PDA

View Full Version : UPS Sign off?

The Elkster
12-30-2021, 02:29 PM
So I just ordered something from Cabela's Canada and UPS sent me an email with the tracking info but also included the following request

"A signature is required for package delivery. Log in or enroll in UPS My Choice to take any action." ...email included a sign off button link which took me to a site that didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. At this point I don't plan on signing off.

My question is has anyone else seen this and if so did you bother? almost seems like a info phishing technique as I've never had to sign off prior to delivery on anything else but also never deal with UPS. BTW this order is fishing equip below $200 and so not a high value delivery or security risk or anything.

Thanks for any feedback,
Elk

IronNoggin
12-30-2021, 02:33 PM
Got the exact same email.
Ignored it.

Cheers,
Nog

The Elkster
12-30-2021, 02:45 PM
Did they deliver as normal or are you still waiting? I'm wondering if they show up and I'm not there for a physical sign off whether they'll still drop off or not.

Thanks

IronNoggin
12-30-2021, 02:55 PM
Still waiting.
Next Tuesday apparently.
I'll be hanging around for it.

Cheers,
Nog

MK2750
12-30-2021, 02:59 PM
Just received a UPS order from Cabelas yesterday. Received the regular tracking info and package was dropped off a day early. Rang the bell and vanished before I could reach the door.

pikergolf
12-30-2021, 04:11 PM
It is for your convenience. Cabela's wants a signature, if you are not going to be home they are giving you the option of leaving said package on your door step. If you will be home don't sign it. If you won't be home and don't want it left don't sign it, they will leave a notice and you can go pick it up at the UPS store.

Hilgy
12-30-2021, 05:14 PM
It is for your convenience. Cabela's wants a signature, if you are not going to be home they are giving you the option of leaving said package on your door step. If you will be home don't sign it. If you won't be home and don't want it left don't sign it, they will leave a notice and you can go pick it up at the UPS store.

^^^^^

I turn it off and on depending on what is being delivered. If its something that I'm worried about being stolen I just turn signature required back on and if I'm not home they hold it at the depot for me to pick up.

IronNoggin
12-31-2021, 02:55 PM
1/3 of my order showed up today.
Not certain where the rest is, but suppose it may show on their noted delivery date of Tuesday next.

Rang the doorbell and RAN!
Happy I was home to collect it rather than donating to the porch bandits.

Nog

fishnguy
12-31-2021, 03:17 PM
I had an order left at the side door (like it usually is) and it sat there for a couple of days until my cousin was able to take it inside for me. I never signed up for this as it would probably rid them off their responsibility if something happens to the package once they drop it off.

I do not remember the last time UPS asked for a signature even when it is clearly required. Only FedEx did in the past little while. Canada post do the “digital signature” where you just say your name.

The Elkster
12-31-2021, 03:23 PM
"Rang the doorbell and ran" LOL that struck a cord with me. Can't tell you how many times I've heard the doorbell and in the short time it took me to get to the door the driver had vanished...and I have a long driveway. They must have some new stealth tech :)

Good to hear they dropped it. Thanks for the update