PDA

View Full Version : Medical Mary Jane dispensary (Shoppers Drug Mart)

pikergolf
12-30-2021, 06:26 PM
I have been with CanniMed (great) but they were bought out by Aurora. Terrible experiences with them, always out of stock of what I use. Does anyone use the Shoppers dispensary, how has your experience been?

Sleddawg
12-31-2021, 07:56 AM
Is there a huge difference in the stuff thats medical grade compared to what you can get at the local stores? Just curious.

Recently just started with some edibles for sleep aid as I work a lot of night shifts and the back and forth makes my sleep patterns miserable.

ganderblaster
12-31-2021, 07:58 AM
Melatonin is cheaper might not be strong enough

Sleddawg
12-31-2021, 09:12 AM
Melatonin is cheaper might not be strong enough

Definitely doesn't do the trick anymore. I am sure most of my issues are mental but with enough edibles the mental doesn't work anymore so

Dolly’s Mom
12-31-2021, 04:59 PM
I use cannabis for sleep. I had a script and got it filled through Aphria online. Let it expire and started going to Fire & Flower. Very happy with their customer service and recommendations. Haven’t tried Co-Op so can’t comment.

The Cook
01-01-2022, 10:56 AM
I was introduced to "Supherbs" by a fellow AO member and have been getting my edibles from them for a couple of years. They are a Calgary outfit with 2 hr delivery if you live in town and it usually takes 2 days for Canada Post to get it to Canmore. Free delivery over $100.00 and a great selection of CBD & THC edibles. I highly recommend Them.

www.supherbscanada.store

aulrich
01-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Grow your own, cheaper and better quality than government and cleaner than free-market.

Even if you don't want to buy a tent and grow indoors, you can grow auto-flowering versions outside in Alberta.

Ask yourself this, would you trade 100-150
$ (seeds, pots, soil, and fertilizer enough to set up 4 plants outside) and the time to keep care of outside plants for 70-100 days for a year's worth of weed. would you make the trade?

I convert my trim into butter (with my instapot) then into caramels, a cup of butter makes about 80 10-20mg doses (not tested just my estimate).

To put it into perspective

Just check my local gov dispensary 10 mg of caramels are 4.50 so using my low estimate, 14 grams of my trim turns into 360$ of caramels. If I used flower it could be twice that.

So is that worth your time and effort?

MyAlberta
01-03-2022, 10:15 PM
Grow your own, cheaper and better quality than government and cleaner than free-market.

Even if you don't want to buy a tent and grow indoors, you can grow auto-flowering versions outside in Alberta.

$ (seeds, pots, soil, and fertilizer enough to set up 4 plants outside) and the time to keep care of outside plants for 70-100 days for a year's worth of weed. would you make the trade?

I convert my trim into butter (with my instapot) then into caramels, a cup of butter makes about 80 10-20mg doses (not tested just my estimate).

Just check my local gov dispensary 10 mg of caramels are 4.50 so using my low estimate, 14 grams of my trim turns into 360$ of caramels. If I used flower it could be twice that.

I buttered a batch of flower. Little goes a long way. It can impair so schedule time out.

pikergolf
01-04-2022, 08:53 AM

Any book or web site you would recommend for information.

aulrich
01-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Here are a couple of places to start,

an autoflower book

https://www.amazon.ca/DIY-Autoflowering-Cannabis-Easy-Grow/dp/0865719160/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2TSQ5SYL4W1Q4&keywords=jeff+lowenfels&qid=1641317745&s=books&sprefix=jeff+low%2Cstripbooks%2C101&sr=1-2

a more general starting point not limited to auto flowering

https://www.amazon.ca/Grow-Pot-Cheaply-Cannabis-Massive-ebook/dp/B07NKMT9D9/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2ZNTHTEORJI0U&keywords=grow+pot+cheaply&qid=1641317841&s=books&sprefix=grow+pot+cheaply%2Cstripbooks%2C92&sr=1-1

Stoner Granny's recipies
https://www.youtube.com/c/DiamondDelightEdibles

Everything you want to know and more about growing

https://www.amazon.ca/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/187882323X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3M4EL9OXVOXIZ&keywords=jorge+cervantes&qid=1641318243&s=books&sprefix=jorge%2Cstripbooks%2C117&sr=1-1

TheFall
01-04-2022, 03:38 PM
I have been with CanniMed (great) but they were bought out by Aurora. Terrible experiences with them, always out of stock of what I use. Does anyone use the Shoppers dispensary, how has your experience been?

I use shoppers for my medical. That being said I have never ordered from them.

I got my medical for nausea problems (could not eat, lived about 9 years without eating before 1 in the afternoon, threw up bile around 6:00am 5-6 morning per week, traditional medicine was at a complete loss after about 3-4 years of testing and experimenting before someone said I should try Cannabis, pretty much normal now after 6 years)

Originally I was with Aurora, it was one of the only ones to choose from at the time, they used to be good, but now they are just really expensive for crappy cannabis and you have to order so much, it really sucks when you get 160$ worth of product you can not use because it makes you paranoid and uncomfortable, especially when you have never used it before.

I split my prescription with shoppers (am going to move it to full shoppers). Again I have not ordered but their selection and prices are awesome (compared to the 4 different medical suppliers I have tried). You can order from most of the major producers now and the usually have deals. I use about 10-15 grams per year and there are only a few genetic strains that work for me so what I do is I check to see if it is cheaper at shoppers or if it is cheaper at the local dispensary for what I want. I get to keep my medical paperwork that way and 85% of the time the local Canna Cabana beats shoppers (for the volumes that I use anyway) and the other times I have too much to work through to capitalize on the deals at shoppers. This also allowed me to rather quickly figure out which strains work and which do not (after struggling buying 100-150$ at a time for 3 years).

If you would like advice or tips and tricks, feel free to message me and I would be happy to help you out. I am not an expert, or a life long pot head, but I can offer a point of view that isn't so much "This will get you super wrecked dude". If you are into growing, the best book is called "The Cannabis Grow bible" I find that it has a good amount of information for professionals as well as hobby/home growers. It also covers processing/curing, yield maximization, concentrates, ext

KMCL0610
01-13-2022, 04:18 AM
I believe that, like any other medications, personal experiences may vary. I have migraines and wanted to give MJ a chance to see whether it could help me feel better. I've tried a variety of migraine medications over the years, as well as the negative effects would be enough to make me avoid taking them. The headaches, on the other hand, are unbearable, so I decided to check if MJ could benefit. It didn't seem to work for me. Cannabis is used (https://www.tokecannabis.com/)by the mother of one of my friends to cure her IBS. That's the only method that works to her. She's tried a lot of different things.

MyAlberta
01-13-2022, 09:37 AM
Works great to reduce the pain in my arthritic hip, but does nothing to the pains in my Lowe back.