PDA

View Full Version : Treatment for winter blah feeling

antlercarver
12-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Roam through a few garden seed catalogs.:)

Ken07AOVette
12-29-2021, 01:04 PM
Sing a song

The Alberta Christmas weather song 2021.
(to the tune of I "dont want to play house")

I dont wanna go ou-side,
cause it's so cold out,
I feel so old out,
and I don' wanna diiiiie,

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....

(repeat until April)

Dean2
12-29-2021, 01:10 PM
I can't honestly say winter makes me feel blah, but I really do love plowing the driveway on my Quad on nice sunny days like today. Always brings a smile to my face.

obsessed1
12-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Buck and split firewood, Call coyotes, watch coyote hunting vid if it's too cold to do anything outside..
I used to have a plan to learn and develop a skill every winter.
So far I have done
Leather work
Sewing
Axe, saw restoration
Welding

Pick a new skill to focus on and secure the supplies/ tools and start learning...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

shooter55
12-29-2021, 01:33 PM
love to spend the afternoon in the 'gun room' and go through the safe; always brings me happiness. And just getting it all organized. My gun room isn't that big, but fits the safes, shelves and reloading gear. The energy within is a good one
outside, it's cold and crisp. I'm fortunate to have a dog that enjoys snow and walks, so that always brings me joy

Smokinyotes
12-29-2021, 03:12 PM
I don’t mind the cold at all as long as I can stay warm. It’s the wind I hate because I feel sorry for the cows. What I like to do when it’s cold is order “gunstuff” and play in the gun room.

Mb-MBR
12-29-2021, 03:58 PM
I like to get outside and snowshoe and work on my golf game in the living room . more putting then anything else. I also like hunting coyotes but these temps are a little too cold to venture where I need to go to do that......

huntinstuff
12-29-2021, 05:10 PM
I can't honestly say winter makes me feel blah, but I really do love plowing the driveway on my Quad on nice sunny days like today. Always brings a smile to my face.

X2

I bundle up and see what starts

Quad. Always
Skidoo. Yes
Generator. Yes

Then i build a fire in the backyard and somehow it feels warmer out.....

I can amuse myself for hours outside

nimrod
12-29-2021, 05:28 PM
Im headed out fishing on the 2nd to get out of my house, this cold is not great at all

JD848
12-29-2021, 05:31 PM
X2

I bundle up and see what starts

Quad. Always
Skidoo. Yes
Generator. Yes

Then i build a fire in the backyard and somehow it feels warmer out.....

I can amuse myself for hours outside

Seeing that this an outdoors site ,your right on track ,my grandson builds a fire every night and I go over to just get out . Bundle up an just get some fresh air.

I have to change the oil in my 2 generators, so you reminded me about a project that needs doing. Fire them both up for winter fishing, I carry one along with a couple things i use in my shack.

Enjoy the winter as much as you can HS and have a great NEW YEAR.

CHEERS
JD

Ken07AOVette
12-29-2021, 05:37 PM
I just keep hoping for snow. Feet and feet and feet of it. 4-5" every 4-5 days would be perfect all winter long.

huntinstuff
12-29-2021, 05:56 PM
Seeing that this an outdoors site ,your right on track ,my grandson builds a fire every night and I go over to just get out . Bundle up an just get some fresh air.

I have to change the oil in my 2 generators, so you reminded me about a project that needs doing. Fire them both up for winter fishing, I carry one along with a couple things i use in my shack.

Enjoy the winter as much as you can HS and have a great NEW YEAR.

CHEERS
JD

You too brother!

MyAlberta
12-29-2021, 06:23 PM
Blow soap bubbles off the deck to see if you can make ice spheres

Ken07AOVette
12-29-2021, 06:35 PM
Blow soap bubbles off the deck to see if you can make ice spheres

Patio door is frozen shut lol

vinny
12-29-2021, 06:38 PM
Go to Arizona. I find it helps a great deal.

Rvsask
12-30-2021, 07:30 AM
I just keep hoping for snow. Feet and feet and feet of it. 4-5" every 4-5 days would be perfect all winter long.

This is the exact reason I have winter depression, I absolutely hate the deep snow conditions. It’s as though it’s nearly ruined off everything I look forward to regarding winter.

waldedw
12-30-2021, 07:36 AM
I was outside yesterday scaping a little packed snow off the driveway when my niece stopped by to pick up a couple boxes of stuff, she said why the heck are you out here in this weather doing this, just to get out of the house and get a little exercise, dress warm, get the blood flowing. If the world Junior hockey would not have been cancelled I would have been in my chair watching that.:thinking-006:

ghfalls
12-30-2021, 09:04 AM
Having snowmobiles for the family was a game changer for us for winter. Now we look forward to snow. Not sure there’s a cure the -30 weather though. I take my dogs for cold weather walks quite often as well. Sometimes they look at me like why are we not sitting in front of the fire inside? Lol

Ken07AOVette
12-30-2021, 09:43 AM
This is the exact reason I have winter depression, I absolutely hate the deep snow conditions. It’s as though it’s nearly ruined off everything I look forward to regarding winter.

The only reason I like it is I have snow moving equipment and a contract to plow. Each couple years I went bigger better faster and snow pays off the investment. I snow plow to get through winter faster. It would take 30 more years to pay back the equipment but it's all paid for, and is a nice asset sitting there which has appreciated the last 2 years. If we get real snow someone will hand me a hundred grand for the payloader.

Grizzly Adams1
12-30-2021, 11:07 AM
Check vehicles, feed dog and horses, bring in fire wood, do one selected fix it thing, check AO a couple of times, watch news, make supper, day is about done. :lol: Every second day is a get out of the house day.

Grizz

lmtada
12-30-2021, 11:28 AM
Workout 🏋️*♀️. Everyday, or every other day. Shed some pounds over winter. Be ready for spring fishing, fall hunts. 🏋️*♂️

pdog15
12-30-2021, 02:07 PM
I’m logging many pleasant hours checking out computer games - the oldies like hearts, whist, crib, bridge, solitaire, and particularly chess. Used to play a bit of cards back in the day but have never checked them out on the computer and they are really neat. Never played chess or bridge but this has been a fun way to learn both of them as a rank beginner.

Lefty
12-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Think about how nice it is to be outside not surrounded with hornets! I also find taking vitamin D helps me feel better and it matters which one a person takes as they are not all the same. Some come with ingredients that help the body absorb the vitamin. The doctor tested a person I work with last year and put them on a high vitamin D dose for a month and retested them. There was no change in their levels and the cheap brand he was taking wasn't absorbing, and he would of had to take them with certain foods for them to work.

Mavrick
12-30-2021, 03:44 PM
Check vehicles, feed dog and horses, bring in fire wood, do one selected fix it thing, check AO a couple of times, watch news, make supper, day is about done. :lol: Every second day is a get out of the house day.

Grizz

Same, horses, cattle and other small animals feeding. Frozen waters, snow plowing, equipment repairs, fix this and that. Drink a bit of coffee, bit of time on the Idiot Pad, 15 minute nap and at er again. Ground Hog Day most days no need to find things to do, it comes to you. And I love every minute of it.

Redfrog
12-30-2021, 04:08 PM
Creeping Facebook looking for old friends and acquaintances I lost contact with.
I've found folks I haven't spoken to in over 70 years.

WV911
12-30-2021, 05:10 PM
The only reason I like it is I have snow moving equipment and a contract to plow. Each couple years I went bigger better faster and snow pays off the investment. I snow plow to get through winter faster. It would take 30 more years to pay back the equipment but it's all paid for, and is a nice asset sitting there which has appreciated the last 2 years. If we get real snow someone will hand me a hundred grand for the payloader.

I did commercial snow maintenance for 30 years and I wished for the opposite. All my contracts were the same price whether we plowed or not. The less we plowed the less gas and salt expense I had

AI 6.5
12-30-2021, 05:29 PM
Go to Arizona. I find it helps a great deal.

Roger that. I ran today in t shirt and shorts. Don't miss the cold snap at all though I don't wish this extreme cold on anyone.

ward
12-30-2021, 06:29 PM
Workout 🏋️*♀️. Everyday, or every other day. Shed some pounds over winter. Be ready for spring fishing, fall hunts. 🏋️*♂️

Exercise is great for the head. I always feel better afterward.