PDA

View Full Version : Knee pads for floor

UNDER100yds
12-31-2021, 05:18 PM
Hi for the construction workers any advice for knee pads that don’t hurts behind the legs? I got one big project coming up and the knee pads I got keep sliding and hurting behind the knee. Thanks

ganderblaster
12-31-2021, 05:21 PM
That’s a great question. With the technology out today there has to be something. The best I found were the old fashioned Kuny leather ones. https://www.rona.ca/en/product/kunys-heavy-duty-knee-pads-leather-beige-1-2-in-felt-padding-kp299-1898068
They were amazingly comfortable til they got dried and stiff. Treating them with oil would have extended the life.

CaberTosser
12-31-2021, 05:41 PM
I'll kneel a lot servicing furnaces and boilers, I've found these Timberland pants to be really good as they have Cordura kneepad pockets that you can slip kneepads in and out of, without that annoying strap to worry about. Their fancier articulated kneepads are pricey, but really good. A workwear store had a special on them last year and after buying one pair to try out, I went back for more (I think they were $100 0r $110 at the time, with the kneepads included!). I already had a similar set of theirs with the kneepads I'd bought separately, so I knew what the pads cost ($30 or $40 just for the pads)

Being as the knees are invariably where my pants first get ruined, the Cordura knee was a big selling point as they'll last a lot longer for me.

https://www.timberland.ca/shop/mens-pro-work-pants-shorts-en-ca/mens-timberland-pro-ironhide-knee-pad-work-pant-grey-a1oyl021-en-ca

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
12-31-2021, 06:33 PM
Hockey shin pads work for me. Sometimes too slippery so have to use ordinary knee pads.

58thecat
12-31-2021, 06:58 PM
Ohhh I was going another direction on this.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

fordtruckin
12-31-2021, 09:19 PM
Ohhh I was going another direction on this.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Thought someone was bucking for a promotion eh?

calgarychef
12-31-2021, 10:46 PM
I used to do quite a bit of flooring work. Most kneepads with 2 straps are more comfy if you just use one of them. The padded knees in the construction pants are really nice for occasional kneeling but for long periods the others are better.

HyperMOA
01-01-2022, 01:21 AM
Heavy duty mechanic and my knees are shot. I wear pads everyday and many times it’s 14+ hours. The only pad I’ll use is KneePro III.

waldedw
01-01-2022, 03:03 AM
I can't kneel for more than about 10 seconds and I have sore knees, when we had our house in Arizona I'm sure that our group of old coffee boys did laminate flooring in about 10 units in our park.

I had a pair of the cheap foam ones that I used for little odd jobs and the wife used them when she scrubbed the floors or out in the garden, they were OK but not great, I picked up a pair of gel tech knee pads at home depot, man what a difference I could be on my knees all day and never sore, well worth the $30

spoiledsaskhunter
01-01-2022, 08:22 AM
......i wear carhartts all the time. they have double knees and you can insert a large piece of closed cell foam in them from an opening in the bottom...presto, no more putting on knee pads 'cause they are always in your coveralls. don't even need to take them out when you wash the coveralls. when the coveralls are worn out, take the knee pads out and insert them in the next pair. and they are not the least bit uncomfortable when you are just walking around.

i was going to buy the insert pads they sell for them, but i'm too cheap, so just got a piece of closed cell foam for next to nothing instead of spending to much for the others.

eagleflyfisher
01-07-2022, 08:39 AM
Beno knee pads. Best for us

o.w.l
01-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Heavy duty mechanic and my knees are shot. I wear pads everyday and many times it’s 14+ hours. The only pad I’ll use is KneePro III.

X2 on the KneePro’s. Very lightweight as well

JDK71
01-07-2022, 09:32 AM
That’s a great question. With the technology out today there has to be something. The best I found were the old fashioned Kuny leather ones. https://www.rona.ca/en/product/kunys-heavy-duty-knee-pads-leather-beige-1-2-in-felt-padding-kp299-1898068
They were amazingly comfortable til they got dried and stiff. Treating them with oil would have extended the life.

these are great knee pads been using this type for years and they
keep your knees warm too

stob
01-07-2022, 09:34 AM
Ahhhh!!! nothing like a little Floor Play to get the juices rolling ... volleyball knee pads work very well

Tronneroi
01-07-2022, 11:02 AM
I’ve always used the foam slip-in pads. Any pair of double front work pants should have an opening at the bottom that you can slip them up into.

I’ve never found a pair that strapped around my leg that was comfortable.

https://www.hellyhansen.com/media/catalog/product/7/9/79569_990-2-main.jpg?quality=90&bg-color=255,255,255&fit=bounds&height=&width=&canvas=:

These weigh nothing and don’t impede on range of motion. Only downside I found was that my knee would sweat more in warmer weather, but that’s inherent with any style of knee pad.