PDA

View Full Version : credit card question to get money back

walker1
12-29-2021, 12:30 PM
Like many people had a trip to Mexico booked about 20 months ago. A certain virus changed plans and my airline ( Westjet )cancelled and I took the credit.
It was a credit good for 24 months and who knows what is going to happen or when I can travel south with the family again so I feel the need to get my cash back. I was not worried about an airline going under but now concerned with the time expiration and do not want to be out the $.
How did some of you in my situation proceed ? Call CC company and next????
Timelines or do's or dont's ???

RBC is my bank

Thanks for replies.

Dean2
12-29-2021, 12:32 PM
Call Westjet and get credit extended. Since you accepted the credit, your bank will NOT reverse the charge on your credit card. That and you are WAY past the filing date in any case.

tirebob
12-29-2021, 12:35 PM
Like many people had a trip to Mexico booked about 20 months ago. A certain virus changed plans and my airline ( Westjet )cancelled and I took the credit.
It was a credit good for 24 months and who knows what is going to happen or when I can travel south with the family again so I feel the need to get my cash back. I was not worried about an airline going under but now concerned with the time expiration and do not want to be out the $.
How did some of you in my situation proceed ? Call CC company and next????
Timelines or do's or dont's ???

RBC is my bank

Thanks for replies.

If Westjet cancelled the flight, you can apply and get a refund, no need to go to your credit card company.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/prepare/covid/refunds

Grizzly Adams1
12-29-2021, 02:07 PM
My son's Mother in Law got this crap from Westjet. Legally. they' re required to return your money and the stipulation they would was part of the aid package they got, but they keep waffling, amazing what they come up with. Credit good for two years ? They are in Mexico right now . :D Seemed to be the only way to get her money back.

Grizz

walker1
12-29-2021, 09:01 PM
Thanks for info and replies.
It was the airline that cancelled as they all did the same at the time . I will check the link you sent Bob.

lyallpeder
12-29-2021, 09:27 PM
I was in a similar situation with WestJet with a flight to Vegas late March 2020. Now 2 years later I booked my credit for another Vegas trip hoping things are better in March 2022. I wanted my money back but apparently not all flights qualified because of a layover on an international flight or something.

Grizzly Adams1
12-30-2021, 04:14 PM
My son's Mother in Law got this crap from Westjet. Legally. they' re required to return your money and the stipulation they would was part of the aid package they got, but they keep waffling, amazing what they come up with. Credit good for two years ? They are in Mexico right now . :D Seemed to be the only way to get her money back.

Grizz

A glitch in coming back, can't fault Westjet for the fix.

So westjet gave us The Hilton all inclusive.
The lowest price for this is about 1400.00 a day!
We got 2 rooms

Grizz

walker1
12-31-2021, 11:27 AM
I submitted the request form that bob sent. I await their reply.
Thanks again.

tirebob
12-31-2021, 11:55 AM
I submitted the request form that bob sent. I await their reply.
Thanks again.
It can take a good long while just be aware, but it does work.

walker1
12-31-2021, 03:27 PM
It can take a good long while just be aware, but it does work.

Yeah I heard some of the horror stories but wanted the ball rolling as my 24 month credit ends in April. Will update when I hear. Even another 24 month credit would work but prefer my $ cash.