PDA

View Full Version : this makes me uneasy

silvertip
12-28-2021, 10:05 AM
sometimes I shake my head and just wonder where we are going

real tired of the goofs snooping around

https://spencerfernando.com/2021/12/26/canadians-should-be-outraged-by-authoritarian-mass-surveillance/

Savage Bacon
12-28-2021, 10:12 AM
Pretty soon it will be mandatory to have our microchips installed.

I guess on the bright side... no standing in line anymore at the grocery store. Your payment will be automatically deducted when you're scanned while leaving the store.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Big Grey Wolf
12-28-2021, 10:15 AM
However with All the security cameras we now are All under continuous 1984. Even without guberment you are being watched, if nothing to hide I do not care much if I am on Candid camera.
Major opposition members as well as people from so called wrong countries were always being watched by RCMP, nothing has changed.

jungleboy
12-28-2021, 10:19 AM
They have been keeping track of you in some form since you got your first smart phone. Big brother is always watching one way or another.

If you really want to avoid the government keeping tabs on you . Get rid of the phone and the computer. Buy an old pre fuel injection vehicle and hunker down in the bush.

MK2750
12-28-2021, 10:33 AM
Yeah, that's the right attitude.

Wait until you get your insurance increases and speeding tickets monthly via email. It's all for the greater good.

And if it is okay for the government, it will soon be allowable for your employer. No worries there unless you stop for a burger or leave work 2 seconds early. Stopping to chat with a fellow employee will be considered theft of company time and extra time at break will be deducted from your pay automatically.

The future is friendly.

silvertip
12-28-2021, 10:43 AM
reading a book dealing with the hacking of the Homo Sapiens

interesting read

he has a few books out, not promoting him

21 lessons for the 21century, is one

by
Yuval Noah Harari

Trochu
12-28-2021, 10:44 AM
They have been keeping track of you in some form since you got your first smart phone. Big brother is always watching one way or another.

If you really want to avoid the government keeping tabs on you . Get rid of the phone and the computer. Buy an old pre fuel injection vehicle and hunker down in the bush.

This attitude reminds me of "You don't like how I'm doing it, why don't you do it yourself". Well, no, I'm paying you to do it, and I want you to do it right.

Just because they are doing something, doesn't mean it's right.

MyAlberta
12-28-2021, 11:06 AM
Just think, back in the good ol days, everyone with a phone had their contact info published and publicly distributed. Maybe getting off the internet would actually support what your suggesting.

jungleboy
12-28-2021, 11:15 AM
This attitude reminds me of "You don't like how I'm doing it, why don't you do it yourself". Well, no, I'm paying you to do it, and I want you to do it right.

Just because they are doing something, doesn't mean it's right.

It isn’t an attitude it is simply a fact. I am not saying it is right I am saying it is not a new phenomenon.
And realistically in this day and age if you want to fly under the radar you don’t have much for options beyond going off grid.

jungleboy
12-28-2021, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that's the right attitude.

Wait until you get your insurance increases and speeding tickets monthly via email. It's all for the greater good.

And if it is okay for the government, it will soon be allowable for your employer. No worries there unless you stop for a burger or leave work 2 seconds early. Stopping to chat with a fellow employee will be considered theft of company time and extra time at break will be deducted from your pay automatically.

The future is friendly.

You don’t get speeding tickets and insurance increases by mail? You have fellow employees that you chat with? That means you are collecting a pay check and big brother knows all about you.

daveyn
12-28-2021, 11:29 AM
Remember when you used to write a cheque to pay for you groceries or your power bill and literally handed a stranger a piece of paper with your name, address, phone number, bank account numbers and branch locations.
The phone book had your name, address and phone number for all the world to see.
Your tax return tells a whole bunch of federal agencies your name, address, phone number, SIN, whether or not you are married, have kids, where you work, how much money you make, if you are disabled or have family members with disabilities, if you went to school, what school you attended, what dates you went to school, what investments you have and where they are, what other properties you might own,who your business partners are and on and on. Yet we get all concerned about our privacy when we are lumped in with thousands of other people on a data base that really doesn't care about anything other than where this group of people might consistently be. Its not actually tracking you as an individual, its tracking you as part of a demographic group, and who cares.
The big picture is that you are just not important enough to anybody outside of your immediate family to give a crap about where you are today. You just aren't that important.
However there are individuals out there that will play up this fear and ask you for money to support their campaign to fight for your right to privacy. It has nothing to do with an altruistic righteous campaign to defend your right to be anonymous and all about how I can ratchet up the fear and make a few bucks off of it.
Just my opinion
I like to worry about things I can actually influence and don't really care if the eye in the sky knows I went to WalMart today.

jungleboy
12-28-2021, 11:33 AM
Remember when you used to write a cheque to pay for you groceries or your power bill and literally handed a stranger a piece of paper with your name, address, phone number, bank account numbers and branch locations.
The phone book had your name, address and phone number for all the world to see.
Your tax return tells a whole bunch of federal agencies your name, address, phone number, SIN, whether or not you are married, have kids, where you work, how much money you make, if you are disabled or have family members with disabilities, if you went to school, what school you attended, what dates you went to school, what investments you have and where they are, what other properties you might own,who your business partners are and on and on. Yet we get all concerned about our privacy when we are lumped in with thousands of other people on a data base that really doesn't care about anything other than where this group of people might consistently be. Its not actually tracking you as an individual, its tracking you as part of a demographic group, and who cares.
The big picture is that you are just not important enough to anybody outside of your immediate family to give a crap about where you are today. You just aren't that important.
However there are individuals out there that will play up this fear and ask you for money to support their campaign to fight for your right to privacy. It has nothing to do with an altruistic righteous campaign to defend your right to be anonymous and all about how I can ratchet up the fear and make a few bucks off of it.
Just my opinion
I like to worry about things I can actually influence and don't really care if the eye in the sky knows I went to WalMart today.

Well said .

fishtank
12-28-2021, 11:46 AM
No Government like to give up power, so expect them to do anything to keep it . It’s been like that Long before Snowden spill the beans . Data mining is a big business microsoft Apple google and Facebook has a lot of your information and make big money on it .

Redhorse Ranch
12-28-2021, 12:05 PM
The canary in the coal mine tipped over dead quite some time ago.

I hope a great many more people become uneasy.

Jason Bourne
12-28-2021, 12:47 PM
Well said .

Just my opinion

So because "they" have all that info on you from the voluntary/legal avenues you noted it's ok to take it illegally as the OP posted? I'm not sure the argument is what data "they" have on an individual as it is how they obtained it. Big difference.

brendan's dad
12-28-2021, 12:58 PM
I think there is a big difference between the government using one person's cell phone to track that specific person vs using cell phone data to track the movement of the Canadian population in general.

Ever look at google maps to see which portion of the hwy is "red", indicating traffic is stopped? The reason this is so much more reliable then "road reports" is that google is actually monitoring phones with location services activated, and seeing whether the phones are moving or not.

Ever get the alert telling you how far you are from home? How the heck does your phone know where to live? If you phone knows where you live, then the tracking data from your phone can be used to develop averages on how much, and how far the average persons travels in a year. What they are talking about in the article is using that data to predict the spread of future viruses.

I don't know enough about analyzing this data to say one way or the other if the data will be valuable to future pandemic responses. But as mentioned earlier by others, I too know I am not important enough for the government to care whether I travelled to Saskatchewan or not, and if they want to use that info to develop an average on the amount of travel an Albertan does in a year, I don't really see the need to be alarmed

jungleboy
12-28-2021, 12:59 PM
So because "they" have all that info on you from the voluntary/legal avenues you noted it's ok to take it illegally as the OP posted? I'm not sure the argument is what data "they" have on an individual as it is how they obtained it. Big difference.

Okay well, carry on then.

EZM
12-28-2021, 01:40 PM
I recently came back from US and had to (required to by law) to use the Arrive CAN system to regain entry into Canada.

I was "randomly selected" to be tested again upon arrival (despite the fact I provided a negative test result as per entry requirements a day earlier).

They "asked" me, due to the high number of cases in Houston, TX, to voluntarily isolate (but I suspect, with a clean test, they could not "force" or "mandate" me to do so). They checked in with me everyday to ask questions, on the third day I deleted the AP and, within an hour or so, a phone call, they asked me to reinstall the AP and I refused.

They could no longer "track me" I guess.

I also stopped taking their calls - there was no need to harass me at all - I made that clear to the "government agents".

This was very strange. Very eye opening. I felt violated.

The only thing I could think of is maybe someone on the plane tested positive on the landing? I dunno - either way - was totally offside.

MyAlberta
12-28-2021, 02:28 PM

They bought it from the provider who you agreed, with your service contract, that they could sell it.

bat119
12-28-2021, 03:21 PM
I don't believe our incompetent government could track 50 million people when they can't even run an accurate pay system for their employee's, another example was the gun registry couldn't track 20% properly.

Even if big brother is watching he couldn't keep track of the information.

DirtShooter
12-28-2021, 03:27 PM

Doesn't matter, just because it's there in some form doesn't mean we should allow it to progress.

There's about a 50/50 chance you have the cells in your prostate to develop prostate cancer, should you let it progress just because "its there now, oh well"

????

DirtShooter
12-28-2021, 03:28 PM
I recently came back from US and had to (required to by law) to use the Arrive CAN system to regain entry into Canada.

I was "randomly selected" to be tested again upon arrival (despite the fact I provided a negative test result as per entry requirements a day earlier).

They "asked" me, due to the high number of cases in Houston, TX, to voluntarily isolate (but I suspect, with a clean test, they could not "force" or "mandate" me to do so). They checked in with me everyday to ask questions, on the third day I deleted the AP and, within an hour or so, a phone call, they asked me to reinstall the AP and I refused.

They could no longer "track me" I guess.

I also stopped taking their calls - there was no need to harass me at all - I made that clear to the "government agents".

This was very strange. Very eye opening. I felt violated.

The only thing I could think of is maybe someone on the plane tested positive on the landing? I dunno - either way - was totally offside.

And you still provide ever tom, dick and jane with your private medical info aka QR code with a smile on your face as you sit down and to annihilate your next meal.

fordtruckin
12-28-2021, 06:52 PM

Sign me up!!! Mid 70s ford pick up, no cell phone no internet just me in the middle of nowhere with my family and a few people I don’t mind hanging out with! Sounds wonderful!

Savage Bacon
12-28-2021, 08:27 PM
Sign me up!!! Mid 70s ford pick up, no cell phone no internet just me in the middle of nowhere with my family and a few people I don’t mind hanging out with! Sounds wonderful!That doesn't sound so bad

CptnBlues63
01-06-2022, 03:07 PM
Pretty soon it will be mandatory to have our microchips installed.

You, like so many others including myself, already have a chip. Here's yours:

and the gov't didn't even have to sneak it into you in the form of a vaccine............LOL...........you bought it and carry it willingly.

You can shut the "find me" stuff down on it and all that will do is prevent your better half from knowing you're at the local pub all night watching the game and swilling beer with your bro's. It won't stop big brother from knowing your every move.

bat119
01-06-2022, 04:41 PM
Reminds of a 1967 movie the presidents analyst

A must watch

TPC has developed a "modern electronic miracle", the Cerebrum Communicator (CC), a microelectronic device that can communicate wirelessly with any other CC in the world. With the CC implanted in the brain, a user need only think of the phone number to be called, and is instantly connected, thus eliminating the need for The Phone Company's massive and expensive wired infrastructure. For this to work, every human being will be assigned a number instead of a name, and will have the CC implanted prenatally. Schaefer is to be forced to assist the TPC scheme by blackmailing the president to pushing through the required legislation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_President%27s_Analyst

Stinky Buffalo
01-07-2022, 05:51 PM
At least our government is on top of it; it has a department assigned to address biodigital convergence:

https://horizons.gc.ca/en/2020/02/11/exploring-biodigital-convergence/

silvertip
01-07-2022, 06:32 PM
https://horizons.gc.ca/en/2020/02/11...l-convergence/

read some of this

wow some real sci-fiction on its way

to be implanted into our lives

from bed sheets to a drone to pick up a childs tooth to have it cataloged

lmtada
01-07-2022, 08:14 PM
Co-op grocery still takes cheques at the checkout.

Just my opinion