PDA

View Full Version : SWFA scopes

6.5 shooter
12-28-2021, 09:12 PM
Anyone have real world experience with these? and if so did you buy them here in Canada? Mostly interested in the 10X SS model the HD model seems a bit pricey for my purposes.

Pathfinder76
12-28-2021, 10:23 PM
Anyone have real world experience with these? and if so did you buy them here in Canada? Mostly interested in the 10X SS model the HD model seems a bit pricey for my purposes.

I have a pair of 3-10 HD’s. i bought them when you could order direct. They are a great scope. They track exactly like they should.

BigJon
12-29-2021, 10:44 AM
I had a 10x SS, it tracked, held zero and returned to zero like it should. The parallax scale wasn’t accurate, while not a deal breaker is pretty lame. I have seen that with other riflescopes before as well. The turret would come loose on the erector spindle while shooting (twisting turrets) in -30ish weather. Combination of different materials contracting differently I guess? Once again, probably not a deal breaker but i just did not like that. I have never had that happen with other scopes/turrets either.

Aside from the mismatched reticle/turret, I prefer the Leupold Mark 4 fixed 10, so I kept that one to fulfill my fixed 10 needs.

kujoseto
12-29-2021, 04:14 PM
I just picked up the 10x42 HD mil-quad off CGN and haven’t even mounted it.
The construction seems as described by all the fans. The glass is quite sharp and I’m looking forward to taking it to multiple different distances with a reliable hand load. By all accounts it tracks well so until I try it I don’t have much else to say.
Heavy scope with large ocular “bell” (? Why does that sound like the wrong word?) and quality seems to be evident

Pathfinder76
12-29-2021, 06:38 PM
I had a 10x SS, it tracked, held zero and returned to zero like it should. The parallax scale wasn’t accurate, while not a deal breaker is pretty lame. I have seen that with other riflescopes before as well. The turret would come loose on the erector spindle while shooting (twisting turrets) in -30ish weather. Combination of different materials contracting differently I guess? Once again, probably not a deal breaker but i just did not like that. I have never had that happen with other scopes/turrets either.

Aside from the mismatched reticle/turret, I prefer the Leupold Mark 4 fixed 10, so I kept that one to fulfill my fixed 10 needs.

The HD version definitely has a leg up in the turret department

6.5 shooter
12-29-2021, 09:39 PM
They have changed the turret set up no more set screws on a brass post now it is a spindle with one central screw holding the cap on. The Leupold mark 4 would be awesome. The freedom line is running close to the same price... hummm!

Sig72
01-01-2022, 02:18 PM
I have a 10x44 with mil reticle on a used Rem700 308, I think it's a great scope for the money.
At 100y I can see the orange inch dia sticky targets just enough to shoot for groups.
It's a nice simple scope, I also have a Bushnell 10x40 which is also a good scope.
Out of the 2 I prefer the SWFA not by a lot but enough. Mainly as the crosshairs are a little finer , the Bushnells are heavier. It's only a problem on small targets though.