PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to register as new member SPFGA?

tranq78
01-01-2022, 12:30 AM
My son turned 18 and we have to now register him as a new member at SPFGA. Previously he was part of our family range membership.

Anyone having success registering as new member? We have not.

It's Jan. 1 and we get "Sales of new memberships for the current year are now closed" which refers to 2021 memberships. Tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge and get same message.

Did I miss something?

:sign0176:

Dean2
01-01-2022, 09:40 AM
This is off the website. I did a renewal worked fine. I have not tried to do a brand new one. You have to make sure you follow the right link. I also know that you have to follow the instructions exactly or it won't process.

https://www.spfga.ca/memberships/

Sherwood Park Fish & Game Association
Buy Membership
Member sign in
Please note:

Sales of new memberships will resume on January 1, 2022
This page is for the purchase of new memberships. If you are trying to renew your membership, sign into your member portal and renew from there.
Review all of the Instructions below prior to making your purchase.
Memberships expire on December 31 of the year they are purchased in.

instruction #1: Review the Membership Terms & Conditions
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Ensure that you have reviewed and understand the SPFGA membership terms and conditions found here.
instruction #2: Read the following

Things you need to know:

This site is not compatible with Internet Explorer. It will work fine with any other major modern web browser, however.
If you are purchasing a separate membership for another person as well (i.e. not part of your family and not included on your membership), you must log out between purchases. Once you have logged out, the system is ready to accept another sign-up.
Each member’s account requires a unique email address (i.e. that email address cannot have been used for another member).

instruction #3: Review the FAQs below

The following section contains the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) we have been asked by people when purchasing a membership.

We strongly encourage you to review these.
I want to purchase a membership for myself, then purchase a membership for someone else. How do I do this?

Answer: You must log out between purchases. Once you have logged out, the system is ready to accept another sign-up. Also, each account requires a unique email address for the primary account member. If you have run into problems, we’ll have to reset the account and you’ll have to re-do the second purchase. Please contact us at memberservices@spfga.ca and include details of the memberships you were trying to purchase if this is the case.
It's telling me my postal code is wrong ("Incomplete postal code"). It's not wrong though - I've double-checked over and over. What is happening?
Why do I have to enter an email address for my kids? I don't know if I'm comfortable with that.
I made an error entering my spouse/child's information. How do I fix it?
instruction #4: Decide on a membership type

Once you have reviewed Instructions 1 through 3 above, the next thing you need to do is decide on a membership type. You will purchase this when you reach the final step below.
Regular

This membership is for adult individuals 18 years of age or older on the day of purchase.

This membership includes access to the Association’s recreational facilities and the archery range.
Price: $78
Regular with Range Privileges

This membership is for adult individuals 18 years of age or older on the day of purchase.

This membership includes access to the Association’s recreational facilities, archery range, and firearms ranges.
Price: $168
Family

This membership is for families whose head of household is 18 years of age or older on the day of purchase and includes their Dependents (a spouse/partner and any children under 18).

This membership includes access to the Association’s recreational facilities and the archery range.

Price: $107
Family with Range Privileges

This membership is for families whose head of household is 18 years of age or older on the day of purchase and includes their Dependents (a spouse/partner and any children under 18).

This membership includes access to the Association’s recreational facilities, archery range, and firearms ranges.

Price: $221
Youth

This membership is for individual children under the age of 18 on the day of purchase. This membership includes access to the Association’s recreational facilities and the archery range.

This membership also includes access to the firearms ranges; to be accompanied by an adult Member with Range Privileges if required by the Facility Rules.

Price: $28
instruction #5: read your welcome email

Once you have completed your membership purchase in the final step below, you will receive a welcome email at the email address you registered with. This email is important and contains critical information you need in order to to be able to continue. Read this email completely and follow its instructions.

If you have not received the welcome email, check your spam folder. If it ended up in your spam folder, instruct your email software that ‘@spfga.ca’ is not spam (you may need to consult the Help in your email software for this).

If you still have not received the welcome email and verified it is not in your spam folder, its contents are contained in Instructions 6, 7, 8 and 9 below – simply follow those instructions to continue. If you are still experiencing difficulty, please contact the office by email at memberservices@spfga.ca or by telephone at (780) 467-0085 during normal business hours.
instruction #6: Add other Family members

If you have purchased a Family or Family with Range Privileges membership, you will need to add your spouse and/or children under the age of 18 to your membership. To do this, use the Add Family Members tab when you are logged into your account.

Note: If you purchased a Regular, Regular with Range Privileges, or Youth membership, this step is of course not applicable.
instruction #7: Complete the online orientation

The property is secured with an electronic gate. You will need an electronic gate access card to access the property. Do not go out to the property before receiving your electronic gate access card.

To recieve this card, you must complete and pass a Facility and Safety Orientation. Primary members are required to complete the orientation, however we encourage all family members to complete this orientation as well.

To complete the orientation, enter your member portal and select ‘Orientation Exam’ from the menu on the left. This orientation is mandatory for all new members.
instruction #8: Print your membership card(s)

You must have proof of your membership with you whenever you are on the property. You may be asked at any time to demonstrate your current SPFGA membership. Please note that your membership card is not your gate access card, they are different things.

An environmentally friendly option to printing is to screenshot it on your phone.

You are also able to purchase a plastic card by clicking the ‘Buy Membership Card’ link in your member portal.
instruction #9: Wait for your electronic gate access card

Once you have completed the Orientation and passed the Exam, the office will prepare and send your electronic gate access card.

Do not go out to the property before receiving your electronic gate access card. The property has an automated gate with a scan pad and you will not be able to access the property until this card arrives. It will take approximately two to three weeks from the time of passing the Orientation Exam for your electronic gate access card to arrive by mail.

If more than three weeks have passed since you completed your exam, please contact the office by email at memberservices@spfga.ca or by telephone during normal business hours.

If you would prefer to pick up you card in person, contact the office to arrange a time during normal business hours to pick it up.
Having read and understood Instructions 1 through 9,
you are now ready to proceed with your purchase.

Address

Box 3098 Stn Main
Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2T1

Phone

(780) 467-0085

Email

memberservices@spfga.ca

tranq78
01-01-2022, 10:45 AM
This is off the website. I did a renewal worked fine. I have not tried to do a brand new one. You have to make sure you follow the right link. I also know that you have to follow the instructions exactly or it won't process.

Thanks Dean. Followed the process to the letter, still get msg saying closed for new members. Have emailed member services about this. Wonder if they simply forgot to flip the switch for Jan. 1?

Dean2
01-01-2022, 10:49 AM
Thanks Dean. Followed the process to the letter, still get msg saying closed for new members. Have emailed member services about this. Wonder if they simply forgot to flip the switch for Jan. 1?

Could be, I know there is no cap or anything so it should be working but with the Christmas holidays it is entirely possible it got missed. The office is really good at getting back quick so you will likely hear from them first day the office is open again.

beerhunter
01-01-2022, 11:19 AM
It's a little confusing. If I buy a family membership it seems like I need to buy a youth membership too? Or can I buy a family membership and just register my wife and son?

Is there an option to get a discount code?

tranq78
01-01-2022, 11:21 AM
It's a little confusing. If I buy a family membership it seems like I need to buy a youth membership too? Or can I buy a family membership and just register my wife and son?

Just tried again and finally was able to register my 18 year old as new range member.

I have one of TC's pythons, just transferred to his name. Gonna be fun at the range. :fighting0007:

tranq78
01-01-2022, 11:29 AM

Is there an option to get a discount code?

Just buy a family membership and include spouse and children under 18.

I've never seen a discount code offered by SPFGA.