PDA

View Full Version : PAL/RPAL expired, what to do?

ak77
12-26-2021, 01:10 PM
So this morning my buddy called me in the light state of panic. He was cleaning his wallet and realized his PAL had expired.
From what I've seen here on the forum over there years it's not very common occurrence, the vast majority of people are responsible shooters. Also, unfortunately can't do the search, it's glitched for me, the "search" window closed for me when I'm trying to enter anything in there.

So what's the best course of action here? Is it as easy as filling out the renewal form? Or are there some major issues to deal with? He's not a very active shooter, probably part of the reason why the license had lapsed. 3-4-6 month wait is not a problem for him.

bat119
12-26-2021, 01:13 PM
https://cssa-cila.org/firearms-license-expiry-and-license-renewals/

Fish along
12-26-2021, 01:17 PM
So this morning my buddy called me in the light state of panic. He was cleaning his wallet and realized his PAL had expired.
From what I've seen here on the forum over there years it's not very common occurrence, the vast majority of people are responsible shooters. Also, unfortunately can't do the search, it's glitched for me, the "search" window closed for me when I'm trying to enter anything in there.

So what's the best course of action here? Is it as easy as filling out the renewal form? Or are there some major issues to deal with? He's not a very active shooter, probably part of the reason why the license had lapsed. 3-4-6 month wait is not a problem for him.

When it comes to the picture of yourself, you can take it with your phone thats what i did last time and is was accepted, the rest is just fill out the forms,just contact the RCMP for what you need.:)Seasons Greetings. I wouldnt be to worried as a game warden wont ask for a PAL only your hunting licence,its however different when you are buying a gun or amunition then you must have it.

Yukongold
12-26-2021, 01:25 PM
The online renewal is easy and straight forward. The only glitch is the picture in that it has to be sized properly to their specs or the application will be rejected. Basically, take the picture on your phone and send it to a teenager to format it to the correct sizing LOL Once the application is accepted your new PAL will show up in your mail box providing your still on speaking terms with your ex-wife.

bat119
12-26-2021, 01:36 PM
The online renewal is easy and straight forward. The only glitch is the picture in that it has to be sized properly to their specs or the application will be rejected. Basically, take the picture on your phone and send it to a teenager to format it to the correct sizing LOL Once the application is accepted your new PAL will show up in your mail box providing your still on speaking terms with your ex-wife.

LOL I thought I was the only one that struggled with that, I tried a dozen or so before the 14 yr old grandson stepped into help.

elkhunter11
12-26-2021, 02:27 PM

If his PAL expired less than six months ago, he just needs to renew it. If his PAL expired more than six months ago, it isn't a renewal, it's a new application, as if he has never held a PAL, and that could take anywhere from 4-12 months.

ak77
12-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Thank you all.

I didn't know it can be done online, i believe i still had to submit paper copies last time I had to do it.
I have no problem resizing pictures to the size, was part of the IT crowd in my previous life.
And it's not me, it's my buddy, honest! :bad_boys_20:
And lastly, I believe it is under 6 month, but just barely. He better get his ass in gear then.

Thanks again

Frank Grimes
01-15-2022, 05:04 PM
Has anyone had any issues with the online pal renewal? It won’t let me edit any of the greyed out boxes for my spouses I for, and won’t let me go any farther. Step 5 of 9 I think. I’ve tried a few times. Is it a phone issue maybe?

tknecht
01-15-2022, 09:24 PM
How do you find out if you lost you wallet and all your stuff that was in it if your pal expired last birthday?

ak77
01-15-2022, 11:37 PM
How do you find out if you lost you wallet and all your stuff that was in it if your pal expired last birthday?

Huh? What on Earth are you talking about???

Savage Bacon
01-16-2022, 08:29 AM
The boss had her RPAL expire and just refilled, and mailed in the form. Easy squeezy. I think it took 3 months for it to come in the mail.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Au revoir, Gopher
01-16-2022, 08:29 AM

I believe you would need to fill out form RCMP 5515 (https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearms/firearms-forms#f9) to request a replacement PAL. You will find out then if it has expired or not.

ARG

starvin
01-16-2022, 08:42 PM
My brother in law noticed his pal had expired 5 1/2 months previous. Sent in the normal online renewal and had his license 3 weeks later.

Parker Hale
01-17-2022, 08:39 AM
When it comes to the picture of yourself, you can take it with your phone thats what i did last time and is was accepted, the rest is just fill out the forms,just contact the RCMP for what you need.:)Seasons Greetings. I wouldnt be to worried as a game warden wont ask for a PAL only your hunting licence,its however different when you are buying a gun or amunition then you must have it.

Here in B.C. I got stopped for a check by a CO on my first trip out this fall. The first thing he asked for was my PAL, more concerned about that than my hunting license and tags.

bat119
01-17-2022, 09:11 AM
I've also been asked by a warden for my PAL when checking my license

The firearms website is down this morning locked me out, we had a disagreement about where I was born, I know I'm right, phoned the number we are busy call back later "click"

What a crap system

owlhoot
01-17-2022, 09:29 AM
I thought the CFP sent you a renewal notice 3 months before the expiry date, At least they did for me on my last renewal.