-2021, 10:59 PM
Niece and her family are moving there in Jan and her mom, my sis in law is moving with them because of the grandchildren, I don't think it will be all that great for them, but what do I know.

Sleddawg
12-26-2021, 06:31 AM
It’s fine. Moved there in 2012. Lacking a few important stores but east hills is 10 minutes away or 15 mins the other way is Strathmore. I prefer heading there and avoiding the city of I can. More banks and nail salons than anything. They are seriously hurting in hockey ice. Only 2 rinks for 23,000 population is pathetic. Lake is nice to have, 2 beaches on it. We use the lake a ton. Lots of paved walking paths and ponds. Friendly people. Larger community but feels small town to us.

partsman
12-27-2021, 04:50 PM
thanks, they wanted us to move with them, but we already moved out of poco to come to Kelowna, I do not want to move to another province now.
Although with them moving the wife is ****ed and wants us to move down into Kelowna or even back to the lower mainland again.

Sleddawg
12-27-2021, 08:00 PM
No problem. Feel free to ask any other specific questions if you are roped into a move this way, or if your niece needs any answers.